KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > DMV Circuit Guides

Old 12-24-2015, 03:43 AM   #1
Rekisen 
No License

Default Upgrading guide?

Hey guys, I recently installed KartRider (korean version) after realizing I can use my account from MapleStory 2 to play.

I got the most important stuff like making a room and joining a game, changing karts and putting on accessories.

Is there a guide anywhere these days that has good translations for everything? One thing that really has me puzzled is upgrading. When I click the red toolbox icon on the bottom tray, it only allows me to upgrade one kart (I fused the other one already.) I tried using the google translate app to scan my screen and translate things but haven't found anything helpful in this case yet. What are the conditions for me to be able to upgrade karts?
Rekisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #2
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

IGN: Okiesmokie
Guild: 『 Eminent 』

You have to click the "Level Up" (레벨 업) button and "sacrifice" karts for a chance to level up your kart. The more coins you use, the higher the chance, and I'm assuming the higher the kart engine the better the chance as well. I'm not sure on that though. I had to sacrifice ~10 karts to get a single level up which let me put 2 points into another stat, I don't find it worth it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjenger View Post
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?
오키스모키 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
Rekisen 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by 오키스모키 View Post
You have to click the "Level Up" (레벨 업) button and "sacrifice" karts for a chance to level up your kart. The more coins you use, the higher the chance, and I'm assuming the higher the kart engine the better the chance as well. I'm not sure on that though. I had to sacrifice ~10 karts to get a single level up which let me put 2 points into another stat, I don't find it worth it at all.
But what karts can do this? Not all of them, as I have several karts but it only let me fuse 2 of them
Old 12-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekisen View Post
But what karts can do this? Not all of them, as I have several karts but it only let me fuse 2 of them
You can only fuse or sacrifice permanent karts.

Edit: I upgraded my Kart to level 3 and it's definitely worth it, if you have a lot of junk karts you can sacrifice. At level 1 you only get 2 stats, but at level 2 you get 3 more, and at level 3 you get 5 more. So you can max a stat at level 3

Quote:
is the geforce video card downloadable or buyable? or both? i don't get it, i downloaded 16MG ATI Rage 128 Ultra last time, does this mean i can't get the Geforce2 MX Gefpre 6200 or higher?

Last edited by 오키스모키; 12-28-2015 at 10:51 PM..
Old 01-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

It's definitely worth it to do it, it just takes either a lot of extra karts or a lot of coins to do it. Here are the modified stats of my level 4 kart with all the parts:

Quite a big difference. (Plus you get a cool glow effect at level 3 :P)

Quote:
Old 01-03-2016, 10:41 PM   #6
Rekisen 
No License

Okay thanks, that makes sense!

Is there anyway to get permanent karts without real $$?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #7
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter

Yeah. You need to buy the items that are named "100 Top Karts".. "150 Top Karts" and etc. You will randomly land a permanent kart if you're lucky. I had to go through at least 50 of these to get 2 decent karts. Okiesmokie should know more.
Mandu` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:22 AM   #8
Rekisen 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandu` View Post
Yeah. You need to buy the items that are named "100 Top Karts".. "150 Top Karts" and etc. You will randomly land a permanent kart if you're lucky. I had to go through at least 50 of these to get 2 decent karts. Okiesmokie should know more.
Don't those require NX cash though? It has the "C" symbol which I don't have any of. Since the "ALL" item i can purchase and it says all, I'm guessing it is possible to get permanent karts from there too but rare?
Old 01-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #9
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter

No. Few of them requires coin and as of yesterday they were doing some event where you get 20 coins per event. The event was re-doable everyday and so I racked up about 300 coins. I think there is one gear that you can buy with lucci but is Top 200 Karts that you could potentially get.
Mandu` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
Rekisen 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandu` View Post
No. Few of them requires coin and as of yesterday they were doing some event where you get 20 coins per event. The event was re-doable everyday and so I racked up about 300 coins. I think there is one gear that you can buy with lucci but is Top 200 Karts that you could potentially get.
Ok thanks. So I ended up getting a permanent kart yesterday, I think from the event. I tried to combine it with my other +1 kart, but the upgrade failed and it gave me a capsule that gave me three more karts. One of them was permanent so I tried to combine again, and it failed again. Same thing, got another permanent kart and it also failed. Is there anything specific that the karts need to be? Like only +1 and +1 can combine or something?

Edit: nvm forgot someone above said it takes multiple tries.

Also the only gear that I can buy with Lucci is the "all" one. Top 200 requires the "c" money,

Last edited by Rekisen; 01-05-2016 at 06:18 PM..
Old 01-06-2016, 12:03 AM   #11
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

Quote:
Ok thanks. So I ended up getting a permanent kart yesterday, I think from the event. I tried to combine it with my other +1 kart, but the upgrade failed and it gave me a capsule that gave me three more karts. One of them was permanent so I tried to combine again, and it failed again. Same thing, got another permanent kart and it also failed. Is there anything specific that the karts need to be? Like only +1 and +1 can combine or something?

Edit: nvm forgot someone above said it takes multiple tries.

Also the only gear that I can buy with Lucci is the "all" one. Top 200 requires the "c" money,
You can buy the other gears with "Coins" which you can get from event or doing 도전 Time Attack.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2016, 08:57 PM   #12
Rekisen 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by 오키스모키 View Post
You can buy the other gears with "Coins" which you can get from event or doing 도전 Time Attack.
Ok thanks, this is good information I wanted to know. So far every time attack I've played only gave me RP and lucci. To get the coins do I need to place a high ranking?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #13
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

Quote:
Ok thanks, this is good information I wanted to know. So far every time attack I've played only gave me RP and lucci. To get the coins do I need to place a high ranking?
No, it's a different kind of time attack:

Quote:
Old 02-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #14
tjdans7236 
Drift Artisan

IGN: 9367236

I have a +5 Lodi November and the stat difference is quite big. When you get to +5, they give you 10 stat points to use. And you get even more color tinting options!
tjdans7236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #15
오키스모키 
Burning Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdans7236 View Post
I have a +5 Lodi November and the stat difference is quite big. When you get to +5, they give you 10 stat points to use. And you get even more color tinting options!
I got my Strike 9 to +5, I'm kind of sad that the black tint is pretty hard to see though :(

Quote: