KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #16
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber
 
Join Date: May 2008
IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』
Posts: 983

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
@ Okie: A friend & I tried non-infinite N2O before choosing the mode on which we were gonna be making standard, & it's just grueling man, haha . I actually was against infinite N2O at first too, believing it to be easier than infinite, but it turned out that infinite is just so much easier + less grueling to play & watch .
If the optimal strategy is to just not drift at all.. that's incredibly boring and kind of defeats the purpose of speed mode, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
@ Mandu: Trust me when I tell you, the standard kart for Speed should be practice kart pros . Not only does everybody have access to them + they cannot be enhanced, but the skill gap closes tremendously when you do so. Anything faster & there will be absolute blowouts that will make everything less fun since the game has been out for so long & many of us started at different times.
I think most people who play now have played for quite awhile. When we played with 9 karts after the tournament ended we were all pretty evenly matched.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdans7236 View Post
Yeah, I don't have a Practice Kart 9 because I did the rider school tutorials after they made the practice kart 9s 30 days instead of permanent...
Same here, I didn't even know you could get it permanent.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?

Last edited by 오키스모키; 05-18-2016 at 08:36 PM..
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #17
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan
 
tjdans7236's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
IGN: 9367236
Posts: 155

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 오키스모키 View Post
I think most people who play now have played for quite awhile. When we played with 9 karts after the tournament ended we were all pretty evenly matched.
I've never seen you guys play that frequently, but I actually feel like there's still quite a wide range of talent in this forum. Nova is really good, but I'm a noob and never play on S2 and always play S3 or Infinite mode :P

But anyways, Okie, what do you suggest would be the best way? I mean honestly, I'm sure we can all find a time where we can try multiple modes.
__________________
IGN: 8DonQuixote8
tjdans7236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:33 PM   #18
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter
 
Mandu`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 373

Default

Honestly I'm okay with whatever. I'm terrible at non-infinite N20 as well but even with infinite N20 I have trouble in majority of the league tracks because I don't know the best ways of drifting. Also going with what Nova said about practice kart pro is fine with me as well. Whatever the majority wants I'm okay, I just want to have fun playing with ya guys.
Mandu` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #19
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

Lol . The time we played with 9 karts I won like 95% of the time . It's like, not even fair since I've played at super high levels of this game for like two years now . I'll bet you everything I'd win the tourney if it were on 9s, & it's just not fair since I've continued to play this game when most either quit or come back every now & then, since I'm either sad or just loyal, hehe . Anyways, if you use 9s that means you'd be adding upgrades, karts, etc. that just means that p2p - yet again - wins over actual skill .

The main point is not just to accommodate the people playing right now, but if new people wanted to join to allow them to come . Practice Kart Pros on infinite N2O have enough skill to still make competition big . I mean, we can try no infinite, but you're prob just saying this because you haven't tried it yet. Keng & I did, & it is horrible compared to infinite N2O . Everything would be much more boring if we played S2 Speed with 9s & I won literally 99% of the games . With the modes nerfed to these levels, everybody has a chance to win . I've played with pro gamers, but was scared I'd lose to Slick - who only came back to KartRider to play these tourneys last week . Trust me, with practice, this is prob the best modes to standardize . I will stress again, I will not lose if it's on your mode ...

TLDR ; Practice Kart PRO = A kart everybody has . Infinite N2O & Item S1 = Modes that are easy, but have enough skill involved to make clear differences between competitors . 2gud2lose on fast. We will have much more fun w/ Infinite N2O .

Last edited by Nova; 05-18-2016 at 11:07 PM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:22 PM   #20
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber
 
Join Date: May 2008
IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』
Posts: 983

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Lol . The time we played with 9 karts I won like 95% of the time . It's like, not even fair since I've played at super high levels of this game for like two years now . I'll bet you everything I'd win the tourney if it were on 9s, & it's just not fair since I've continued to play this game when most either quit or come back every now & then, since I'm either sad or just loyal, hehe . Anyways, if you use 9s that means you'd be adding upgrades, karts, etc. that just means that p2p - yet again - wins over actual skill .
I have a fully upgraded Paragon 9 and haven't spent a cent on this game since I came back?

If you win 95% of the time, then you SHOULD win the tournament. Isn't that the entire point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
I mean, we can try no infinite, but you're prob just saying this because you haven't tried it yet. Keng & I did, & it is horrible compared to infinite N2O .
I disagree. I prefer when the game actually takes skill. I played Kartrider before SRs came out, and the skill ceiling with PRO karts was a lot higher (IMO) than with SR+, when you no longer had to worry about multi boosting and managing N2O. It's even worse with 9 karts now that one drift = one n2o.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:50 PM   #21
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

That's because you got lucky .. everybody who plays this game knows how gamble p2p this game is , LOL . Uhmm, your 95% comment doesn't make much sense . Obviously if somebody plays their best mode they should win ?? I said the 95% thing because on the standard pro mode (S2 Speed) it's too fast for peeps . Why would you want to play something that you know you have no chance of winning ? It's basically like allowing Challenger LoL players to play against Diamond, Plat, Silver, Bronze, etc.

Infinite N2O does take skill .. Me + Keng + Slick trained for the tourney the last few days before it & we got 1st/2nd/& 4th . That's clear skill . And nah, 9s are harder than the PRO days . All the pro gamers know how to multi boost/switch N2Os, tok tok, etc. under speeds that are just impossible for newer players.

Under this current state, even new players can join & have a chance to win. The peeps with the most skill will still have a bigger chance to race, but it would be impossible to win for people. Idk why you'd want to turn off people when you could theoretically play under this mode. There's no way you can watch that vid & think that we were all evenly matched when we went 9s .

+ not everybody has paragon 9s . Even on my main account I only race with boxter due to being unlucky with top 50s + stuff LOL . 200 top 50s, tons of bingo, etc. no P9 GG boyz

TLDR ; Unity > Division

Last edited by Nova; 05-18-2016 at 11:56 PM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #22
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber
 
Join Date: May 2008
IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』
Posts: 983

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
That's because you got lucky .. everybody who plays this game knows how gamble p2p this game is , LOL . Uhmm, your 95% comment doesn't make much sense . Obviously if somebody plays their best mode they should win ?? I said the 95% thing because on the standard pro mode (S2 Speed) it's too fast for peeps . Why would you want to play something that you know you have no chance of winning ? It's basically like allowing Challenger LoL players to play against Diamond, Plat, Silver, Bronze, etc.
How do you get a paragon 9 by paying? They don't come from the gears you can buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Infinite N2O does take skill .. Me + Keng + Slick trained for the tourney the last few days before it & we got 1st/2nd/& 4th .
No offense, but yeah, you trained and that's why you won. Watching the YouTube video just shows that you guys didn't drift at all and IMO that doesn't take very much skill. You trained and figured out the best strategy whereas other people didn't know that you didn't have to drift at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
And nah, 9s are harder than the PRO days . All the pro gamers know how to multi boost/switch N2Os, tok tok, etc. under speeds that are just impossible for newer players.
How is it harder? Sure they know how to do it, but they don't have to. Not as much as you had to when PRO karts were the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
not everybody has paragon 9s . Even on my main account I only race with boxter due to being unlucky with top 50s + stuff LOL . 200 top 50s, tons of bingo, etc. no P9 GG boyz
You can't get paragon 9 from top 50s..
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:19 AM   #23
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

I meant any good kart from top 50s . Are you seriously going to sit here & say that KartRider has not become P2P ? Lol . Nobody, not even any high level racers Ive ever seen, have said anything to the contrary .

You will notice that it doesn't matter about "not drifting". It matters about where you're "not drifting". Like, one of my strats is tapping twice on wide turns and going straight at the corner because it's stabilized much more. That's strategy. Not just sweeping my kart across the wide turn like I'd do with P9 & rely on my speed to beat people .

