KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 02-09-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

IGN: 9367236

Default Got a Nintendo 3DS months ago and been playing Mario Kart on it a lot

Thoughts about Kartrider after having played Mario Kart very seriously for a while now:

I can't stop thinking about how Kartrider has the physics and the mechanics of the driving almost perfectly. The game mechanics are great, but it's just the stupid developers with their low quality ideas, downright shitty management, and lack of meaningful updates. I know I've said this many times, and I know pretty much everybody here has this same opinion, but playing Mario Kart brought out the downfalls and the potential of Kartrider even more.

Anyways, I love playing Mario Kart though. 10 years of Kartrider has definitely helped in Mario Kart. I'm clear cut better at driving than a lot of people.

The physics of Mario Kart, especially the drifting, is nowhere as good as Kartrider. But I'll be damned, there are so many things Nintendo nailed in Mario Kart.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #2
Nova 
USAlNova

Yup! The only reason Mario Kart has gone full on competitive & huge like the other e-Sports games is because it's not really an MMO + doesn't have the correct physics needed for such a game. I believe KartRider does, so anybody that gets that method down will hit a jackpot! I'd do it if I had the knowledge (from a dev's point of view) + resources just to prove my point!
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

Driving games is a very small niche. If you look at Mario Kart, they have a very vocal fanbase, but while that vocal fanbase you might notice in a lot of places, is small. I play Forza games (Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport) and there is also a bigger than Mario Kart fanbase and community for that but even that series in terms of the gaming community, that % is small.

KartRider falls into the casual arcade racer genre. The casual audience will most likely play Item mode instead of Speed mode because it is more of a fun party race filled with random action. The only way Nexon brings this back solely relies on Item mode because those players are more likely to spend money on microtransactions which is what they are aiming to make a profit on.

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

I myself mostly played and modded MK8 on the U and didn't come back to PC to play KartRider because, well, it went shit.

But compared to MKWii, KartRider is totally superior, not only because of the much bigger content, also because MKWii is unbalanced and horrible apeshit.

Don't know much about the 3DS version.
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
Nova 
USAlNova

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFlameking View Post
Driving games is a very small niche. If you look at Mario Kart, they have a very vocal fanbase, but while that vocal fanbase you might notice in a lot of places, is small. I play Forza games (Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport) and there is also a bigger than Mario Kart fanbase and community for that but even that series in terms of the gaming community, that % is small.

KartRider falls into the casual arcade racer genre. The casual audience will most likely play Item mode instead of Speed mode because it is more of a fun party race filled with random action. The only way Nexon brings this back solely relies on Item mode because those players are more likely to spend money on microtransactions which is what they are aiming to make a profit on.
Yeah, I agree! That's why the implementation of item into the KR league was a pretty good idea. I think if item was taken more seriously, kart could be bigger in the next iteration of NAKR - if it happens!
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:38 AM   #6
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

I guess racing games does have a small dedicated fanbase, but Mario Kart is one of the most popular party games played nowadays. People don't play it every day as they would in League or something, but everybody likes playing the game though.

I haven't played MK8 on the Wii U, but I've definitely heard mixed feelings about the game, though the graphics seem great. Apparently a lot of features (anti-gravity etc) are gimmicky. But MK7 on 3DS is widely regarded as the best MK game along with Double Dash.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:17 AM   #7
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

MK8 fixes a lot of the issues MKWii and previous releases had. Especially the overly imbalanced Kart and item shit. Of course some people complain, but those are mostly the people who quickly found their overpowered "Funky Kong on a bike" combination on the Wii version, doing wheelies all the time and dragging 6 stacked bananas behind them.
Anti-Gravity is one of the best features I've seen in a racing game since a long time. If just AirRider would've been that way.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:05 AM   #8
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

Wow I remember AirRider. I loved it.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #9
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

the physics were a bit weird, but it was nice
Old 02-28-2017, 11:48 AM   #10
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

Yeah I especially liked how they had like a doubles mode where you could be either the driver or shooter.