KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > DMV Circuit Guides

Old 02-29-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
=P

Send a message via MSN to Loading
Cool Flag mode guide by yxin1

So.This guide is about flag mode.Flag mode is currently only available in PK and KKR.Each flag game lasts for 3 minutes.

Because there are no rookie,L3,L2 etc rooms, anyone can play flag mode.Most people are extremely experienced and will usually kick you out from team mode(i've seen many many starred glove people and even starred.)Most team rooms are full so you must repeatedly click the quick join team button to try to enter a room.

How to play:drive through the green area of the flag to pick it up.Then, RUN! or score some goals.When someone with the flag is hit, the flag will be placed somewhere near them.To make someone drop the flag, attack them with a missile(preferred) or collide with them.If you are lucky you may hit them with a rolling water bomb.

Like item mode, The flag maps all have item boxes, however only contain items specified below.There is only 3 maps in PK flag mode.One based on zoomtown, one based on Creepy hollow and one based on Frenzy forest.

Objective:

In single flag mode, the objective is to pick up the flag and hold it for as long as possible.

In team flag mode, the objective is to pick up the flag and drive to the goal corresponding to your colour.Once you have reached the goal, your team will receive one point and the flag will appear somewhere in the middle of the map.

Items
Super shield-A red and white coloured shield that has the benefits of a Nitrous boost and a shield.however, the nitrous boost is practically useless because this is not a race.If you have a panda pro,piggy pro etc that upgrades N2Os, this won't be affected.

Invisibility-Having a ghost as a symbol, this item will hide you from everyone including your teammates.No one can see you or attack you.It lasts for about 10 seconds.When activated, you will become a ghost like in time attack mode and will have small ghosts encircling you.

Land Mine.One of the most common items in flag mode.This item acts like a banana peel.It will detonate once being driven over and the driver will blast into mid air like being shot by a missile.Also, if you are completely still while dropping it or while you are hit, you will be bombed.This item is also in Item mode and will replace banana peels if someone is driving a crazy jalopy R4,Dr.R's kart.Best to place this on narrow spots

5 missile set-In flag mode, you are allowed to have up to ten missiles in one slot and this one item will give you 5.If you obtain this item, there will be a picture of a missile in your item slot with the number 5 next to it.Not as common as other items.

Rolling water bomb-A water bomb that when used, rolls for 3 seconds and explodes.Anyone in contact with it will be trapped for 2 seconds and will lose their flag if held.If thrown at a wall, will roll back!Available in item mode in some theme i forgot.

Item mode items

Shield-Blocks one attack

Missile-Shoots a missile at the target

Devil-Reverses left and right arrow keys

Magnet-Pulls racer towards the target

Halo-Makes team or self invincible for 4 seconds

Drifting

Many people drift so they can turn easier to aim at the flag holder or try to practise.However no N2O is received.

PERFECT!

In order to receive perfect, the opponent team must not score any points and your team must score at least one point.The more points you score, the more rp your team will gain and the more rp the opponent team loses.
WARNING:ONCE MY TEAM LOST AND WE -69RP!!!!!

Tips and tricks:

If you lag, there is a high chance you won't be able to pick up the flag.

Try to always drift to turn to the other direction.

When you have the flag, never stay in one spot.Keep moving so the others can't aim at you easily.

Remember-You will lose the flag if you collide with someone.

Hope you liked this guide.leave a comment if you liked it.

