KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 08-31-2015, 10:54 AM   #151
NightDance 
No License

waiting for much more good news

I wanna know if this server contain SR cars

Last edited by NightDance; 08-31-2015 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
NightDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:39 PM   #152
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

IGN: 9367236

Congrats! I can't wait to try it! :)
tjdans7236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:35 AM   #153
Syne_Beany 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: TheBeany
Guild: MiniRoyalty

Well done guys!
Syne_Beany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #154
nukuno 
No License

Just came across this today, and wanted to congratulate on current progress so far.
nukuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #155
UnForastero 
No License

Dude. I actually learned a little of C#. If you need some help in the coding area i will be grateful to help.
UnForastero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #156
c1neK 
Blue Glove Drifter

isnt this ded already? no news since forever server is down. id be suprised if its still alive
Old 10-21-2015, 10:25 PM   #157
Nova 
USAlNova

Well, that server that was up a while back was just the korean one . Fraysa said he was gonna make an American one, but your right ... haven't heard anything in a bit . That would be pretty cool if they never gave up, though, haha !
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:16 PM   #158
c1neK 
Blue Glove Drifter

i mean honestly look at all those games from the NA KR period. Each and every single one mmo had it own private server i think. Perhaps KR isnt as good game as we thought. I mean making game even from purely Korean client on the priv server isnt unheard of and isnt that hard for small group of coders so why KR never had one?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #159
Nova 
USAlNova

A: Because KR has been gone for so long . I don't get what having a private server determines in a game besides the popularity of it grabbing the attention of coders . Of course KR is a good game ! Also, there was (or maybe still is) a KR private server .

Last edited by Nova; 10-22-2015 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #160
drbazzi 
Jigglypuff Extraordinaire

IGN: JDMPOWER (Korean)

Talking

That sure is some dedication
Old 10-23-2015, 08:16 PM   #161
c1neK 
Blue Glove Drifter

thats my point nova. KR been gone so long bcoz it didnt get popular. Nexon isnt charity they gotta pay for servers and service and if KR isnt making money then why shuld they ever run it?
Old 10-25-2015, 01:47 PM   #162
Nova 
USAlNova

First off, Nexon is known to be a terrible company . Literally, I think if Nexon didn't help KR than any sane person that knows their history with their games SHOULD do that very thing and support KR . We wouldn't even be having this discussion if a company like Riot or even Blizzard held KR or a game like it . KR was in the top 3 of ALL games played by Koreans when it first came out . Name me any game that went unreleased that was played that much . Sudden Attack, Aion, etc. ALL have English counterparts . Frankly, it's ridiculous to say that KartRider is not popular in the West . Well ... duh, dude . It's not marketed in the West ! It's barely even marketed in Korea !

I JUST had a talk with one of my Korean friends (though many Koreans think this) who spoke of Nexon Korea as the same money-hungry company that Nexon America has been associated with throughout all their games . He literally said, "they only care about MONEY" . We came to a conclusion that yes, casual racing games are not popular atm ... yes, KartRider is basically the best PC racing game to ever exist ... but, yes, with a different company, a game like KartRider could've been (and still can be) huge over worldwide .

You and everybody with that same mindset of "but games like KartRider just aren't popular enough to be made" are bordering on either lack of knowing what's going on or are just pure trolling . There are thousands upon thousands of games that have been released, played, (probably died), but have still had a chance to make it . Nexon America throws up a beta, takes the game down before release, throws up a Facebook version, takes that down, and now you guys think KartRider just isn't popular . Have you ever, just ever, thought that maybe if Nexon listened to their fans at all, we would've had the updates, karts, etc. necessary to sustain even the little amount of KR they gave us ? A proper analogy for this would be to release the beta of LoL with only five or ten champs, let peeps play it for a few months, then see interest die down due to not releasing any champs,skins, etc., and claim that the game never met our standards and we'll release it when it will. Wtf kind of company would do that ? Nexon .

