KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KartRider 2.0 Private Server (English :D) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4992)

csproj 05-28-2016 03:31 AM

KartRider 2.0 Private Server (English :D)

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THIS ANYMORE, I NO MORE WORK ON THIS (MY FRIEND DOES)

Client Download Link (v7) : https://mega.nz/#!Z1AzyRJD!5TjismIRh...4HjFh6dhqVRYrI

Auto Register, just log-in with any id/pwd
Partially translated to English

Quote:

Version 6 Update log:
more english translations
more maps
more kartbodies
bug fixes

Version 6.5 Update Log: (Patch not required)
Join/Connect and get a brand new Plasma EXW!

Version 7 Update Log:
EVENT STARTED:
* [Welcome to KartRider 2.0!] : Only once when you log-in, first chance to get parts, kits, spanners, kartbodies.

MAPS ADDED:
* [Desert Dangerous Area] : Speed Map, 2 Laps

SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS:
* Character Bonus is partly finished. (You need a character bonus card.)

Version 7.1 Update Log:

EVENT STARTED:
* [Join now and get Bonus Card!] - Free bonus card until 09-16!

(Client update isn't required.)

HOW TO PLAY THIS:
1. Download da client
2. Unzip it
3. run KartRider.exe
4. login
5. ???
6. PROFIT

Ray Koopa 05-28-2016 03:31 AM

Yeah, but what is step 5? :shifty:

Nova 05-28-2016 08:14 AM

Lol . First time I've seen a step by step guide with '???' as one of the steps. Pretty mysterious & awesome in my opinion. Dunno how that pserv would work out, but I'm personally probably not gonna try it unless a good amount of people say it's dope.

Ray Koopa 05-28-2016 08:40 AM

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/profit

Nova 05-28-2016 08:44 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL . csproj with the memes ! +1000 for him ~ I honestly thought it was a slip-up or a bad translation .

Ray Koopa 05-28-2016 08:45 AM

Csproj knows English pretty well :P

Nova 05-28-2016 08:48 AM

I believe it . It just says "Partially translated to English" so I made the assumption, haha !

Ray Koopa 05-28-2016 08:48 AM

Well he means the game is partially translated into English

Nova 05-28-2016 08:51 AM

Ohhhhh ! Gotcha ~ My apologies guys, LOL .

Ray Koopa 05-28-2016 08:52 AM

You would've found out if you'd just tried it ;P

Nova 05-28-2016 08:55 AM

True story !

KarmaGucci 05-28-2016 12:13 PM

Hey guys is this true??? english kartrider? is it populated or just bots?

Nova 05-28-2016 12:58 PM

Idk man, you tell me ! I'm not trying it until other people check out if it's cool . The last one went south & stuff but maybe this being in English will help - but idk . Welcome back btw ~

KarmaGucci 05-28-2016 01:12 PM

I tried it it seemed very nice and cool but not a single person was given dat day

Nova 05-28-2016 01:16 PM

You tried this new one , or the old one ?

KarmaGucci 05-28-2016 01:22 PM

new 1

Nova 05-28-2016 01:56 PM

Oh . Well summer's coming up so maybe more people will check it out in the coming days ~

Ray Koopa 05-29-2016 12:53 PM

Yeah and if you would just try it, there'd be one more lol

Nova 05-29-2016 05:38 PM

No use dling something that won't be used, hehe .

오키스모키 05-31-2016 05:58 PM

Why on earth would anyone play on a private server if you're still selling Karts for cash?

Mandu` 06-01-2016 09:50 AM

Yeah.. It seems like the private server needs to be run by an admin that knows what's going on with Kart Rider and has the passion to run it where everybody is on equal footing.

Ray Koopa 06-01-2016 11:34 AM

"The private server needs to be run and maintained"

http://i.memeful.com/media/post/PM0aaRL_700wa_0.gif

csproj 06-02-2016 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 오키스모키 (Post 58045)
Why on earth would anyone play on a private server if you're still selling Karts for cash?