Loading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
Elmo 
Drift with me [;

IGN: Kart준현
Guild: ProX

Meh, ive lost 100 RP before

Thanks for the guide, didn't really know what ghost did.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #3
akprince 
Red Glove Drifter

IGN: AKPrince/NPXlNumb
Guild: NPX

i have never picked up the flag. NEVER :(
akprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Ebits21 
Burning Rubber

IGN: Ebits21

.. The first time I got it I was so excited I ran into the roots of the tree and was missled XD

PK and KKR Directory, Join Nao kk o.o.o.o

Ebits21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
Spyyder0 
Track Veteran

IGN: NA: Spyyder0 PK: Careface

Send a message via AIM to Spyyder0 Send a message via MSN to Spyyder0

Ive never played team flag, but I play single flag every now and then, but I suck bigtime. :(
Old 02-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
G4m3ShArK 
Track Veteran

IGN: CRBlShArK
Guild: Carbon/CRB

Lol when I played flag for the firsty time I guess I was with noobs cuz I kept the flag for the whole time so I dont do it anymore.
G4m3ShArK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
lNosx 
Black Glove Drifter

IGN: DJCrysix

Send a message via MSN to lNosx Send a message via Skype™ to lNosx

Stop Making Crappy Guides the newb can't even use o-o...
RKR IGN: DJCrysix GREEN 5
NAKR IGN: Nosx RED 5
lNosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #8
InterNational 
Track Veteran

Strategies for Team Mode

There are two main components of a good team: the offense and the defense. Both are extremely important to the success of the team. However, offense and defense in this game are different from any other game. Both types of gameplay involve attacking the other team, just for a different output. Since there is only one flag, being proficient at both is quite necessary.

Flag Mode is quite a complex thing, because it combines two art forms: dexterity and logic. You have to be comfortable with moving around in your kart in free will. You need to be able to maneuver even without a course to follow. That's dexterity. Logic is knowing when to use items, how to use items, when to drift, how to avoid attacks, how to get back to base, etc. Both of these are extremely hard to instruct and/or teach. It can only be accomplished through honest effort.

Offense

Offense is what most people consider extremely important. It's necessary in every form of sport to win and is almost always seen as the largest necessity for success. In Flag mode, offense is very much a big part of the game. Scoring is quite a lot harder than it may seem. Getting the flag is just the half-of it. You need to maintain control of it to a certain point. For the most part, Flag Mode games are generally chaotic. People are running around in circles not sure of what to do. However, that's not the ideal case. The ideal case involves a few ideals:

1. Communication: This is, by far, the hardest one to master, especially since you cannot talk while in game. Communication can only come out through extensive practice as a team. Now, of course, this is not organized competition, so how are you supposed to do this? Simply put: You have to be vicarious-look through the scene from your teammates' point of view and from there decide your course of action. Remember, you have to be quick about things.

2. Plan:No one goes into anything without a plan; without a desired outcome. Of course you know the latter, but how are you going to do that? You need to know the answer to this. Plans are very different and depend on the team. If you don't know the members of your team well or at all, then I would suggest to attempt to play defense first, and then migrate to offense. Observe your teammates in action before proceeding to act. It may turn out your teammates suck harder than a piece of shit smells. Or, it may turn out that your teammates are incredible at the game and know what the hell they are doing. When/If a team is close to scoring, go to where flags spawn and wait it out.

3. Help out your teammates: This is a team effort. So, you have to act as a team. If your team is retarded as fuck, then you may need to help out more than if they are made up of all ADO members. If your defense is struggling, stay on offense, but help your defense by attacking the other time while remaining on offense mode.

Generally on offense, you don't attack in the general sense. You get the flag and you move it back to your colored goal. It's easier said than done, I know. But, that's your objective. You have people backing you up, however.

Defense

By far, the most overlooked part of every sport is the defense. The quarterback is always paid more than any of the Offensive Tackles/Defensive Tackles/Safeties in the league. Yes, even if the quarterback is Alex Smith of the '49ers.

Now, defense is, in my opinion, the hardest part. Not only do you get blamed for if you lose, but you don't get any thumbs up for a win. Team Flag Mode defense is crucial to success. As a defenseman, you need to make sure no one of the opposite team is able to score. Generally, you position yourself right in front of the other team's goal. Now, they HAVE to get past you in order to score. In addition to the rules for Offensive players, you need to:

1. Know how to attack: I don't mean: Press CTRL. No. I mean how to attack and when. In other words.... Who should I attack with this rocket? How is he going to try to get by me? How do I position myself the best to block him? These questions must be going through your head when you see someone coming towards you.