Listen, I don't even want KartRider to be released in America or anywhere unless Nexon is taken off the project . Plus, KartRider as a singular game needs some work before we crown it the best f2p racing game that will ever be made . It's simplicity in controls, quests, item mode, etc. is amazing, but it needs more of a strategic aspect like MOBA, FPS, & Strategy games have to gain more respect. KartRider has basically been the lowest strategical e-sport & still amassed leagues in KR, China, & Taiwan . It's gonna take some work, but there will one day be a racing game with KartRider's simplicity but with more strategy that will rise . That's the dream right there ... somebody taking KartRider's positives, learning from their negatives, and adding more strategy . Like the vice-versa of DOTA --> LoL . Idk what it'd look like, but it could just be like Rocket League or a racing MOBA ... or anything and still be popular with KR's positives.

In each game, there could be three maps (like MOBA's three lanes) where gold coins would be spread out (higher denominations nearest to corners to award perfect routes better) & after finishing a map (higher placement = more $$$, 20 sec to finish after 1st place finishes) you're tele'd back to base where you can upgrade your kart (lowest=Practice Kart,highest=Paragon 9, etc. & same for Item karts). After that, there'd be a cool-down time for a new map to be randomized for each lane after their done and during this period there could be a field or something like Rocket League where you score points with a ball that drops when all the lanes are closed. Obviously, having a faster or stronger kart would help you score more goals and yadda yadda yadda . You can add all the fun stuff KartRider has, too: like bosses, capture the flag, etc. for jungler & stuff . Build off that & now you have a huge e-sport. There is a void missing with racing games that are actually competitive enough to be pro in, like KartRider or TrackMania, & even a quick example like this could prove substantially successful for a company that actually gives two shits .

But even the popularity it had back in its hey-day is more than any non-released game in existence, quite possibly, and still (on videos like these...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5C...6t5pJTb0Da_d4U) attracts viewers . Plus, there's a Grand Prix open as we speak for another league . BTW ... this will be the ... wait for it ..................... 21st(!!!) KartRider league !

Open your eyes because that charity comment made you sound like a worker at Nexon trying to defend themselves from doing a shoddy job . I'm not saying KartRider is the best, most popular game to exist. However, I am saying that KartRider - if given the chance - could be a huge game & e-sport .

Last edited by Nova; 10-25-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Old 10-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #163
c1neK 
Blue Glove Drifter

First you didnt understand single thing I wrote. If you wanna see bad company type game forge in google or search for what actually Riot did to Leauge compared to what Valve did to Dota over past 2 years. We never got our answers but honestly if KR had steady increasing number of players playing the game it would be hard to imagine that Nexon would just shut down the game that they ALREADY paid to translate/code.
Second racing genere is just dead. tbh it never was alive. Most popular game in that genere, i think, was TrackMania which was kinda popular but never big. TrackMania has constant stream of updates and rereleases and drops in popularity HARD.
KR is dying. Ive been monitoring vieweship on Afreeca and YouTube on KR videos and streams and the been doing nothing but droping.
And finally you didnt even try to understand to what ive wrote above. The fact that this game is good to you and me doesnt mean other players will enjoy it. You can crown it as the best of best etc. but it doesnt actually mean it is. Heck even unreleased korean MMOS get more hype in west scene than KR ever had.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #164
Nova 
USAlNova

First off, yes I did; but just to accommodate this post, I'll answer everything you said - sentence by sentence. I searched up Game Forge + it's controversy & it is LITERALLY the same exact thing Nexon is/has been doing with their games (especially MapleStory) for a long while now. I don't understand what Riot did to League over what Valve did to Dota, so you could attempt to explain it a bit more. It's also hard to believe that Nexon would not update, listen to loyal fans at all, nor expand upon a game that they "ALREADY paid to translate/code"...so what does that tell you?