The reason I have proposed these modes is to have as many people as possible have a chance to win + play at the same level as everybody else without additives. My friend actually said that we could have a pol, & we can if you want, but I am nearly 90% sure that playing on 9s would be terrible/no fun compared to practice karts.

There is a beauty in playing with these karts. At first, I was like you & said "I can 99% beat everybody on S2 so there's no reason on ever considering tourneys". These karts allow you to notice the beauty of the maps, the beauty of playing together, & the beauty of making no mistakes. It reminds me of football/soccer.

TLDR ; The skill difference, even if newer players were to come & play, is small. However, the better racer would always win because they make mistakes less than most people. There is no way MHJ would lose, however, any mistake he'd make would be punished easier by players because the skill gap is lower. You do drift in this mode, just not as much as normal. Matter of fact, the entire race is drifting. No drift = no N2O lol .

Last edited by Nova; 05-19-2016 at 12:20 AM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #24
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber
 
Join Date: May 2008
IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』
Posts: 983

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
I meant any good kart from top 50s . Are you seriously going to sit here & say that KartRider has not become P2P ? Lol . Nobody, not even any high level racers Ive ever seen, have said anything to the contrary .
Kartrider is a LOT less p2w now than it was when I last played. At least now you can get the top karts without having to pay, you absolutely could not before and were stuck with the solid series.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Matter of fact, the entire race is drifting. No drift = no N2O lol .[/b]
Tapping the drift key is not drifting..


Anyways, I'm done replying. I was stating my opinion that playing speed with no drifting at all seems incredibly boring to me. I might as well play item at that point.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #25
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

KartRider's more p2w . There's just no comparison. Go find me an avid player that says otherwise & I'll find you 3 ~ 5 you say otherwise .

Tapping the drift key is drifting . The entire point of drifting currently, even at top levels, is to tap the drift key LOOOL . Yes, even MHJ & YYH attempt to tap the shift key as fast as possible to get optimized drifts .

With practice, EVERYBODY can have a chance at winning. The best players will still win, as evidenced from our current tourney where Keng is nearly unbeatable . Watch that vid again & see how many times, even after he makes mistakes, he goes up a placing or more . I don't know why you think this is poker or something where the skill level is so low, due to the luck factor, that literally anybody can win.

This mode uses drifting still. The only thing different about it is the speed is much slower. But with a lower speed, it makes strategy & drift implementation much more important than speed . NA doesn't even have a server & you want to go straight to 9s ? Why not just go to S2 to screw over everybody else besides me ? Look, I totally respect your opinion - as I feel like I'm fighting with my old self since I thought this same thing before I began playing it - but you're wrong on the fact that this takes no skill . It's basically the same way to play , just lower speeds. I don't want to kill the scene before it even starts, LOL . We need arguments like this to determine the best way to play (fun+competitive). But thanks, & I hope you come around soon !

Last edited by Nova; 05-19-2016 at 12:45 AM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:00 AM   #26
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber
 
Join Date: May 2008
IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』
Posts: 983

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
KartRider's more p2w . There's just no comparison. Go find me an avid player that says otherwise & I'll find you 3 ~ 5 you say otherwise .
You either didn't play back then, or have your vision clouded by something. There is no way in hell Kartrider is more Pay2Win now than it was when you had to purchase any kart other than Solid. There are so many events now that give you good karts, and you can STILL buy Solid from the shop for Lucci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Tapping the drift key is drifting . The entire point of drifting currently, even at top levels, is to tap the drift key LOOOL . Yes, even MHJ & YYH attempt to tap the shift key as fast as possible to get optimized drifts .
You know that is not what I meant. When I mean tapping the drift key I mean you are doing a .5 second drift to get a full n2o, and that is ALL of the drifting you're doing.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:17 AM   #27
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

KartRider has no REAL shop anymore, loool . Can't buy anything besides gambling items so that you can pay $50 ~ $200+ for karts to get P9 + full upgrade . My vision isn't clouded . I've talked with top gamers on literally every server . They all hate how p2p Kart Rider is atm . That's why the Nexon dude had to say that stuff at the end of the last tourney about how the community was supposedly treating them. You pay more for P9 than the last system !!! Last time, you only had to pay $10 or so for a kart, now unless you do tons of events + get lucky, you will pay way over it's normal price .