Dude, did you checked the in-game?
I'm pretty sure you haven't, we provide level-up boxes which gives your kartbodies AND gachas.

KoMx889 06-02-2016 01:20 PM

let me see.

the client is mixed with English and Korean.
A singleplayer kartrider is definitely better than this if everything is in cash. LOL

Nova 06-02-2016 04:13 PM

Supposedly the dude is asking for bitcoins ? If so, why ?

오키스모키 06-02-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csproj (Post 58052)
Dude, did you checked the in-game?
I'm pretty sure you haven't, we provide level-up boxes which gives your kartbodies AND gachas.

Yes, I checked in game and nearly everything in the shop is for cash. You can't get levels if people aren't playing, and no one is going to play if you're asking for cash when you could just spend that cash on the actual game and not have a risk of losing it when the server shuts down.

Nova 06-02-2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 오키스모키 (Post 58058)
Yes, I checked in game and nearly everything in the shop is for cash. You can't get levels if people aren't playing, and no one is going to play if you're asking for cash when you could just spend that cash on the actual game and not have a risk of losing it when the server shuts down.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ~~~ Jesus Christ the burns .. idk the reason for wanting money like this from the pserv, but I hope it gets fixed .

Mandu` 06-02-2016 06:44 PM

Sigh.. Greed.

KoMx889 06-02-2016 07:51 PM

legit dude..

everything in cash.

99999 cash = 96 in USD on a private server.(who got bitcoin here?)

the best lucci kart on a private server is solid ht ..u joking me?

why would i play on a private server? You tell me.

http://i64.tinypic.com/15fnabo.png
http://i63.tinypic.com/33uwykp.png
http://i67.tinypic.com/2lxtfms.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/rse6gj.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/10ndhzl.png

csproj 06-02-2016 08:54 PM

No, you guys haven't played the game.
We provide level up rewards, which gives kartbodies, characters, paints, gachapon, and bleh.
There are AIs, so what's the matter? Just create a room and play it.
Also our team spend almost 300$ per month to maintain this server (dedi), that's why we get donations.

KoMx889 06-02-2016 09:28 PM

LOL. it's the same price as on a Normal server.

csproj 06-02-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoMx889 (Post 58064)
LOL. it's the same price as on a Normal server.

And why are you mentioning that?
You could just use gachas to get kartbodies.

KENG 06-02-2016 11:46 PM

Then we don't need to play on a private server. LOL

오키스모키 06-03-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csproj (Post 58063)
No, you guys haven't played the game.
We provide level up rewards, which gives kartbodies, characters, paints, gachapon, and bleh.
There are AIs, so what's the matter? Just create a room and play it.
Also our team spend almost 300$ per month to maintain this server (dedi), that's why we get donations.

If you're spending $300 a month on a dedicated server for a private server that gets next to no traffic, you are doing it wrong. Look in to cheaper hosting methods, such as Amazon Web Services.

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 06:18 AM

Looks like Okiesmokie has a great overview about what the server is used for. Especially on a server which hosts touchy stuff. Nice!

So, people, if you don't want to understand how this works, and obviously nobody of you does, we can close this thread, and this was the last chance you had for a private server. If everything you people do is bitch around, then that's what you all get =)

One last try for all the slowpokes in here, this is how I got it explained:

- Sign in
- Go to your garage
- Go to your items
- Go to the secret box tab
- Click the yellow box
- You get a lot of presents (lottery, character, kartbody, paint, goggle, balloons, starbands, etc)
- Gain a little RP, get new boxes, use them over and over
- Profit

If you are super lazy and want a direct approach to get what you wish for, you need to buy items with small donations. Because that's the tiniest thing someone who goes through all the shit and legal issues to host a server like this can expect, right?

Right.

