KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 02-07-2017, 06:24 AM   #1
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Default Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a loser!

I just created this timeline for Wikipedia and realized a few things:

• NAKR was the most short-lived client of all, hanging around in Beta all the time and offline inbetween for several months on top of that.
  • There have been no new PC releases anymore in the last 5 years, despite a new one every year from 2006-2013.

I always thought it's kinda justified that Nexon America closed it because the player count was low. But I remember quite some activity in NAKR, more than in Indonesian KartRider or Thai for example, and those survived for multiple full years. With this huge Closed / Open Beta gap in between, I conclude Nexon America was indeed totally incapable of handling the game. I don't know what's so hard about managing to get some translations (beyond the fact I've recently shown a lot of additional content was already translated but never released). Enabling a track on the server literally requires to set a "false" to a "true" text, same goes to themes and features, done in less than a minute. But it's like they spent no effort on making it work and run and plan the timeline of features. They just kicked out another lazy "Great Plates" update and then hoped for weeks that would raise the player count, instead of introducing a full (non-beta) client and an NX Cash shop what everyone waited for.

What a fucking unorganized shit company

Other funny side things you can see from the timeline:
  • IP blocking other countries like Indonesia did seems to keep a client alive for more than a year.
  • Someone forgot to remove the retarded iOS app and accidentally let it live for several years.

Last edited by Ray Koopa; 02-07-2017 at 10:45 AM..
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Nova 
USAlNova

I remember hearing that KartRider was taken down to be some huge thing for another time - which explains why Nexon peeps brought it up in interviews & stuff as if it were released - but idk. Tbh, it could've just been the Rush version they were over-hyping, but I could've sworn that they were waiting to release it when "the market was ready"; meaning it would be NOW (years ago).

But yeah, back then I guess they were hoping for a super smash, but only got mediocre results. Their handling contributed to it, but I guess I'll digress before I get bitter again. Just need this game, or another like it, to be released and prove that if a game like this is released - in good quality - than it will blow up tremendously!
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:22 AM   #3
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

There is a market for the game in NA and the rest of the world, but it is Nexon with their skewed board committee judgement thinking otherwise. Casual gaming has sky rocketed in the last several years and this game fits just in that market, even if there is a competitive scene among it. This is similar to Smash Bros. Smash Bros Melee was released several years ago and there is still a community who is loyal to it.

PS: Nice chart

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Thanks for the PS; and yeah, I agree...
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote