KartExtreme KartRider Forums

Welcome to the KartExtreme KartRider Forums forums.

It looks like you have not yet joined our community and currently have limited access to view most discussions other KartExtreme exclusives. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, ask questions and discuss with other members, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, learn more on our KartRider guides, get access to our exclusive Ghost Database and many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KartExtreme KartRider Forums > KartRider > Zoomtown (General Discussion)

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
Wolferz 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: Wolferz
Guild: No Guild/Team

Cool Cool Trick

The reason this was not posted in the PK and KKR forum is because I think this would work for all of the Kart Riders.

Ok any way if you havn't noticed when you click start in a one player mode were you have to race an NPC, before the stage loads you can hear the start of the music. If you are playing full screen mode hit the "Windows" button and it will take you to the desktop, as soon as you can see the start bar click back onto the Kart rider game you are playing, if done fast enough you will load the game back up with 2 secs left so you can do a boost start AND the NPC will have a delay and will wait around 2 secs before it begins to race. The reason is because the packets between the your computer, the client, and the client server basically get tricked for a couple of seconds (at lest this is the only reason I can come up with why the NPC lags) this helped me finished the final part of scenario 3, were you race the dude in black in the ice area.

Btw I randomly found this out when I hit the "windows" button on acident and when I reloaded the game that's what happened. Hope this helps someone the way it helped me.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 AM   #2
Spyyder0 
Track Veteran

IGN: NA: Spyyder0 PK: Careface

Send a message via AIM to Spyyder0 Send a message via MSN to Spyyder0

OR, u could just get some skillz and beat the ai normally. the ai always sucks. :p
Old 10-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
Wolferz 
Yellow Glove Drifter

IGN: Wolferz
Guild: No Guild/Team

Hey the AI totally kicked my butt, and I sucked at that stage XD
Old 10-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #4
darkmario 
Blue Glove Drifter

IGN: jepregent
Guild: None for the moment

haha this trick didnt work for me, but ill retry later
darkmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Ray Koopa 
Super Moderator

IGN: 레이쿠파

Technically possible. AIs are controlled by your local computer and do NOT get synchronized with the server. When pressing the Windows button, KRs timer messes up while the screen is black, also causing the timer to say
3.2...1...start when going back to the game.
You also notice the missing synchronization of AIs when you are lagging in AI games. When driving over the finish line after finishing your 3rd lap (let's say it was a 3 lap track) you recieve the "4th lap" sprite. It can turn that weird that the server will say that you never drove over the finish line (causing "Retire").
Ray Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acident, kart, lag, rider, tip