Nova 06-03-2016 08:42 AM

Well, through how I see it, these issues have legitimacy. There may be issues with these "donations" these guys are talking about because they aren't true donations. Donations are charity, a.k.a., you don't HAVE to use it at all to get what is requested @ the time it's requested. A good example for a true donation would be everything was free & you ask people to support the server for $$$, i.e. what Wikipedia does + Twitch streamers etc. So it's a technical donation, but not a true one at all.

Another thing is, nobody asked for a private server outright. Of course it would be cool to have one, but in Pacmani's last post it makes it seem like people were begging for a pserv instead of insinuating that it would be awesome if a good one was created. This was created, people had their complaints, & you tell them that they could lose their chance for a server? They never truly asked for one in the first place lol.

The point is, KartRider's biggest problem had to do with being p2p. If you have to pay the same amount on a pserv through these so called "donations" it makes no sense for people with the $$$ to not just play the other servers. Like, what does this server have that the others don't ? You're giving them little benefits to even use the service you're providing + putting everybody @ risk with using the pserv in the first place. Because if people spend all that money & the server were to be taken down, then what would you do to re-compensate those who lost money?

Bottom line is, when people have issues you should confront them head on & understand where they're coming from instead of throwing their issues to the side. Especially in the case of things like this where Okie + Keng are reasonable in their fury. Try to find a middle-ground & everybody can be somewhat happy~ Further that balance & maybe you'll find something that makes everybody 100% on board with their issues. It can be easy to cooperate together & brainstorm a better way to handle the situation instead of shutting down & arguing/throwing counter-opinions out the window.

Anyways, that's my take on what the rage may have to do with. If I'm wrong in my interpretations, let me know guys. Peace for now ~

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 09:03 AM

yeah, people were begging over the last years. now they're bitches. i dont care much anyway since kartrider is a shit game nowadays , so have fun finding your ways

Mandu` 06-03-2016 10:05 AM

I understand what csproj is asking for and what the majority of the members on this thread have stated. Look, from a business perspective he needs the funds to keep the server running. However csproj needs to provide a better service for where more members will play on his pserv. When more members are on the server and gets more numbers, then he can start asking for donations. How long has it been since the pserv opened and he's already asking for money? Yeah he's not directly asking for money but we have to buy better karts with cash? Then like what the majority have been saying, why the hell would I play on a pserv? Entice members to come to your pserv, host events, get more members, give out free goods and then start asking for money. What csproj is doing now just shows how he's more interested in making few bucks than providing a legit service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 58071)
yeah, people were begging over the last years. now they're bitches. i dont care much anyway since kartrider is a shit game nowadays , so have fun finding your ways

Think about why people are bitching about this. Like Nova said, it's a legitimate concern and issues that the members here are raising. You nor csproj obviously have no fucking clue how to run a private server. You need traffic in your server which means $$$ which means PROFIT to CSPROJ. Should I use your template to explain?

1. Make PSERV.
2. Advertise your PSERV on a forum with dedicated members.
3. Entice Members.
4. Host Events.
5. Provide Good Service and Transparent Communication = Maintain the server by banning hackers, trolls and etc. ANYTHING CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATED.
6. $$$

You don't just go cut and paste a game to a pserv and expect to make money right off the bat.

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 10:38 AM

TBH if it would've been my server I wouldn't the fuck do it like that too.
(I can't stand any cash shit)

If at all I would've just put permanent options for a -tiny- cash amount on sale, and the limited ones for an acceptable Lucci price.

But at least you could try the game a little, see how many items you get (since I was assured its not a waste to open those boxes). And not insta-check a shop "OMG ALL CASH WTF FUCK YOU" and act like assholes.

Maybe create a private server yourself if you know it all better.

Though some of points are totally agreeable, some are just blatant jokes.
2. Hello Neckson
5. Customer Service? Do you think csproj is the secret boss of a 100-people group waiting at the phone?
6. BTC if at all. S. #2

call_0217 06-03-2016 10:51 AM

http://cafeptthumb2.phinf.naver.net/....jpg?type=w740

Rainbow 5 Box(Storm Blade HT 30days , Blue Hammer 25 units)