KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 06-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Default [Showcase] KartRider Private Server

Hello everyone.

My name is Fraysa. I've been developing in the .NET Framework for a few years, and been around the MapleStory development scene about since then. I, myself, was a true fan of KartRider. I played the beta back then in 2007-8 with my friends, it was the best time of my life. It was always my dream to create an emulator for it in my favorite language, C#.

A few weeks ago I wanted to get back to it (once again) and attempt to create an emulator for it. A good friend of mine, csproj, also started working on the same project so we joined together. Diamondo25, a good friend of ours, also came to help. After a few days of work, we cracked the client's encryption and learned about how packets work in KartRider.

Today, I'm more than proud to show you our progress.

Spoiler

NOTE: Please remember that this is a work in progress, so a lot of things are unimplemented. When we are satisfied with the content, we will let a select group of people join for a beta test server. Once that is over, we'll open it publicly (but still, for a set group of people). That's because we want to slowly increase our players' capacity to avoid lawsuits from Nexon or what not.

I will continue to update through this thread.

For any suggestions, rants, whatever... here.

Thanks for reading!
Fraysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
Nova 
USAlNova

Wow...awesome !!! I wonder why they'd even attempt to throw a lawsuit at you since they scrapped the US version (including Dash) & only make money from the other versions that we are not TECHNICALLY supposed to be on. Anyways, congratulations & thank you sooo much !!!~~
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Wow...awesome !!! I wonder why they'd even attempt to throw a lawsuit at you since they scrapped the US version (including Dash) & only make money from the other versions that we are not TECHNICALLY supposed to be on. Anyways, congratulations & thank you sooo much !!!~~
Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't want to even begin messing with Nexon so we will keep a low profile and will progress slowly by adding a set amount of players at a time.

Update:

Thanks to csproj, a manipulated version of Diamondo25's MapleStory sniffer (MapleShark) have been created to sniff packets from the Korean KartRider version so we can get some things that we aren't sure of.

Last edited by Fraysa; 06-30-2014 at 04:49 AM..
Old 11-06-2015, 04:04 AM   #4
yooseungoh 
No License

Smile kartrider

hellow my name is yooseungoh
please...please...please
give me a kartrider server files
client and server pack
please please... give me a serverfiles
mail:y4011568@naver.com
nateon:r4011568@nate.com
yooseungoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #5
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

I'll try to explain it better.

Long story short - csproj was a part of our team but he developed his own server while we developed the emulator. His server operated in Korea but a long time but since he got very famous online Neckson contacted him to shut it down or they'll sue him (DMCA).

Unfortunately I'm busy with army and Diamondo25 is busy with work. I hope I'll free up some time to work on this emulator again so we can complete it. Nevertheless, I plan to run a server using the NAKR client until we fully translate the old KKR client.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Now that's some big progress and change since the last time I looked into it. When I visited your project the first time, I was absolutely disappointed because I didn't see anything interesting. Now there's much more interesting stuff to see than what I've seen yet.

I'd recommend not to make big noise around this, since I learned that Nexon watches private servers - at least they did in 2009.

Btw, I hope you renamed your project meanwhile, because we really don't want it to be named like the forum, which puts us in a connection which doesn't exist - excuse my paranoia about that.

PS: You also notice the text bug in the gift box? :P
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMani View Post
Now that's some big progress and change since the last time I looked into it. When I visited your project the first time, I was absolutely disappointed because I didn't see anything interesting. Now there's much more interesting stuff to see than what I've seen yet.

I'd recommend not to make big noise around this, since I learned that Nexon watches private servers - at least they did in 2009.

Btw, I hope you renamed your project meanwhile, because we really don't want it to be named like the forum, which puts us in a connection which doesn't exist - excuse my paranoia about that.

PS: You also notice the text bug in the gift box? :P
Good to see you again. Well, I do understand you, since there have been a lot of fake developments in the past few years (brian4la, and some other threads around here). Also, that's probably because I've sent you a message pretty soon, when we were still messing with the encryption.

And yes, we have renamed the project. It's called "KartRider" for now because of a lack of a better name, but that's just a project name, so I don't really care about that.

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
On the whole Nexon thing, I think they abandoned the trademark & everything already...anyways, better safe than sorry !~
Exactly.

Last edited by Fraysa; 06-30-2014 at 10:27 PM..
Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
Nova 
USAlNova

On the whole Nexon thing, I think they abandoned the trademark & everything already...anyways, better safe than sorry !~
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 AM   #9
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

If you want to name it ZoomKart, for some reason I already got a logo for that :P Just don't name it ΗαckRider, some weird fancy people have an eye on that.

Bonus nostalgia chatter:
Spoiler
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #10
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

That does seem like an ear, lmao. Also, ZoomKart is pretty cool. Can I see the logo? Would you grant permission to use it?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:02 AM   #11
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

I uploaded the SVG here: http://pacmani.vibeware.net/kartrider/zoomkart.svg
It's not perfect, but you don't notice it when rendering pixel images.
Best use Inkscape to edit it. Use it for whatever you want, but not on shaved cats.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #12
Fraysa 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMani View Post
I uploaded the SVG here: http://pacmani.vibeware.net/kartrider/zoomkart.svg
It's not perfect, but you don't notice it when rendering pixel images.
Best use Inkscape to edit it. Use it for whatever you want, but not on shaved cats.
Thanks for the approval.

Also, an update:

We're currently working on channels. Using the sniffer, we were able to sniff some things from KKR. The client reconnects to a given IP when it enters a new channel (for some reason, seems useless, but ok) so we'll have to investigate more on that.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #13
StarsMine 
Green Glove Drifter

Wow, I have not seen god news on this site for a while.

I cant wait to see what you can do with this project. I have hopes and dreams for you to fulfill.
StarsMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #14
jason199506 
Yellow Glove Drifter

this is.....................AMAZING!

just want to ask, are you guys located in north america? already thinking about the lag issue after it's up
jason199506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
Animegirl798 
Drifting Learner

IGN: tailsgirl798

Default great!

great job on the KR server Fraysa and no wonder you sound so familiar because i know you from the maplestory scene!

KKR: kinachan798

Popkart: tailsgirl798
Animegirl798 is offline   Reply With Quote