2. Know how to respond to attacks: Most likely, the other team won't sit there. They'll be bombarding you with attacks making it hard for you to concentrate. You need to know how to avoid these attacks while attacking the member of the other team who has the flag.

3. Know how to play as an offender: If you use a rocket and make the other team drop the flag, you need to know what you should do next. If you're close enough to the flag, go for it. But, the risk here is in: What happens if he or a teammate gets it back? Then they may actually end up scoring. If you manage to get the flag, also, you need to know how to get to your goal and score for your team. Don't simply sit there and wait for backup.

Defensive skills require a lot more intense training and dedication to master. I'm nowhere close to acquiring mastery in these things.

The Middleman

Ah! So, you want to do both jobs, eh? That's fine. But, remember that you are not your own team. Being a middleman is intense. First off, you will NEVER get the flag from where it spawns. You are not offense, but in between. Your role in this complicated game is to simply look over the entire game. In a sense, you are the captain. The captain isn't necessarily the best, but the best at what he does: using responsibility. You attack much like the defensemen do: use items in the crates, but not just that. You cannot rely on just that. If your defensemen is able to get the flag out of the hands of the other team, it's your job to get it and bring it home. You don't want the defenseman to have to run toward the flag, lose his position and risk a goal. Your job is demanding, but not as necessary as the two prior jobs. Your role is very progressive, however. You can be the difference between the success of your team and the failure of them.

Single Play Mode
So, you hate teams. That's fine. Sadly, though, you will use the strategies of both the defense and the offense. I don't play much single-play mode. But, I do suggest this for you adventurous beings: DO NOT GET THE FLAG FIRST. If you do, you're condemning yourself to a lifetime of attempting to achieve the flag. I always go after the nearest box to try to find a weapon of some sort to use. Going from defensive mode >>> offensive mode seems to work wonders. No one attacks the defender in Single Play. Once you get the flag, try to maintain it. Juke players by using maneuvers you would not use in regular speed or item games. Such endeavors could include: Mirror Drift, moving in unpredictable directions etc.

Note: This is very basic and is therefore not a thorough enough paper to base any judgments off of. This post is in the general sense rather than specific. Hope I helped a little bit. And, yes, I wrote all of that just now.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
lNosx 
Black Glove Drifter

IGN: DJCrysix

Send a message via MSN to lNosx Send a message via Skype™ to lNosx

Dat's one sweet guide International!
RKR IGN: DJCrysix GREEN 5
NAKR IGN: Nosx RED 5
lNosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:10 AM   #10
=P

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lNosx View Post
Stop Making Crappy Guides the newb can't even use o-o...

wow.. and you can make guides better than me?
Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 AM   #11
Spyyder0 
Track Veteran

IGN: NA: Spyyder0 PK: Careface

Send a message via AIM to Spyyder0 Send a message via MSN to Spyyder0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxin1 View Post
wow.. and you can make guides better than me?
You should lay out your guides a little better so they dont seem like a huge wall of text ready to crush you. And yours is more of a general overview of what Flag Mode is rather than a "guide" on how to play it. InterNational's fits under the guide category better than yours does. So next you make some guides try to add info on how to play and tips on how to get good/better at it.

But it was the first guide I ever saw for Flag Mode. So props for that.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:22 AM   #12
=P

but as if anyone would take more time to read my guide than already as how long it is already.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #13
xuqiulei 
Green Glove Drifter

i rarely play the flag mode ,
have main time in speed game
4) Kartrider Version: popkart
5) glove: green star
xuqiulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
InterNational 
Track Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuqiulei View Post
i rarely play the flag mode ,
have main time in speed game
Aha... me too. It's just that flag mode is so much more fun at times.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #15
=P

The people that i hate are:

Inosx
Gizmoswisher