The drift is the same thing . Infinite N2O makes it even more like the same thing . I literally play the game EVERY DAY . I'm pretty confident I know what I'm talking about .

This way of playing is more fun + more skill-based than anything else . Playing 9s where I literally just retire peeps every race is much more boring than this . This is the best balance of ease, skill, & fun you could possibly find on Kart Rider atm . Everything else is just niche tbh . Even at the top levels where there are still kart speed + kart upgrade gaps that shouldn't even be in competitive games . And especially since NA doesn't even have it's own server . Why in the world would any of the newer players join tourneys at those types of speeds ? If you can't understand that this is the best way to play for everybody, when even the best KE player tells you this, then IDK what to tell you to change your mind .

I may poll this just to see what others think, but I really don't think it's necessary when it's clearly obvious these standards have more potential to A. Get new people into the scene B. Create a highly competitive scene & C. Create a more FUN scene than any other standards .

Last edited by Nova; 05-19-2016 at 10:28 PM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:23 AM   #28
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter
 
Mandu`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 373

Default

Good points made by both. Nova why don't you just create a poll and see what people think?
Mandu` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:34 AM   #29
Nova 
USAlNova
 
Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 585

Default

Well, I was gonna run the FNL tourney this Friday + I don't see how anything would be better than this mode to do those three things I mentioned in my last post, but I guess I'll just push it off until next Friday unless we get at least like 5 ~ 10+ votes . Remember, this is the STANDARD we're talking about . Of course I'm going to add All Kart tourneys to the Grand Prix system to gain points . I just wanted to create a standard where literally anybody who put in the time to practice - like Slick - could come back or start the game & be pretty decent . I know there's tons of watchers (I see you BEN + UCHIHA !!!) in the shadows who could easily come back & do super well with these standards . If the standards grow higher, we'll get less people . This is about uniting those in the shadows, not pushing people away . The skill level is still enough for people like me or Keng or Okie or anybody(!) if he/she decided to practice for a few days . With higher speeds, that's years, or at least months, to even get close to a decent level . I still know people I've played with for years who I'll retire 99% of the time . And tbh, it's not even fair because we don't even have an NA server & not everybody is a loser like me who played 8 ~ 12 hrs per day to get this level .

But, I'll make the poll . Here goes ...

Last edited by Nova; 05-19-2016 at 02:35 AM..
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #30
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan
 
tjdans7236's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
IGN: 9367236
Posts: 155

Default

Stop arguing you guys :P Y'all got valid points.

If I'm reading correctly,
Okie wants a tourney based on skill
But Nova wants it to be fun for everybody, which means making it less dependent on skill.

Why not make both eh? All we need to do is just find the time.


But regarding p2w, I'd have to say that KR has become more p2w. Back then, all you had to do was scrap together $9.90 for the best kart in the store, and you were set. But now, you could literally spend $100, and not get the best kart. For example, the magic box event or the timed store event, there are videos of people splashing in a shit ton of money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSuFhuUDIEM

Also, I do agree with Okie that speed mode has become... easier in some aspects. For example, the automatic nitro charging system, the booster recovery system, and how nowadays you only need one or two turns to fill up the gauge. Compared to the past, you don't need to plan your drift build as much at all.

But honestly, I'm not sure if speed mode has become "easier". Everyone benefits from the same system, so the competition is pretty much the same. Also, with the game becoming less dependent on the above factors, it's become more dependent on other factors like 톡톡이 and being able to cope with the new faster speed, which is quite frankly getting too fast (hency why Nexon has been trying to slow it down through multiple ways, like getting rid of the factory system, slowing down all channels slightly)
__________________
IGN: 8DonQuixote8
tjdans7236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Style by: kreativfantasy.com