KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

View Poll Results: What do you want most in your kart?
Top Speed 3 18.75%
Acceleration 5 31.25%
Handling 4 25.00%
Boost 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Takashi 
Green Glove Drifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Takashi
Default What matters most to you in a Kart?

I think someone told me this after schooling me in a practice kart that certain karts have different specifications such as better acceleration and stuff like that. I have to learn more about it to get the most of out of my racing soon though but what matters most to you guys?

Do you guys prefer Top Speed? Acceleration? or Handling? or even Boost power.

I don't know the difference with boost but I think I want more handling in a Kart. After all, this is a drifting game and you can't win the race if you're just bumping into walls. xD
Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

I don't think I really consider one more important than another.

Karts with bad handling CAN be mastered, it just takes more time. But if you get used to a specific kart, it may be hard to get used to another kart, even if the other kart has better control.

When you're thinking about SR's, the top karts (Cotton, Saber, and STORM) are pretty different, but they're all considered good. They all have decent control, some are just better than others. And they also again all have decent speed, just that some are a bit faster than others.

So really, I'm looking for a kart that's decent with everything. Doesn't really answer the poll, but it is my opinion. I used to always say I wanted a Saber (good speed, good control on drifting, bad control normally), but after trying everything out, I'm not really sure anymore. When good karts start coming out on NAKR (like R4), I'll make my decision. I've really only been stuck with Marathon's on PK, which have crappy control and crappy speed, so I haven't made my decision yet.
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Jaguar 
Rainbow Glove Drifter

Send a message via MSN to Jaguar

my vote was boost, because then you can do less drift while using an n2o to get a certain amount of n2o.

PK 1 - Cheezy
PK 3 - 0o0Jaguar0o0
KKR - PROTLxSmexy
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
RKBaller 
#YOLO

Handling and Boost.
Handling because it helps me drift, though what RK said was right, you can master the kart without a lot of handling power.
Boost because its freakin' awesome.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:58 PM   #5
Surreal 
Red Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Surreal

Probably handling
or appeal.
;]
Old 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Flameking 
Red Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Flameking Send a message via MSN to Flameking Send a message via Yahoo to Flameking

I like acceleration because I wanna get up to speed very quick. Once the game releases though, I'll do some tests and post what i find here with some specifications i guess.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
Deluxe 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Deluxe Send a message via MSN to Deluxe Send a message via Yahoo to Deluxe

In order of importance for me.
1. Acceleration
2. Handling
3. Top speed
Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #8
Antoshi 
Blue Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Antoshi Send a message via MSN to Antoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Antoshi

I also picked Acceleration. Being able to pull away from the pack, especially in Item races, is very useful.

Click on the banner above, and be magically whisked away to a land of mushrooms, and "one size fits all" jumpsuits! Do it!

I STILL <3 Maridia
Antoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:09 AM   #9
Garry 
Black Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Garry Send a message via MSN to Garry Send a message via Yahoo to Garry
Default Boost

I chose boost. Because without boost... there is no way catching up when you behind. 8)

Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #10
Jaguar 
Rainbow Glove Drifter

Send a message via MSN to Jaguar

Actually, there is pull. 2nd and 3rd and 4th.. and so on go 10 kph faster then 1st place, so if you are the same as the person in 1st, you will catch up.

PK 1 - Cheezy
PK 3 - 0o0Jaguar0o0
KKR - PROTLxSmexy
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Antoshi 
Blue Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Antoshi Send a message via MSN to Antoshi Send a message via Yahoo to Antoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
Actually, there is pull. 2nd and 3rd and 4th.. and so on go 10 kph faster then 1st place, so if you are the same as the person in 1st, you will catch up.
Wow, really? I didn't even notice that. It reminds me of Mario Kart 64, when the CPU's would catch up to you, but it was a hell of a lot more unfair then, because they would somehow drive INSANELY fast.

Click on the banner above, and be magically whisked away to a land of mushrooms, and "one size fits all" jumpsuits! Do it!

I STILL <3 Maridia
Antoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #12
Virtuoso702 
Yellow Glove Drifter

I guess that handling is the most important to me.
What sucks is that you can't really test all carts, 'cause that would cost a hell lot of money, I guess...
Meh, I'll see what I'll choose. ^^
Virtuoso702 is offline   Reply With Quote