KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What matters most to you in a Kart? (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52)

Takashi 09-30-2007 01:33 PM

What matters most to you in a Kart?

I think someone told me this after schooling me in a practice kart that certain karts have different specifications such as better acceleration and stuff like that. I have to learn more about it to get the most of out of my racing soon though but what matters most to you guys?

Do you guys prefer Top Speed? Acceleration? or Handling? or even Boost power.

I don't know the difference with boost but I think I want more handling in a Kart. After all, this is a drifting game and you can't win the race if you're just bumping into walls. xD

RKAddict 09-30-2007 01:41 PM

I don't think I really consider one more important than another.

Karts with bad handling CAN be mastered, it just takes more time. But if you get used to a specific kart, it may be hard to get used to another kart, even if the other kart has better control.

When you're thinking about SR's, the top karts (Cotton, Saber, and STORM) are pretty different, but they're all considered good. They all have decent control, some are just better than others. And they also again all have decent speed, just that some are a bit faster than others.

So really, I'm looking for a kart that's decent with everything. Doesn't really answer the poll, but it is my opinion. I used to always say I wanted a Saber (good speed, good control on drifting, bad control normally), but after trying everything out, I'm not really sure anymore. When good karts start coming out on NAKR (like R4), I'll make my decision. I've really only been stuck with Marathon's on PK, which have crappy control and crappy speed, so I haven't made my decision yet.

Jaguar 09-30-2007 02:57 PM

my vote was boost, because then you can do less drift while using an n2o to get a certain amount of n2o.

RKBaller 09-30-2007 02:58 PM

Handling and Boost.
Handling because it helps me drift, though what RK said was right, you can master the kart without a lot of handling power.
Boost because its freakin' awesome.

Surreal 09-30-2007 02:58 PM

Probably handling
or appeal.
;]

Flameking 09-30-2007 03:07 PM

I like acceleration because I wanna get up to speed very quick. Once the game releases though, I'll do some tests and post what i find here with some specifications i guess.

Deluxe 09-30-2007 04:03 PM

In order of importance for me.
1. Acceleration
2. Handling
3. Top speed

Antoshi 09-30-2007 06:44 PM

I also picked Acceleration. Being able to pull away from the pack, especially in Item races, is very useful.

Garry 10-01-2007 01:09 AM

Boost

I chose boost. Because without boost... there is no way catching up when you behind. 8)

Jaguar 10-01-2007 06:44 AM

Actually, there is pull. 2nd and 3rd and 4th.. and so on go 10 kph faster then 1st place, so if you are the same as the person in 1st, you will catch up.

Antoshi 10-01-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar
Actually, there is pull. 2nd and 3rd and 4th.. and so on go 10 kph faster then 1st place, so if you are the same as the person in 1st, you will catch up.

Wow, really? I didn't even notice that. It reminds me of Mario Kart 64, when the CPU's would catch up to you, but it was a hell of a lot more unfair then, because they would somehow drive INSANELY fast.

Virtuoso702 10-01-2007 11:29 AM

I guess that handling is the most important to me.
What sucks is that you can't really test all carts, 'cause that would cost a hell lot of money, I guess...
Meh, I'll see what I'll choose. ^^