KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 06-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Alex 
Green Glove Drifter

Default Your Kart Rider History

I've been forced to think back a couple of times over the last week to the beginning, to when north america kart rider was playable, and I've had trouble remembering a lot of things.

Post stories in this thread about your past, or create a personal kart rider auto-biography. Who told you about kart rider? What are your favorite memories? Who have you known since the beginning? What guilds have you been apart of? How did you get to be here today? What do you miss the most?

We will treat this thread as sort of a history book for the future, how everything got started sort of thing. You can also post stuff you've wanted to get off your back about the past. Feel free to just let yourself go and type out anything that comes to mind when you think of kart rider.

It would be a shame to forget everything that happened, so just write it all down.

Feel free to add any screenshots or videos that are important to you from the past as well

Here's mine:

It all started for me in the month of may in 2007. Closed beta started on May 1st, 2007. Around May 10th, a friend of mine told me about Kart Rider, so I decided to try it out. Now for the story behind my name. Well the friend who told me about it's name in real life is "Alex Waldrop". We all give him shit about it and call him "Alex Ball Drop" just for fun. Well on the day I downloaded it, I forgot what his username was, and I wanted him to be able to find me. So I used the name "AlexBallDrop" so that he would immediately recognize me in game, and I really only thought I would only play kart rider for just a day. Well the bastard game had different plans and got me addicted.

Over the next week or so I would play it for about 2 hours a day, and I would only play item mode. I had a frickin blast. I would get pissed off when the fly would catch me right before crossing the finish line, and would shout with joy when i would capture 3 of the opposing players in one of my water bubbles. I remember talking to my friend at school and telling him how my glove rank was progressing. He asked me what mode I played, I replied "item", and he told me to try speed out, that it was awesome. So that day I did, and I never played item mode ever again. This was around May 20th, so I had about 11 days before closed beta ended. School was out so I played around 4 hours a day, and I remember having the hardest time figuring out how to get the mini boost at the end of a drift. At around day 7, I met a PROTL member and raced with them, I forgot who, I think it was Benson, and they invited me to join the guild. I was ecstatic, because I am an extremely competitive person and jumped at the opportunity to join one of the most elite guilds. I made my name PROTLxALEX because I met a lot of people with the name AlexBallDrop and didn't want people to forget me.

So I spent the next 4 days racing with PROTL, and also blocking some. It was evident from the beginning that my specialty map had become Pyramid Mesa, and I spent a lot of time perfecting my technique in the map, attempting to make myself impossible to beat. Pyramid Mesa had everything. An awesome fun and exciting track to race on, yet also the perfect spots for messing around/blocking. Whenever I wanted to just mess around, I could climb the pyramid or destroy people on the ramp. It was around that time I made this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lvcAyuPkCs. My favorite part in this video is when I got 4 blocks in one lap. So yeah i guess that's what i kinda became known for, blocking and racing on pyramid mesa. Then closed beta ended, and I transitioned into popkart.

Popkart was awesome, but just not the same experience as NAKR. There was obviously the language barrier, and obviously a lot of players were much better then me, having played popkart for so many years prior. I wanted to be the best at whatever I did, and I was not even close in popkart. My favorite maps in single speed were desert construction site and zoomtown highway, and in team it was zoomtown freeway. It was also around this time that many PROTL members started disappearing, including Teddy. In order to hopefully increase activity, I made a record thread for only PROTL members in the middle of June 2007. I did this to increase competitiveness in the forum/guild and add a little fun. I think later on in the summer i opened it to all popkart players. There is still some debate as to who created the first record thread, but I honestly think it was me. I had a great time in popkart, yelling at chinks, perfecting chinks with fellow PROTL members and other friends, and blocking chinks on zoomtown finger. It was around this time I made this video and thought I was pro, lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7aboz99-tw.

