KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 02-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
stephen64 
[Insert user title here]

Send a message via MSN to stephen64
Default KartRider may come out in 2010!

http://forum.nexon.net/PopTag/forums...d/4293570.aspx

I found this page on the PopTag! forums. I'm unsure who his/her source is.

Quote:
A closed beta for an English version (KartRider) began in America on May 1, 2007 and ended on May 31, 2007. The open beta began on October 2, 2007 and ended on March 19, 2008. The English version of KartRider is currently closed for an indefinite period of time, and the official version has not yet been released. The website, which had displayed a notice thanking players for participating in the Open Beta was removed and the site's URL now redirects to the Nexon America homepage. This leads some to believe that it will not be returning. However, at a recent UCLA Career Fair event that took place in 2009, one of the recruiting staff has claimed that the game will be returning during 2010.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
Spyyder0 
Track Veteran

IGN: NA: Spyyder0 PK: Careface

Send a message via AIM to Spyyder0 Send a message via MSN to Spyyder0

I ran into the head of Nexon on the street and asked him about it, he said the whole team that had worked on KartRider had to be let go due to the failing economy, and that we would most likely never see it return.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
LOLxArcSaber 
LOL @ UR FACE

IGN: PK: LOLxBeef KKR IGN: LOLxArcSaber VKR: AlacrityBeef
Guild: TeamLOL Team N2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyyder0 View Post
I ran into the head of Nexon on the street and asked him about it, he said the whole team that had worked on KartRider had to be let go due to the failing economy, and that we would most likely never see it return.
Yep

LOLxArcSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
TeamDarkness 
ProX ŽiĐeR

IGN: ProXSky
Guild: ProX

Send a message via Yahoo to TeamDarkness

I dont believe this. Last time they lied about kartrider is coming back

TeamDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
LOLxArcSaber 
LOL @ UR FACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamDarkness View Post
I dont believe this. Last time they lied about kartrider is coming back
Yep

Old 02-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
OrangeSunshine 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: FerretFart

We can only dream...
I don't feel that Kartrider was received that badly in North America, so I still don't understand why Nexon keeps releasing a bunch of new crap that has pretty much failed. MapleStory and Audition are really the only ones I still hear about.
OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
whyamIregisteringhere 
Blue Glove Drifter

Quote:
The company put its game Kart Rider into beta in the U.S., but elected not to launch the game after that period. Kim says that it wasn't because the beta went poorly. "People feel like the beta failed and that's why we didn't launch it, but it's more complicated than that. The U.S. didn't really have the market yet," says Kim, for a truly casual online game.

"We went on a silent path with Kart Rider," says Kim. "I think one of our mistakes was the perception [created by the decision to] not talk about it. People assumed Kart Rider was not successful; that was not the case at all. The numbers were looking really good. What we saw... was that the market was pretty small."

Years of audience evolution in Korea, with casual web games, and MMO games in parallel had created a sizable audience ready for Kart Rider, but North America's audience was too small, says Kim. "Korea had evolved through years of building a more casual market. [In North America] Kart Rider would have been the first game to meet the audience, and we felt that it would have been a waste of what Kart Rider was." Kim said that the launch will come "when the market is ready."
10char .
whyamIregisteringhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
LOLxArcSaber 
LOL @ UR FACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyamIregisteringhere View Post
10char .
Yep.
Nexon is one retarded company

Old 03-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
stephen64 
[Insert user title here]

Send a message via MSN to stephen64

Quote:
The company put its game Kart Rider into beta in the U.S., but elected not to launch the game after that period. Kim says that it wasn't because the beta went poorly. "People feel like the beta failed and that's why we didn't launch it, but it's more complicated than that. The U.S. didn't really have the market yet," says Kim, for a truly casual online game.

"We went on a silent path with Kart Rider," says Kim. "I think one of our mistakes was the perception [created by the decision to] not talk about it. People assumed Kart Rider was not successful; that was not the case at all. The numbers were looking really good. What we saw... was that the market was pretty small."

Years of audience evolution in Korea, with casual web games, and MMO games in parallel had created a sizable audience ready for Kart Rider, but North America's audience was too small, says Kim. "Korea had evolved through years of building a more casual market. [In North America] Kart Rider would have been the first game to meet the audience, and we felt that it would have been a waste of what Kart Rider was." Kim said that the launch will come "when the market is ready."
This doesn't make sense. How can an a company that now runs six successful casual MMOs say that the same demographic is too small for KartRider to continue?
Old 02-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
OrangeSunshine 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: FerretFart

Ugh. I had forgotten I had read that before... I must have chosen to forget.
OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 AM   #11
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

If anyone has the screenshot or print screen of the actual post made by NxJoeW on the Nexon forums KartRider will come back.

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
Jacky1492 
What Are You Lookin At?

IGN: Jacky1492
Guild: Some Chinese Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFlameking View Post
If anyone has the screenshot or print screen of the actual post made by NxJoeW on the Nexon forums KartRider will come back.
It's too late now, Besides even if we had the screenshot, nexon will probably just make up something like "the market isn't ready for NAKR". Nexon is a retarded bum.

Jacky1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #13
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

IGN: LIQUIDSIN
Guild: Eminent

dreams are eternal..specially if you share them!!!

liquidsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #14
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

Lol. It's never too late. There is something that can be done. (and this isn't me speaking optimistically)

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

IGN: LIQUIDSIN
Guild: Eminent

It will come out. You may be old and full of rinkles by then by it will happen. Good night every one!!!!

liquidsin is offline   Reply With Quote