KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #16
Styles 
No License

I havent bought 1 Kart because they all felt the same to me when I played in beta. Meh, Maybe its just me.
Styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
S00kitUlost 
Green Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesmokie
Quote:
Originally Posted by S00kitUlost
Marathon is; I mean the Solid is for durability, which doesn't make much sense. Well the kart deteriorate slower over time @_@ if you have the Solid?
Solid has good stability, and very nice grip when cornering. It is my favorite for C1 and E2 karts for these reasons. Especially considering how many people are bumping at the start right now, solid really helps to withstand those bumps.
Then it would act like cotton? Cotton has best handling/stability?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #18
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

K, I'll explain what I've assumed and what I've heard (btw Okiesmokie, correct me if I'm wrong on these). Also, these differences are less noticeable (or perhaps not noticeable at all) on the C1 karts. C1 karts hardly matter at all.

Marathon - worst kart; bad handling.
Solid - best durability (good at taking hits; you don't get flipped as easily, etc.); decent handling
Burst - fastest speed without N2O; bad handling.
Saber - best acceleration with N2O. bad handling, decent while drifting
Cotton - best handling

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #19
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesmokie
Quote:
Marathon is; I mean the Solid is for durability, which doesn't make much sense. Well the kart deteriorate slower over time @_@ if you have the Solid?
Solid has good stability, and very nice grip when cornering. It is my favorite for C1 and E2 karts for these reasons. Especially considering how many people are bumping at the start right now, solid really helps to withstand those bumps.
Then it would act like cotton? Cotton has best handling/stability?
Cotton actually has the worst stability, because it's such a light kart. The difference between cotton and solid is that cotton has better handling, meaning able to adjust the steering faster than other karts, and solid is more of a slower steerer, but it maintains grip as it corners. It's hard to explain, you have to drive both karts to know what I mean, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKAddict
K, I'll explain what I've assumed and what I've heard (btw Okiesmokie, correct me if I'm wrong on these). Also, these differences are less noticeable (or perhaps not noticeable at all) on the C1 karts. C1 karts hardly matter at all.

Marathon - worst kart; bad handling.
Solid - best durability (good at taking hits; you don't get flipped as easily, etc.); decent handling
Burst - fastest speed without N2O; bad handling.
Saber - best acceleration with N2O. bad handling, decent while drifting
Cotton - best handling
The thing about Marathon isn't that it completely sucks, it's that it is 'alright' in every field, but not the best at anything.

And although Saber seems like it has faster acceleration, it doesn't really. What gives it it's speed is the extremely low amount of drag it produces when drifting (which also causes it to gain N2Os faster, because you're moving faster while drifting)

A lot of people also don't know that Cotton has the highest max speed of the karts (not in C1, though), but it's drag when drifting is a lot slower compared to Saber.
Okiesmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
Stereo 
Green Glove Drifter

IGN: Chunk

How does the Cotton handle under boost? I'm using a Burst right now, and I can't boost round the big fast corner (narrow track) on Zig Zag because it won't steer sharply enough while boosting.

Or does it even make a difference? I only chose Burst cause it looks nice :P No point wasting Licca if it doesn't matter.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM   #21
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereo
How does the Cotton handle under boost? I'm using a Burst right now, and I can't boost round the big fast corner (narrow track) on Zig Zag because it won't steer sharply enough while boosting.

Or does it even make a difference? I only chose Burst cause it looks nice :P No point wasting Licca if it doesn't matter.
I don't think any karts really handle that well when boosting, generally it's wiser to drift to steer while boosting than to try to force your kart to steer normally.

Edit: If you just tap shift and the direction you want to go, your kart will turn that direction without losing much speed to the drift
Okiesmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #22
Lolegasm 
Red Glove Drifter

I'm using the Burst right now. Would it be advisable for me to buy one of these new karts, or is sticking with the Bust fine?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #23
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

C1's don't really matter. Stick with whatever feels the best for you, or whatever you think looks best.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #24
Krazypaully 
Yellow Glove Drifter

so basically cotton is the best for drifting?
Krazypaully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #25
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Cotton has best handling.

Doesn't mean it's the best at drifting.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:18 AM   #26
Agon 
No License

Does anyone use link drift? In the youtube thing it shows them only getting 1 boost, and i've tried it doing the exact same way they do it, I get barely any more bar of boost and it slows me down alot. I'm alot faster just using basic..
Agon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #27
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Link boost and double boost are used when you have a specific way to play a map. Maybe a link boost/double boost w/ one regular drift would get you an n2o, while 3 regular drifts would get you an n2o. 2 drifts are faster than one, even if one of the two is slightly slower than a regular one.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #28
Agon 
No License

I honestly don't think thats the case, people who double drift etc thrash me in freeway (get times like 2:23) while I've tried and tried and I've only been able to crack 2:30 by 0.5 seconds using normal drift...
Old 10-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #29
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

I just explained how people get faster times using double boost. o.o

Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #30
Agon 
No License

Yeah I just re-read your post at my post and I don't know why I said what I said lol. I think I ment to say that double drifting slows me down in comparason to just normal drifting.

I always see people drift out on that open strech on freeway, why do they do that? I always over take them there lol, but they usually win in the end >=[