Finally, it was announced that on October 2nd, 2007, kart rider open beta would be released. I was ecstatic. Taco and I teamed up to create and manage a record thread on the nexon forums since Nexon was too lazy to actually do anything under the rankings tab on the website. It launched, and I was finally back in my element. Within the first month, there was a contest to win a shirt for pyramid mesa. Top 5 times in time trial for the map recieved a shirt, I wanted the top time. I did it, got the shirt, and a nice postcard from Diz. In order to hopefully share my experience with pyramid mesa with others, I made these two vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BylzNX7J0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spvjj6_3Qoo

It was also around this time that Benson made me leader of PROTL because of the absence of Teddy and my efforts to make the clan better. PROTL was soon again regarded as one of the, if not most, elite guilds in NAKR.
Here was a pretty good vid i made with some good racing action by the guild.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXLLd2EA2Js

I loved being a part of it because everytime i joined a room people would say "Wow a PROTL" or, "Woah, he's in PROTL". What does PROTL mean? I will attempt to explain.

PRO represents us, the members of PROTL, and our goal to become the best we can be, "pros". OTL is supposed to look like someone bowing. O is the head, T is the body and arms, and L is the legs. OTL would represent everyone else not in PROTL bowing to us, the "pros". We combined the two to make "PROTL". PRO OTL. PROTL.

Here's another vid i made a little later explaining a new blocking method for pyramid mesa: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2MTWiB21bI

It was around this time that guild LND was created, for no apparent reason, which sucked a number of PROTL members away. Though we still had most of our elite members, some of them went over to LND, and the connection and chemistry that made our guild great was lost. At this point, Benson rarely got on, and the guild started dwindling in numbers. I knew something had to be done. My dream was to have a guild with a few elite players and friends, to just dominate kart rider. I was thinking hard about leaving PROTL and creating a new guild, called Guild SDS, which would consist of only 7 members. SDS would stand for Seven Deadly Sins, and each player would be given the name of one of the sins. SDSxLust, SDSxGluttony, SDSxGreed, SDSxSloth, SDSxWrath, SDSxEnvy, and SDSxPride. I would have been SDSxWrath, and I had 5 elite members chosen, ready to invite them and let them choose which name they wanted. The players i had chosen were Taco, Donut, Rush, Jaguar, and Table. Chicken was on the borderline, I wasn't sure he was serious enough to join a guild like this, he's good when he's not messing around. I would ultimately leave the last one open for application. This plan never unraveled, however, because of uncertainty from a couple of the players I talked to about my idea.

In February of 2008, I got on msn and gathered the leaders of alliance guilds into one msn chatroom, with the exception of benson, who I talked to later and approved of what I was doing. It was a room with arcadia, donut, taco, shugi, rush, and jaguar I believe, and I told them my plan. I proposed combining the alliance guilds into one single guild. Making NPX, A1, and PROTL one. I was still trying to achieve my dream, a super-elite guild with not too many members. This idea would be the closest I would come to creating such a guild. Everyone seemed fine with it, and we came up with a name and made the website. It was around this time that, coincidentally, many of the PROTL forums and sub-forums were deleted. This was NOT by my doing. I used this opportunity to tell the members of PROTL of the plan of combining the three guilds, and invited all of them to join AxC. NPX then backed out immediately, while A1 had already told it's members the plan and I as well, we couldn't do anything to change what had already happened. It ended up being a combination of PROTL and A1, but the guild still ended up being close to what I wanted to be. I still had a blast in the remaining moments of NAKR and, once it closed, anxiously awaited an announcement, a statement, ANYTHING regarding the future of kart rider. I had subscribed to google alerts for the words "nexon" and "kart rider", in a hope to receive any news about it right as it happened.

