KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

View Poll Results: What hand do you use to drive on KartRider?
Left hand! 2 10.00%
Right hand! 17 85.00%
I like to switch between left and right hands! 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Fobo911 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Talking Do you drive with your left hand or right hand on KartRider?

In the tutorials of the game, they tell you to use the arrow keys to navigate the kart. I assume that encourages everyone to use their right hand to drive and their left hands to drift and use items.

However, when I played Mario Kart, I used my left hand to drive. When I played F-Zero, I used my left hand to drive. From Gran Turismo to ATV Offroad Fury, I use the left hand.

This doesn't just go with driving games; lots of games (ie. Counter Strike, Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario Bros., etc. etc.) have you move the character or object with the your left hand via directional pad or the W, A, S, and D keys.

So I felt a bit weird when I first played NAKR with the arrow keys. It just felt awkward to drive with my right hand.

So I went through a crisscross-arm method, putting my left hand on the arrow keys and my right hand on the left Shift and Ctrl keys, and it worked pretty well.

Then a few months ago, I realized you can use the W, S, A, and D keys to drive the kart as well, so that made life easier for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all of that said, I'm going to assume that the majority of you guys drive with your right hand. I'm just wondering how many people had the sexiness to switch to their left hand like the good old days with those gaming system controllers.

Last edited by Fobo911; 12-28-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Fobo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

I drive with my right hand and use ctrl, alt, shift, space, a and d for shaking, r for retiring and q for a surprise (hehe) even if I am a lefty. I also use the mouse on the right, just btw.
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:27 AM   #3
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

The movement of the Kart with my right hand and the CTRL, SHIFT with my left hand all the way at the end of the keyboard. =O

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
VarsityKart 
Green Glove Drifter

Ahaha, I'm also one of the people who drive with their left hands, WSAD is definitely good for us XD, been using left hand to control or drive since......I started gaming ! (When I was like 3 years old)

Last edited by VarsityKart; 12-29-2009 at 09:32 AM..
VarsityKart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
DaFlameking 
Track Official

Guild: Carbon

Send a message via AIM to DaFlameking Send a message via MSN to DaFlameking Send a message via Yahoo to DaFlameking Send a message via Skype™ to DaFlameking

Could we have used gaming controllers to play KartRider? I remember I tried in the past but I can't remember the end result or know where it is to try again. =x

I also play a vast amount of racing games ever since I was young but I never actually noticed the big change when going to KartRider's mirrored controls.

Gong xi fa ca!
DaFlameking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

You need JoyToKey to be able to play with a gaming controller.
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
lilshadow69 
Black Glove Drifter

you can also use z and x for nos and drift ... or the num pad on the right or soemthing ><;
(sometimes i wonder if i couldnt make crazyer things by using 2 shift buttons and stuff *giggles* )

seems like some keyboards cant press more than 2 or 3 keys simultaneously

Last edited by lilshadow69; 12-31-2009 at 07:50 PM..
lilshadow69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #8
DriftPlasma 
Ramon Shiz

IGN: DriftPlasma
Guild: ProX

somehow i cant do link drift with right hand on directional keys but i can do it with left hand on WASD, even tho i play righthanded
Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
ManSoNoob 
yo

i play right handed when it comes to Racing games FPS/MMORPG Games right/left hand but for kartrider its right
ManSoNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
lilshadow69 
Black Glove Drifter

the only time i would use both left hand and right hand to race is if im itching, smoking up or eating something ... ^^;
Old 01-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #11
=P

Send a message via MSN to Loading

racing:(assumingly no mouse actions)right
mmorpg:right
fps:(95% of the time)left
Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
Dragonflame66 
No License

A unique question O_O. I switch depending on the course.(habit o-o)
Dragonflame66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
Xolaris

I drive with my right hand
Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #14
lilshadow69 
Black Glove Drifter

i used to eat and drive or drive and smoke back in the days ... that got me to switch hand during race ><;;
Old 10-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #15
map 
No License

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobo911 View Post
However, when I played Mario Kart, I used my left hand to drive. When I played F-Zero, I used my left hand to drive. From Gran Turismo to ATV Offroad Fury, I use the left hand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, all of that said, I'm going to assume that the majority of you guys drive with your right hand. I'm just wondering how many people had the sexiness to switch to their left hand like the good old days with those gaming system controllers.
In my opinion you can't compare the types of control at all, because with game controllers you use your thumb and you can't do this on the keyboard. But maybe it's just a matter of habit.
map is offline   Reply With Quote