KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #16
Congee 
Resident Ninja Mod

And what happens when the players don't properly report their wins and losses?

Doesn't matter how you find out, all I'm saying is that it bothers me that you made the account just for this purpose.
Congee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #17
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Edit-
Nevermind this post.

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #18
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congee
And what happens when the players don't properly report their wins and losses?
There is no reporting of wins. If players don't report the loss, you submit a screenshot of the end of the race using the "Unreported Match" feature on the website.

Quote:
Doesn't matter how you find out, all I'm saying is that it bothers me that you made the account just for this purpose.
So you'd rather I hadn't made an account at all? Good mentality to have if you want the community to grow.
Okiesmokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #19
Congee 
Resident Ninja Mod

Let's not put words in my mouth nor make assumptions. I'm not wrong am I? As of now, you're here just for this thread. That's all I've said, isn't it? I've implied nothing else. Just expressed my discomfort with it. Making an account to post in one thread and not contributing elsewhere to the community, imo, is not helping the community really grow. Granted, NOW you finally decided to post elsewhere, but you hadn't earlier.

Anyway, how about ss edits then?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #20
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Let's not put words in my mouth nor make assumptions.
Quit being a hypocite. Just because I made an account to be able to post information about the ladder doesn't mean I didn't intend to post elsewhere. Seems you're the one making assumptions.

Quote:
Granted, NOW you finally decided to post elsewhere, but you hadn't earlier.
God forbid I don't post elsewhere at 12:00 in the morning when I made my account.

Quote:
Anyway, how about ss edits then?
It's easy to tell the difference between edits and not. Prove me wrong, show me an example of a decent edit where: The player on the podium is shown in first place; the player's name is shown beside the first place box and the other player's name is shown beside the second place box; the times are correctly edited, and believable.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #21
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

I'll also explain.

The loser has to report the game. If one player attempts to cheat, nothing will be reported.

Then one of the players will show the screenshot of them winning. If both players show this screenshot, then it's pretty obvious that one is edited.

In that case, the match can be declared undecided. Okiesmokie or someone else in charge can watch another match between the two competitors.

Another way to be absolutely sure of the winner is the video file. Which hasn't come out yet, but hopefully will soon.

Doubt anyone has enough skills to edit that.

And if the same player for some reason keeps on coming up with undeclared matches, it will be obvious what's going on.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #22
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKAddict
I'll also explain.

The loser has to report the game. If one player attempts to cheat, nothing will be reported.

Then one of the players will show the screenshot of them winning. If both players show this screenshot, then it's pretty obvious that one is edited.

In that case, the match can be declared undecided. Okiesmokie or someone else in charge can watch another match between the two competitors.

Another way to be absolutely sure of the winner is the video file. Which hasn't come out yet, but hopefully will soon.

Doubt anyone has enough skills to edit that.
Thanks taco, you've added some more good points :) And yeah, the video recording thing will help tremendously in the area of false-reporting. If one was really worried their opponent wouldn't report, they could take a fraps video; but that would also put them at risk of losing because of the performance drop :(
Old 10-07-2007, 04:44 PM   #23
Congee 
Resident Ninja Mod

I didn't say I didn't make assumptions, but with my last post, I didn't say you were doing so since I did mention that you finally posted in other sections, explaining why I said what I did. And again, I only expressed my discomfort with it. You had the time to respond to other threads seeing how you took the time to respond to this, so you can't say that you didn't have time at x o' clock when you obviously did have enough time to respond.

I'm not trying to prove you nor your system to be faulty so there's no reason for me to show you an edit. I'm actually trying to ask you how things would work for a better understanding of it, and in the same manner, had you not though of possible situations, you would have been able to before it occurred.

If they do win one race, but needs to have a rematch and lose, couldn't there be other factors that might be contributing to their loss (lag, etc)? Some/many of these wins would be mere luck, wouldn't they? How would you account for those? Perhaps instead of one race, make them race at least 3 separate times?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #24
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say I didn't make assumptions, but with my last post, I didn't say you were doing so since I did mention that you finally posted in other sections, explaining why I said what I did. And again, I only expressed my discomfort with it. You had the time to respond to other threads seeing how you took the time to respond to this, so you can't say that you didn't have time at x o' clock when you obviously did have enough time to respond.