I went back to Popkart for a good amount of months, and joined team LOL. Popkart was still not the same, and we all missed NAKR terribly. We tried to replicate the conditions of NAKR and race like we would in it. Here is one of our attempts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6nr8NzbX0E

Within the next year, players started drifting away (no pun intended) from popkart, slowly realizing that nakr would never come out, losing hope. We have been let down by Nexon America, and have yet to get an explanation. I continued to play popkart off and on, but it got boring quick. I was incredibly lonely attempting to communicate with the chinese players, and this made the game very boring. I have not lost hope, and I am looking forward to seeing an announcement from nexon in the future. This was a great game and I will continue to wait, refusing to believe that nexon would go back on it's promise. I believe kart rider CAN succeed here in the United States and I think that, eventually, it will. When this does happen you will see me there, first to the start line, and hopefully first to the finish line.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

IGN: LIQUIDSIN
Guild: Eminent

Liquidsin Plays...." twilight zone theme music"

liquidsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
Spyyder0 
Track Veteran

IGN: NA: Spyyder0 PK: Careface

Send a message via AIM to Spyyder0 Send a message via MSN to Spyyder0

I'll type mine up later when I get the time, not quite sure how detailed i can be though, its been a long time and alot has happened.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

Too long for me to get into My KR history.... I just know i miss it!! i miss all the ppl i met. all the good times meeting new ppl and enjoying a few battles..than anxiously waiting for its relaunch..I try to bring ppl to KARTEXTREME. I roam popkart servers meeting ppl and trying to bring them here for support. There are a few ppl that roam the NAKR forums, we should too, every now and then, just to let them know we are still around waiting for answers. We should take one day were we all meet over the NAKR forums and just chat and make new topics just like we used to.... you know, just crowd it up!!. I think if the forum is crowded that will tell them a lot about our interest in KR's return. I guess thats my stupid idea...I just miss the old days!!

Last edited by liquidsin; 06-23-2009 at 10:30 PM..
Old 06-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
Dutchkid989 

IGN: Dutchkid989

Send a message via MSN to Dutchkid989

Saw the KartRider ad on the back of a Game informer mag (still have the mag.)
Thought it was something stupid at first, then as the days passed I became more interested. Tried it out right as the E2 kart line was introduced. Found game was fun. Then I started playing Popkart as soon as the open beta closed. Now when I get on I feel like I'm the only guy left on popkart that can speak english and have pretty much quit.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
G4m3ShArK 
Track Veteran

IGN: CRBlShArK
Guild: Carbon/CRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I've ....
Wow long story alex :O.

I used to watch you and taco's vid a lot on pyramid mesa to get it straight :P.

I'm too lazy to get into the details but I got into nakr because of 2 friends talking to me about it. One day one of them told me:" koreans play another game that requires skills, it's a game with little karts." We are starcraft players; therefore, love koreans and their games :P. And my other friend told me like a day later : " Hey I play a little kart game it is very fun."

So I started playing nakr as g4m3sh4rk then moved with Carbon as CRB|Sh4rk then to PK as soon as I was able to register and finally kkr.

I miss NAKR so much.

EDIT: I was also in team lol at some point but they got rid of all the "inactive" ( I was on kkr) players :(. Sad day for me.

EDIT 2: Just shortened the quote because that was some amazingly long quote :O

Last edited by G4m3ShArK; 06-25-2009 at 10:13 PM..
G4m3ShArK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:50 PM   #7
Kenoz 
Yellow Glove Drifter

ALEEEEEEEEEX. I play kart rider every day. I'M AN ADDICT - I don't understand what they say, but I fucking enjoy the way the people are there. They're really good, and it's fun to race people that know their ways around corners. ;]
Kenoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
stephen64 
[Insert user title here]

Send a message via MSN to stephen64

I'll try to write one.

For me, KartRider started sometime in mid October, when a couple of friends told me of this cool racing game like Mario Kart on the computer. I was immediately aroused. It was the first online game I'd ever played. I played for several hours a day whenever I had free time and even my friends thought I was crazy. I'd always liked such racing games so to me this was like heaven. Most of my friends dropped the game within a couple of weeks though, saying it was boring, repetitive and gay. I continued anyway, even though I knew very little people.

