KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Takashi 
Green Glove Drifter

Send a message via Yahoo to Takashi
Default Rankings

Just like Maplestory, its already been seen that Kart Rider will have a rankings system. That seems pretty cool but eventually its gonna stir up more drama *cough*.

Anyone know or have an idea on how it will work?
Like will it track races won or just put how much GP u have?
Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Default Re: Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi
Just like Maplestory, its already been seen that Kart Rider will have a rankings system. That seems pretty cool but eventually its gonna stir up more drama *cough*.

Anyone know or have an idea on how it will work?
Like will it track races won or just put how much GP u have?
More than likely based on RP.

*cough* http://kartextreme.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=169
Okiesmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
S00kitUlost 
Green Glove Drifter

I want a "winning rate/percentage" for guild(team) or speed on the inidividual. =/
Not for items though, because it really comes down to luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Jaguar 
Rainbow Glove Drifter

Send a message via MSN to Jaguar

In kkr they have rankings for most rp and then they have track rankings for best times in time trial.

PK 1 - Cheezy
PK 3 - 0o0Jaguar0o0
KKR - PROTLxSmexy
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

There'll be several ways a ranking system will be administered.

Since it's a racing game, and there's no true way to say who is actually the best, nothing is totally accurate.

You can call a person good or pro, but the actual best is hard to determine.

1. RP Ranking - least accurate way to determine who is good. It's still slightly accurate, but just because someone has played a lot doesn't mean they're the best.
2. Records - Slightly more accurate. People with high records can show their true skill, but having the best record still doesn't necessarily mean you can adjust to different situations while racing, change up your playing style when needed, or perhaps get back to the course quickly after hitting a wall.
3. Tournaments - probably the most accurate way to determine who's the best. Tournaments show who is the best playing under pressure to win. People who win tournaments may not even have the best records. What matters in a real race, isn't just the records, but also the consistency.

Records still do matter. People wouldn't win tournaments if they had good consistency with a crappy record. They need combinations of several things. A decent RP level, which correlates to consistency (remember, though, they might have another account or something, so don't assume). And a decent record on a map to show they can get through the map and stick close to walls. Simply not hitting the walls isn't going to make you be the best. You have to be good at being close to walls without hitting them.

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Stereo 
Green Glove Drifter

IGN: Chunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKAddict
Simply not hitting the walls isn't going to make you be the best. You have to be good at being close to walls without hitting them.
This is primarily what's winning me races right now, it's far better than my drift technique. :? Drive clean & go for the best line, you save more time than fancy techniques can give if you're hitting other players or driving in the middle, half the time.

Bumped my Freeway time down to 2:30.31 in solo speed mode today :] little more work & I'll be ready for L3.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #7
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo
Quote:
Simply not hitting the walls isn't going to make you be the best. You have to be good at being close to walls without hitting them.
This is primarily what's winning me races right now, it's far better than my drift technique. :? Drive clean & go for the best line, you save more time than fancy techniques can give if you're hitting other players or driving in the middle, half the time.

Bumped my Freeway time down to 2:30.31 in solo speed mode today :] little more work & I'll be ready for L3.
You'll already pass the L3 test. Remember, you need to get 2:30 on freeway in the L3 practice kart which is about 20km/h faster than the rookie one.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
Stereo 
Green Glove Drifter

IGN: Chunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesmokie
You'll already pass the L3 test. Remember, you need to get 2:30 on freeway in the L3 practice kart which is about 20km/h faster than the rookie one.
I guess I just need to practice Item Mode (and get a green glove) then :wink: <-- never played Item Mode

Looking at the L3 license video, I drive the Freeway at least as well as the guy in the video :/ But I have no idea how to use the items
Old 10-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
Rayzr 
Green Glove Drifter

Rankings would be awesome .. But item is hard because anyone can win it's not about skill cause ppl can pwn you at the end.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #10
Official 
No License

A game that I finally play that takes skill !
Unlike Maple >_<.
Official is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:54 AM   #11
SHIFTnDRIFT 
No License

Send a message via AIM to SHIFTnDRIFT

I mean that would be Awesome
if that came out, But like what he
said, I think it can or would cause
some Drama also. :?

U.S.A. / North American - (Global) KartRider
KartRider IGN: SHIFTnDRIFT
U.S.A. / North American - (Global) MapleStory
MapleStory IGN: RahulTheFlaw
SHIFTnDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
Flameking 
Red Glove Drifter

Send a message via AIM to Flameking Send a message via MSN to Flameking Send a message via Yahoo to Flameking

I really hope they do it with races won cuz I've helped my team win a couple and came in first a lot
Then again they can do it just like maple. In 4 different formats.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #13
Lolegasm 
Red Glove Drifter

I assume they'll do it by RP. Having it done by races won would probably determine the skill level more accurately, but we'll see what happens

I really need to practise on speed now. I've practically only been doing item mode so far, because I was avoiding having to work on my technique. But I guess that time has come....

It's not that I plan on being somewhere in the top ranks...I just don't want to stay a noob forever D:
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #14
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

They don't have rankings by races.

That would be stupid cause people would just play 1v1 against their friend, and let them go afk for a thousand races.

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #15
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
They don't have rankings by races.

That would be stupid cause people would just play 1v1 against their friend, and let them go afk for a thousand races.
Well, on maplestory they have ranking by fame, which is equally abused.