KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 07-29-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
oshijizax 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Thumbs up Kartrider's Rising Return

More then 2 years ago NAKR closed beta ended. The roads we had made memories on became closed off. This led many of us to stray to Korea and other foreign countries to get our fix of the game we loved.

While we waited patiently for our cherished game to return, we were promised that "NEXON had no intention of putting out a beta then not bringing back the game". For a while we had strong hope that it would return soon and as promised, we would get to keep our accounts in all their glory with everything we earned during the beta.

Alas years went by with no word of the game. Many questioned about Kart Rider but for the most part these cries for an answer were unheard and lost in the wind. A small amount were heard and answered, however the replies however tended to give conflicting information much of which became lies.

Well I'm tired of the broken promises and this shitty attitude of "Ohh we might bring it back eventually".

I remember a time when we played a beta, we shared fun times talked raced and most importantly beat the living crap out of roflsyrup (infamous hacker) with legit racing. Things were good, friends were made and we enjoyed a joyous time. Unfortunately it came to an end and the hope that it will be bought back by NEXON is so tiny and minuscule one might mistake it for their penis.

But i ask of you why should we wait for them!

I propose that we take it upon ourselves to bring the wondrous joy of this game back!

I propose a private server!

We would be free to roam the roads which were once home to us in the language we understand. This is not some impossible feat only able to be done by a dragon slaying pineapple. NO. This is something we can do... together. they did it for maple story a year after kartrider was closed. We must do this fellow riders... FOR NARNIA!!!

/Over-Under-dramatic-speech------------------------------------------------------------

I'm totally serious about the private server.
It's not impossible. I'm more then willing to buy a server plus a static ip if we can get this to work. I was thinking we should use the American beta software because it will be much easier to hack into and suit our needs.Remember it hasn't been updated in years.

People would play it, and it would put a lot of pressure on NEXON to release the game.

I'm not going to lie i don't know a whole lot about private servers, but in terms of computers I'm smart, I know C and a bit of javascript, unfortunately not whole lot of SQL though.

So i call out to YOU and ask those with bravery and honor to aid me on my quest for a private server!

Right now let's start with the basics, does anybody have the most updated version of kartrider, i have an old setup from 07

--------

tl/dr
lets bring back NAKR by ourselves w/private server

Last edited by oshijizax; 07-29-2010 at 09:49 PM..
oshijizax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
G4m3ShArK 
Track Veteran

IGN: CRBlShArK
Guild: Carbon/CRB

I think everyone has thought of that tbh, but it is a lot of hard work for like what ? 20 people ?
G4m3ShArK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
oshijizax 
Yellow Glove Drifter

more people would play if there was a way they could
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
uniqueen1508 
Blue Glove Drifter

IGN: moonqueen/ kellysa111
Guild: FoS and SoL

I would have taken this more seriously if you had typed "propose" instead of "purpose."
Old 07-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #5
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

IGN: LIQUIDSIN
Guild: Eminent

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4m3ShArK View Post
I think everyone has thought of that tbh, but it is a lot of hard work for like what ? 20 people ?
I could easily get 200 or more. guys now a days we got tweeter..face book and so many other ways of communicating with people out there. Cant believe you guys are thinking so small. Count me in and so many others i can definitely bring in.

liquidsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
oshijizax 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueen1508 View Post
I would have taken this more seriously if you had typed "propose" instead of "purpose."
sorry about that.

This seems possible, why not do it, we get a good amount of players (shouldn't be too hard there would be a lot more people who would want to play) this would also allow cause:
-The fanbase to grow
-It would put a lot of pressure on NEXON to release the game
-Does anyone have the most updated version of NAKR beta
-Anyone know anything about private servers/SQL?(I'm doing lots of research in this area.)
Old 07-30-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
Patmaster 
KR Rocket

Nexon would probably file a copyright breach on this.
Patmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Ah right, you make a server with the client software.
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
oshijizax 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBuddies View Post
Ah right, you make a server with the client software.
I'm working on it, does anyone have the client(American Beta) still installed on their computer.

Edit also does anybody know if there are private servers for the Korean/Chinese versions

Last edited by oshijizax; 07-31-2010 at 03:14 PM..
oshijizax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

http://www.chip.de/downloads/KartRider_29079434.html is from February 2008 (of course with GameGuard which is known to be killed with KartDebug).
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
G4m3ShArK 
Track Veteran

IGN: CRBlShArK
Guild: Carbon/CRB

you should just help iKart he's already started on the project.
G4m3ShArK is offline   Reply With Quote