I used two accounts for KartRider. My first account was stephen190. I spent about a month on it and for some reason stopped using it when I went broke. I accidently bought three Pumpkin E2s. I hated creating new accounts, as it took me forever to catch up to where I was on the last one. I soon plucked up the courage and created stephen64 and was far more successful, making sure I never wasted my lucci again.

I played item at the beginning, but I soon moved on to speed mode. It took me a while to find out how to get the mini turbo at the end, but that was OK. I never really got good at speed mode; I've barely mastered double drifting. I still thought speed mode was fun though.

I became a member on KE because I heard it had a better community than the Nexon Forums. I was once again aroused as it was the first real forum I'd become part of. My history on this forum hasn't been a nice one. I became somewhat a loudmouth, constantly sharing my opinion on things, and not always in the kindest fashion. I was always caught up in arguments, with everyone against me. At the time I couldn't see that I was being an idiot, so I never gave up. This tarnished many friendships I had formed and had made me an unliked member of the community.

I saw guilds like NPX, PROTL and A1 and I thought it was a wonderful idea. As I hated creating new accounts but I wanted to create a guild, so I came up with an idea, creating a guild with 64 at the end. It was a shocking idea, and I was ridiculed and teased for it. I only had one member (not including myself). It closed within six days.

I still really enjoyed KartRider, and I still wanted to create a guild, so I thought I better make one the traditional way. I thought of the idea far too late. By the time I had finished preparing my guild, Speed of Light, the game was going to be closed within a week. At the time, I didn't really care as I thought the full client would come out soon. I was very disappointed when I saw it would take a while.

As I hated creating new accounts, it took me at least a month before creating a PopKart account. PopKart was about three years ahead of KartRider, and was the preferred choice out of it and Korean KartRider simply for its joining ease. I originally started playing on server 3 under the name stephen190 and was going to join LOL. My phobia to account making got me into trouble once again. I asked if someone would buy me a name changer so I could just change my name to be a LOL member, but I was expecting something unrealistic. Again my reputation went down again. To many, I was seen as an annoying little parasite.

I moved to server 4 and joined FoS. I was a long member but once again I had made a fatal mistake. After accidently getting my hold on my leader's login details I decided I'd try one of his karts. I logged into it and I saw there was stuff in the gift box. I was going to accept them for him but I accidently had deleted them. I was soon kicked from FoS and had become one of the most hated in the community. I'd realised that if I had run a guild, it probably wouldn't have taken off anyway because of a hated leader.

I continued to play PopKart but I had very few friends to race with. I was beginning to feel the language barrier and everyday I begged random chinese people for a name changer, so that I didn't have to wear the FoS tag anymore. Besides, FoS didn't want me to wear the tag anyway because of my stupid behaviour. I was being stupid begging, but one day, I received a name changer. I changed my name to SoLxStephen and things started to turn around for me.

I'd finally realised what an idiot I'd become and tried my best to fit in again. I made new friends in PopKart and I was no longer teased or caught up in arguments on the forums. Things were going to be OK again.

I continued to play PopKart for a few more months, but everyone was slowly moving to Korean KartRider, a far more developed game than PopKart, as finally someone had created an accurate guide to creating an account. I was alone once again.

As usual, I finally plucked up the courage and made a Korean KartRider account. I joined Eminent and made a few friends. However, this is around a year after KartRider closed and many had given up on the game. Slowly, people started to leave Korean KartRider too.

Korean KartRider became boring, with the language barrier and few people to talk to. I soon quit the game.

I used to be so amazed by this internet game world that I'd never knew existed but had always wished for, but now it's a cold, boring place. A place I don't want to be in anymore.

What do you think? I've never been a good writer, so it probably sucks.
Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #9
=P

Send a message via MSN to Loading

lmao you deleted his gifts
what were they and how did he react?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:45 AM   #10
Kenoz 
Yellow Glove Drifter

Is TEAM LOL still active?
Kenoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
RKAddict 
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenoz View Post
Is TEAM LOL still active?
Semi-active, we play together once in a while. If you add me on MSN (rkaddict@hotmail.com) I'll add you to conversations ever time I try to get people on popkart.