The racing genre is not dead. PC wise, maybe, but Mario Kart 8 sold 1.2M copies in 4 days & 2.82M in its' first month. There is not a single PC racing game besides KartRider, TrackMania, & maybe Tales Runner that even looks up-to-par with the other genres either. Just because there is no interest in something at the moment does not mean that people don't want something/will never want it. Haven't we learned this mistake throughout human history with things like Steve Jobs' quotes, MOBA games rising past SC, Bernie Sanders' rise from a 4% candidate to a contender against Hillary, & the superhero genre making a huge comeback in film? The answer is yes.

Yes, I already know KR is dying ... I talk about this with many Koreans who believe it as well. However, whenever I ask them what the cause is, they all refer back to Nexon not caring about what they say & people having more interest in MOBAs right now. I also believe that KR has been plagued by the same pay-to-win maneuvers that Nexon has done throughout their games (namely MapleStory, yet again). I haven't monitored viewership on Afreeca - so I'll take your word on it - but viewership on YouTube has always not been quite high because Koreans don't use YouTube at their standard method of viewership like we do in the West. They have DaumTV, PandoraTV, etc. Anyways, even with that being the case, the views of this last league with MHJ have gotten higher views than the last league. And the YYH vs. MHJ video has gotten the most views of any SPoTV KR league (3)! Plus, the lowest view count on the 1st page of Youtube vids in the past month was by a video made by KoreaBaZzi which got 11k views as of today...Matter of fact, KoreaBaZzi - otherwise known as 김정훈 has 73k subscribers and primarily plays KartRider (since he was a former progamer). He makes his money off of streaming KartRider. So yes, it's dying...but that does not mean that if a game were to come out with KR's positives and expand upon them with clean graphics, more strategy, etc. that it would be dead on arrival. No ... just no.

And finally, I did try to understand what you wrote. Your right that it doesn't mean that game is good just because you & I believe that to be the case. HOWEVER, I CAN crown it to be the most popular racing game South Korea - the mecca of e-sports and PC gaming in general - has ever had . Statistically, it's true. And, tbh, you may be right about the "korean MMOS" thing, because frankly, IDK & you didn't provide any evidence . Frankly, KartRider may just be too chibi for the western market to enjoy as much as the Eastern markets. But that doesn't mean that if a good company expanded upon KartRider's success & made a better racing game that it wouldn't flourish. If Riot released their 2nd game to be an upgraded version like KartRider, I would bet my life that it could become successful.

TLDR ; C1, you're wrong about this one .

Last edited by Nova; 10-26-2015 at 10:08 AM..
Old 10-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #165
c1neK 
Blue Glove Drifter

im so lazy actually that i realy dont want to write another long post so ill keep this shortish.

Leauge had shitty client since forever. Its sluggish and bad in general and yet riot did nothing to improve while volvo is upgrading their client every 3-4 years so far. Riot keeps Leauge under retarded balance and same meta since forever. Lets not forget that Leauge isnt actually free game while dota entirly is.

As for MOBA success. Dota was mod in Wc3. You know how it became popular? Wc3 is rts game which require a lot of micro and multitask skill. In Dota you control 1 hero and sometimes 2-3 units alongside it. So yeah Dota became popular bcoz it was Wc3 for retards and since our society is retarded Dota got popular. After that we got Leauge which was even easier than Dota and it had to be success. There was need for 'Dota on its own client' and Riot was first to deliver it. Thats it. Theres no miracle in it. Compare it to racing genere? The difference is there are games that already tried. We named TrackMania and RocketLeauge. Yea sure its PC only but majority of money in the Esports is on the PC. Doesnt matter how hard consoles with their Mario kart will try it will never even get close to weakest Esport PC games.

Games die over time so is KR, what nexon is doing is accepting that fact and milking whats left from the community. Its slighty different from game forge since the latter simply killed communities with their decisions.

Finally as for KoreaBaZzi we both know why he is popular. Heck anyone that watched hes stream even for 5 mins will know why he is popular. Coz hes retardly loud and an asshole, which is popular in Korea i guess.

TLDR ; I stand by my words and this point. KR never had chance in western scene and the lack of ppl willing to code and maintain private server proves it

Last edited by c1neK; 10-27-2015 at 08:53 PM..
c1neK is offline   Reply With Quote