KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 09-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Nova 
USAlNova

Default Is this why USA Kart was taken down ?

It's weird that we STILL haven't got an answer from Nexon as to why it got taken down, but I came across this article from 2010 .

https://www.quora.com/Why-hasnt-Nexo...estern-markets

Mary Min's answer intrigued me . IDK what to say about it though .
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

The publisher was the problem. Not American infrastructure. It was even playable from Europe.
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #3
UnForastero 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMani View Post
The publisher was the problem. Not American infrastructure. It was even playable from Europe.
What do you mean the publisher?
UnForastero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:55 AM   #4
Nova 
USAlNova

He's questioning Nexon's competence I believe .
Old 10-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter

They just didn't garner enough attention during the beta test. No money to take from, then no service to give to.
Mandu` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
Nova 
USAlNova

Well, that theory is flawed because Nexon simply didn't give the beta any updates or anything. It's like, a musician who releases an album that gets popular but then three years later (after making no new music), the artist complains that they're not hot anymore . Well...duh, you haven't released anything new.

I really doubt Nexon would straight-up lie about bringing the game back if it were really because of the beta's supposed "low numbers". Plus, even if the numbers were low after a while - because anybody who played back then knows the numbers weren't low in the beginning phases of the beta - it was entirely Nexon's fault for not updating or going through with their process of the game. It would be like Riot opening LoL but never releasing new champions or patching the game at all. This is the same company that lets their flagship game, Maplestory, drown to hackers for months before even addressing the issue.

That's pretty much why the argument over "didn't garner enough attention" doesn't really have anything to stand on.

Last edited by Nova; 10-09-2015 at 12:33 PM..
Old 10-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #7
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter

You're absolutely correct on most of your points except "Nexon would straight-up lie about bringing the game back if it were really because of the beta's supposed "low numbers."

They WOULD lie straight to your face. That's the perk of being in a huge company.

Also let me preface by saying this is all pure speculation but this has been the trend with a lot of Korean companies. KKR had been in a rapid decline in Korea by the time the game was in beta test here in NAKR. The peak for KKR was between 2004 to 2007/08. Game companies know that after once they reached their peak their next attempt is to hoard money from the players. Look at NtreevSoft Pangya, Maplestory, Talesweaver and that one tennis game.

A lot of people on other forums were saying it's the infrastructure of America and that it doesn't support T3 speed internet. Look at China, Russia and other countries that are as big as America. It isn't the infrastructure, they just didn't see it as a profitable market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Well, that theory is flawed because Nexon simply didn't give the beta any updates or anything. It's like, a musician who releases an album that gets popular but then three years later (after making no new music), the artist complains that they're not hot anymore . Well...duh, you haven't released anything new.

I really doubt Nexon would straight-up lie about bringing the game back if it were really because of the beta's supposed "low numbers". Plus, even if the numbers were low after a while - because anybody who played back then knows the numbers weren't low in the beginning phases of the beta - it was entirely Nexon's fault for not updating or going through with their process of the game. It would be like Riot opening LoL but never releasing new champions or patching the game at all. This is the same company that lets their flagship game, Maplestory, drown to hackers for months before even addressing the issue.

That's pretty much why the argument over "didn't garner enough attention" doesn't really have anything to stand on.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #8
Nova 
USAlNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandu` View Post
You're absolutely correct on most of your points except "Nexon would straight-up lie about bringing the game back if it were really because of the beta's supposed "low numbers."

They WOULD lie straight to your face. That's the perk of being in a huge company.

Also let me preface by saying this is all pure speculation but this has been the trend with a lot of Korean companies. KKR had been in a rapid decline in Korea by the time the game was in beta test here in NAKR. The peak for KKR was between 2004 to 2007/08. Game companies know that after once they reached their peak their next attempt is to hoard money from the players. Look at NtreevSoft Pangya, Maplestory, Talesweaver and that one tennis game.