And stephen, I read the entire thing. Your story is sad like the majority of ours. Mine isn't sad for as many reasons, but rather because of howmany friends I have made who have quit and I've lost touch with over the past few years.

My story:
I started KartRider in the middle of the month it came out (May, I think?). A couple of RL friends were playing the game, and a friend of mine from MapleStory encouraged me to play it. I soon met Shugi and Chicken, and joined Shugi's guild NPX. I remember one date where we played with people like Glokkz and Benson and some other NPX and PROTL members; it was pretty fun. Unfortunately, closed beta soon ended, but luckily, Shugi already had a Popkart account and made one for me as well, and that's when my first Popkart summer began.

I remember playing Frenzy Forest Zigzag with Shugi and Chicken for the first time and getting retired. Fun stuff. Didn't know it'd be my favorite map. I also remember beastie/moomoo and how he told me that Donut was really good. And I also remember getting into one of Table's games randomly without trying. I also remember how I learned to combo boost; it was on that halloween map with the glitch where you can go down in an open area, and I pretty much tried for like an hour and finally got it. Or maybe that was double boost. Yeah, double boost, nvm. Dunno. It was a fun summer; a lot of us became really good over those few months of Popkart. I made two videos during this time period (pretty noob videos but w.e, beginning of my video-making).

Soon later (NOT) Open Beta came out, and we were allowed to play with a lot of Americans again. Retiring noobs was fun and the competition was awesome. I started getting extremely good, getting some great records. Since the leaders and many members from NPX, PROTL, and A1 had played together in Popkart during the previous summer, we decided to combine our guilds into one Alliance. Soon later, Alex and I worked together to create a record thread on Nexon forums. But Nexon forums lost their edit button, so I moved it to KRExtreme forums.

A few weeks before Open Beta closed, I achieved my greatest KartRider acheivement yet, hitting 3:00:80 on Frenzy Forest Zigzag, my favorite map, with a practice kart. This took a lot of work, but it was worth getting the #1 time. In March, Open Beta closed, and we moved back to Popkart, this time, with a lot more people. The guild LOL was opened for Popkart server 3, and I occasionally also played with Okiesmokie’s Eminent guild on KKR. After a few months though, I would lose all desire to play a game, and in July, I quit. I occasionally went to KR forums over the next year, but didn’t touch the game at all, hoping for NAKR’s return. I played Combat Arms instead during this period, anxiously waiting for any word from Nexon, but none was received. In June of the next summer, I again played Popkart for the first time over a year with my LOL friends, and found out I really hadn’t lost much skill, and I actually linked several times. Here I am, waiting once again.

NAKR: NPXlTaco
PK: ElDiablo
KKR: NPXlTaco
RKAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #12
stephen64 
[Insert user title here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yxin1 View Post
lmao you deleted his gifts
what were they and how did he react?
Three Bazzis. He reacted badly. He went ballistic.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
Soapko 
Black Glove Drifter

IGN: NAKR: HaKlSoapko - PK: FoSxSoapko
Guild: NAKR: HaK - PK: FoS

Send a message via MSN to Soapko

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen64 View Post
Three Bazzis. He reacted badly. He went ballistic.
More-so the fact that you were assfed enough to take your rage to that extreme of hacking someone's account. You didn't "accidentally" delete them, you did that because you were experiencing too much unnecesary butthurt about people supposedly picking on you.

Also, might I add, you fuck'd up some personal stuff that I really don't have the motivation to discuss.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #14
stephen64 
[Insert user title here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapko View Post
More-so the fact that you were assfed enough to take your rage to that extreme of hacking someone's account. You didn't "accidentally" delete them, you did that because you were experiencing too much unnecesary butthurt about people supposedly picking on you.

Also, might I add, you fuck'd up some personal stuff that I really don't have the motivation to discuss.
Well I'm sorry but I cannot change the past. If I could, I certainly would've.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #15
liquidsin 
Burning Rubber

And just move on!!!