KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
Dani 
No License

Send a message via MSN to Dani
Default question about hackers

i dont know if its the place to ask nor if its allowed,

but, i've seen a few hackers, and couldnt do anything about it,
is there any reporting system? gms? bans?

thanks.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
Anthony 
Black Glove Drifter

Personally I haven't seen any hackers around but I'm sure Gm's would probably implement an autoban system in KR too.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #3
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Don't think there's anything we can currently do about them other than maybe create a thread on nexon forums. Dunno if they would notice though.

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:21 AM   #4
Rayzr 
Green Glove Drifter

When a player has an [X] next to their name when it's a race does that mean the player d/c or something? Because once some guy had that and was last and he came first then he started swearing at me after i said "Is that hacks?"
Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #5
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Yes, it means they're disconnected from the server.

Some people know how to abuse that, sometimes it just happens to a person without the knowledge of how to do it.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
Riced 
No License

I think the [x] and them winning at the end has to do with what ports the game uses. Some people may have a firewall or a router that blocks those ports from sending information so that it looks like to you that they aren't moving, but then in the end when the game declares the winners based on times, it'll switch back to the normal ports so it looks like a hack. In reality, they drove the course just like you did, however their kart's info was not sent to your computer.

However, it's not a hack and I hope you refrain from calling them that. People with that problem with blocked ports can finish in any place based on their time. Not just first.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 AM   #7
Rayzr 
Green Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riced
I think the [x] and them winning at the end has to do with what ports the game uses. Some people may have a firewall or a router that blocks those ports from sending information so that it looks like to you that they aren't moving, but then in the end when the game declares the winners based on times, it'll switch back to the normal ports so it looks like a hack. In reality, they drove the course just like you did, however their kart's info was not sent to your computer.

However, it's not a hack and I hope you refrain from calling them that. People with that problem with blocked ports can finish in any place based on their time. Not just first.
Well i came first and i'm sure there wasn't anyone behind me named of the guy who came first after. The guy who was behind me came 3rd and i came 2nd when there was no one infront.
Rayzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Dani 
No License

Send a message via MSN to Dani

there was some guy called Syrop-something, and he finished pyramid mesa track in less than 1:50,
plus, at the beggining he used n2o, even before we started racing, same along the entire race.

o yeah and he had that [x] from the beggining yet managed to finish the race :(
Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
GreenPuff 
Black Glove Drifter

Guild: LOL

Send a message via MSN to GreenPuff

Lol had this guy that didn't get to start with his [X] and made to first still in mesa
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riced

No people CAN abuse it. A lot of my friends figured out how to do so in popkart.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #11
Crypt 
No License

RoflSyrup and RoflPancakes are both hackers.. both finished zoomtown in under 2:10 >_> they never had [x]'s or anything just every tiny drift they did gave them full boost
Old 10-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
knowntoown 
No License

I seen some, but i dont get why some people want to hack in this game.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM   #13
InterNational 
Track Veteran

People hack in any game. It's unstoppable.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
Lolegasm 
Red Glove Drifter

Hacking in KR seems extremely stupid to me. And the same goes for Audition.

I can understand that people hack in Maple, because it is possible to keep it secret. But in a game such as KR and Audition where you're ALWAYS playing with other people to gain exp, then you have to hack blatantly infront of everyone. IMO, only an idiot would be stupid enough to do such a thing.

Either way, they should have some sort of reporting system. Perhaps they don't have any GMs assigned to KR yet or something.

On a seperate note, I hope they have events where you get to race Nexon Staff. That'd be so cool...just like you can dance against Nexon Staff in Audition events.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #15
GreenPuff 
Black Glove Drifter

Guild: LOL

Send a message via MSN to GreenPuff

I Roflpancakes lose in mesa