A lot of people on other forums were saying it's the infrastructure of America and that it doesn't support T3 speed internet. Look at China, Russia and other countries that are as big as America. It isn't the infrastructure, they just didn't see it as a profitable market.
You know what...I actually agree! They WOULD straight up-lie to our faces, LOL! I definitely agree that I was wrong when I said that. I forgot this is Nexon we're talking about. There's plenty of other companies that would do that, but obviously thinking they wouldn't is a farce.

You're also correct with those 2004-2007 numbers. KartRider was actually one of the top games in all of Korea during that time period (http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nov...8th_2005_.html) & I've always wondered why it began to fall. A lot of friends over the years have speculated that it may have been due to the complexity of the game rising - with newer karts that deemed the others useless - and the cubing,tuning etc. systems that attempted to bring a sense of strategy to the game.

I believe the best thing that could happen is that another company picks up on KartRider's strengths and creates a brand new game. There's obviously still potential in a racing game like KartRider when they have consistently had tournaments through its' peaks and lows (20 main tourneys+many more lower tier ones so far). Plus, with how they've incorporated item mode into the tournament structure, it has only done good things for the scene. I actually believe if they had taken item tournaments more seriously before then it would be a tad more popular than it is now.

But anyways, the bottom line is that there is a void right now in e-sports. There has never been a popular racing e-sport that has been embraced globally. KartRider - with old leagues in China & Taiwan - has come the closest. And even though it never took off like it was supposed to, there is a legitimate structure behind KartRider as an e-sport. Korea, China, & Taiwan have legitimate superstars - KR's MHJ,YYH,& JDW; Taiwan's Noah&Owen; China's SSS,Lintao,etc. - that no other racing games have ever had. The final Ace match of the tourney that concluded three days ago should prove that there is a lingering presence waiting to be burst worldwide within a racing e-sport. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm5CtdZz7tY (YYH vs. MHJ Finals; with 10k views in 3 days for a "dead" game!)

Mark my words. A racing game like KartRider will someday ride the waves KartRider did but not make the mistakes Nexon made. That game will be a huge e-sport with both speed & item tournaments for both hardcore & casual gamers that want to compete.

Last edited by Nova; 10-13-2015 at 08:19 AM..
Old 10-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #9
UnForastero 
No License

Btw they fucked up with Kartrider Dash, players wanted a real KartRider game instead of a facebook game. And even if they add Kartrider to the game list, they will block ip anybody who isnt in the US(and maybe canada).

Maybe they released Kr Dash to make an excuse that people doesnt want the game at all.
UnForastero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #10
Nova 
USAlNova

True . On nearly every post thrown up on Dash, I'd see comments requesting the real version back . But even then, Dash had a good amount of followers in the beginning . Obviously, Nexon does what it usually does...releases a great game but really has a hard time caring for it or the concerns of the players . It's like having a child and then leaving them at birth . Kinda sick if you see the games (MapleStory, Audition, KartRider,etc.) that were unique and popular in the beginning but then failed due to a lack of care from the company .
Old 10-11-2015, 12:12 AM   #11
Syne_Beany 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: TheBeany
Guild: MiniRoyalty

IMO, I think they released Dash to see how the foreign world would deal with it. And if it was successful, maybe they would have made the game available for foreigners.
Syne_Beany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #12
Mandu` 
Red Glove Drifter

I wish it was the complexity of the newer karts. The way I see it, they kept introducing items that broke the game - especially in the item mode. The speed mode is fine as it is, what more can you do with it? The item mode was good in the beginning when it was simple but they kept making idiotic moves by not allowing you to buy karts for unlimited time and then making more cash karts than lucci karts. Companies need to make money but once you start to alienate customers like that, your game is going to crash and burn. The only one reason why they didn't is because of the e-sport.

But yeah you're right the bottom line is there is potential to the game. Even with the mobile games being a huge success there still is a niche for the micro-transaction games that you download and play on the PC.

Hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:27 AM   #13
Nova 
USAlNova

Yup. I hope so too .
Old 03-20-2016, 01:10 PM   #14
uniqueen1508 
Blue Glove Drifter

IGN: moonqueen/ kellysa111
Guild: FoS and SoL

I think I could fund NAKR by myself by buying all of the stuff.