I'm not trying to prove you nor your system to be faulty so there's no reason for me to show you an edit. I'm actually trying to ask you how things would work for a better understanding of it, and in the same manner, had you not though of possible situations, you would have been able to before it occurred.
Then you can knock off the hostility towards me. You did not have a clue what my intentions were, so you shouldn't have made assumptions: end of story.

Quote:
If they do win one race, but needs to have a rematch and lose, couldn't there be other factors that might be contributing to their loss (lag, etc)? Some/many of these wins would be mere luck, wouldn't they? How would you account for those? Perhaps instead of one race, make them race at least 3 separate times?
If lag is the problem, it's going to be evident in all three races. If someone feels they were cheated out of a game, it will be between them and their opponent to have another match instead. As soon as you hit the "ready" button on the game; you're in it for the long run as far as the rules are concerned.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #25
Congee 
Resident Ninja Mod

Lag wouldn't necessarily be the issue in 3 separate races (3 different times/dates). And what of the luck wins and losses? Those wouldn't so much measure skill and the such. How would the system account for that?

And no, I was not being hostile towards you. I expressed my discomfort with the fact that all you did was post in here and nowhere else, yes, as that does not contribute to the community. I was not hostile towards you, and did not express anything close to an attack on you.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #26
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Lag wouldn't necessarily be the issue in 3 separate races (3 different times/dates). And what of the luck wins and losses? Those wouldn't so much measure skill and the such. How would the system account for that?
There is an asepct of luck in anything. Skill will overcome luck every time. If someone is lagging and is able to effect you, you simply don't have enough skill to be far enough ahead of them for it not to. Unless by luck you mean your computer spontaneously catches fire in the middle of the match, in whichcase; that's your problem.

Quote:
And no, I was not being hostile towards you. I expressed my discomfort with the fact that all you did was post in here and nowhere else, yes, as that does not contribute to the community. I was not hostile towards you, and did not express anything close to an attack on you.
Creating a method of community interaction via friendly competition brings nothing to the community? It seems you need to re-think your position.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #27
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

hurry up!!!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #28
Congee 
Resident Ninja Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesmokie
There is an asepct of luck in anything. Skill will overcome luck every time. If someone is lagging and is able to effect you, you simply don't have enough skill to be far enough ahead of them for it not to. Unless by luck you mean your computer spontaneously catches fire in the middle of the match, in whichcase; that's your problem.
Skill won't necessarily overcome luck every time if it only requires one match.

Quote:
Creating a method of community interaction via friendly competition brings nothing to the community? It seems you need to re-think your position.
The whole game can be considered friendly competition. Making an account to advertise your own site and nothing more than that does not contribute to the community, no. Before you go off and say something like "I'm posting in other places" or "excuse me for not having time to post before", I didn't say that it was explicitly referring to you, since you have indeed posted in other places now. But in general, that's right, making an account to advertise and nothing else doesn't contribute, no.
Edit: and is against the rules.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #29
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

gogogo!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #30
Okiesmokie 
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiesmokie
Skill won't necessarily overcome luck every time if it only requires one match.
Re-read what I said, then reply.

Quote:
Quote:
The whole game can be considered friendly competition. Making an account to advertise your own site and nothing more than that does not contribute to the community, no. Before you go off and say something like "I'm posting in other places" or "excuse me for not having time to post before", I didn't say that it was explicitly referring to you, since you have indeed posted in other places now. But in general, that's right, making an account to advertise and nothing else doesn't contribute, no.
"Gotta say, bothers me a bit that this person signed up just to advertise this ladder." <- How is that not referring to me?

Quote:
Edit: and is against the rules.
I'm pretty sure KartExtreme.net would approve of this ladder. It seems like you're the only person who has a problem with it. Just FYI: Flaming and Drama are both also against the rules, and it is what you are doing right now. Seems you've been busted for hypocracy twice now.