KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 02-19-2016, 08:53 AM   #211
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Be patient, at least I know it's still actively worked on ;)
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:21 AM   #212
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Hey everyone.

Jeez, I feel so bad when I visit these forums after months of not posting anything. Well, to be honest, had some rough shit going through in life so I couldn't really work on anything (... and lost motivation).

I freed up some time and got to work on my new emulator again which is called 'IntKart'. So yeah... gonna get back to working on it and hopefully I can release a small closed beta this month or the one after it.

Thanks for the support so far.
Fraysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:03 AM   #213
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

IGN: 9367236

Don't feel bad! You are not obligated to us at all to work on this awesome project! You're just being a very kind person for spending your valuable time for such a great project.

I hope that whatever the rough shit was, things are working out... Take it easy my friend.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:25 AM   #214
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

Lol, so csproj does a complete different thing from yours.
Old 03-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #215
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMani View Post
Lol, so csproj does a complete different thing from yours.
Well, he started this project and the three of us started working together. Then, csproj moved to KKR and we stayed on NAKR. Now I'm... by my self.
Fraysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #216
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

It would probably be better to work together, he can need some help (and I'm out of free time).

Last edited by Ray Koopa; 03-26-2016 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #217
TehCupcakes 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMani View Post
It would probably be better to work together, he can need some help (and I'm out of free time).
KKR is a bit of a dead-end. csproj got shutdown because Nexon Korea wasn't too happy to see a private server running about, if I'm not mistaken. And that small beta server only garnered a marginal amount of attention, so you can bet that further development and excitement would definitely be shutdown by Nexon Korea.

In North America, on the other hand, nobody is publishing Kart Rider. This means Nexon America doesn't have as much reason to go after somebody developing a Kart Rider server, and it limits the power of their Korean HQ because we wouldn't be using their client. The North American client is also much further behind the Korean one, so it is not as much of a threat to the official Korean server's population (and income).

There are other benefits to working with the NA client as well. For one, by being further behind, there simply aren't as many features that need to be coded, so it's easier to make it feel "complete". Secondly, any server development is likely to get translated into English anyway in order to gain the most attention; this step can obviously be skipped altogether if the client is already in English. (And modifying client files is more dangerous legally-speaking, so if you can avoid that altogether that's another plus.)

@Fraysa: My offer is still open, and I'm not working on anything right now so I've been looking for something to get behind. Let me know if you need some help.
TehCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:55 AM   #218
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

If you think Nexon doesn't care about a client based on a game they shut down, I can tell you some stories from 2008.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #219
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

IGN: 9367236

Proceed...
Old 04-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #220
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

They will send you letters
End of story