KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KartRider 2.0 Private Server (English :D) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4992)

KoMx889 06-02-2016 09:28 PM

LOL. it's the same price as on a Normal server.

csproj 06-02-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoMx889 (Post 58064)
LOL. it's the same price as on a Normal server.

And why are you mentioning that?
You could just use gachas to get kartbodies.

KENG 06-02-2016 11:46 PM

Then we don't need to play on a private server. LOL

오키스모키 06-03-2016 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csproj (Post 58063)
No, you guys haven't played the game.
We provide level up rewards, which gives kartbodies, characters, paints, gachapon, and bleh.
There are AIs, so what's the matter? Just create a room and play it.
Also our team spend almost 300$ per month to maintain this server (dedi), that's why we get donations.

If you're spending $300 a month on a dedicated server for a private server that gets next to no traffic, you are doing it wrong. Look in to cheaper hosting methods, such as Amazon Web Services.

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 06:18 AM

Looks like Okiesmokie has a great overview about what the server is used for. Especially on a server which hosts touchy stuff. Nice!

So, people, if you don't want to understand how this works, and obviously nobody of you does, we can close this thread, and this was the last chance you had for a private server. If everything you people do is bitch around, then that's what you all get =)

One last try for all the slowpokes in here, this is how I got it explained:

- Sign in
- Go to your garage
- Go to your items
- Go to the secret box tab
- Click the yellow box
- You get a lot of presents (lottery, character, kartbody, paint, goggle, balloons, starbands, etc)
- Gain a little RP, get new boxes, use them over and over
- Profit

If you are super lazy and want a direct approach to get what you wish for, you need to buy items with small donations. Because that's the tiniest thing someone who goes through all the shit and legal issues to host a server like this can expect, right?

Right.

Nova 06-03-2016 08:42 AM

Well, through how I see it, these issues have legitimacy. There may be issues with these "donations" these guys are talking about because they aren't true donations. Donations are charity, a.k.a., you don't HAVE to use it at all to get what is requested @ the time it's requested. A good example for a true donation would be everything was free & you ask people to support the server for $$$, i.e. what Wikipedia does + Twitch streamers etc. So it's a technical donation, but not a true one at all.

Another thing is, nobody asked for a private server outright. Of course it would be cool to have one, but in Pacmani's last post it makes it seem like people were begging for a pserv instead of insinuating that it would be awesome if a good one was created. This was created, people had their complaints, & you tell them that they could lose their chance for a server? They never truly asked for one in the first place lol.

The point is, KartRider's biggest problem had to do with being p2p. If you have to pay the same amount on a pserv through these so called "donations" it makes no sense for people with the $$$ to not just play the other servers. Like, what does this server have that the others don't ? You're giving them little benefits to even use the service you're providing + putting everybody @ risk with using the pserv in the first place. Because if people spend all that money & the server were to be taken down, then what would you do to re-compensate those who lost money?

Bottom line is, when people have issues you should confront them head on & understand where they're coming from instead of throwing their issues to the side. Especially in the case of things like this where Okie + Keng are reasonable in their fury. Try to find a middle-ground & everybody can be somewhat happy~ Further that balance & maybe you'll find something that makes everybody 100% on board with their issues. It can be easy to cooperate together & brainstorm a better way to handle the situation instead of shutting down & arguing/throwing counter-opinions out the window.

Anyways, that's my take on what the rage may have to do with. If I'm wrong in my interpretations, let me know guys. Peace for now ~

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 09:03 AM

yeah, people were begging over the last years. now they're bitches. i dont care much anyway since kartrider is a shit game nowadays , so have fun finding your ways

Mandu` 06-03-2016 10:05 AM

I understand what csproj is asking for and what the majority of the members on this thread have stated. Look, from a business perspective he needs the funds to keep the server running. However csproj needs to provide a better service for where more members will play on his pserv. When more members are on the server and gets more numbers, then he can start asking for donations. How long has it been since the pserv opened and he's already asking for money? Yeah he's not directly asking for money but we have to buy better karts with cash? Then like what the majority have been saying, why the hell would I play on a pserv? Entice members to come to your pserv, host events, get more members, give out free goods and then start asking for money. What csproj is doing now just shows how he's more interested in making few bucks than providing a legit service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 58071)
yeah, people were begging over the last years. now they're bitches. i dont care much anyway since kartrider is a shit game nowadays , so have fun finding your ways

Think about why people are bitching about this. Like Nova said, it's a legitimate concern and issues that the members here are raising. You nor csproj obviously have no fucking clue how to run a private server. You need traffic in your server which means $$$ which means PROFIT to CSPROJ. Should I use your template to explain?

1. Make PSERV.
2. Advertise your PSERV on a forum with dedicated members.
3. Entice Members.
4. Host Events.
5. Provide Good Service and Transparent Communication = Maintain the server by banning hackers, trolls and etc. ANYTHING CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATED.
6. $$$

You don't just go cut and paste a game to a pserv and expect to make money right off the bat.

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 10:38 AM

TBH if it would've been my server I wouldn't the fuck do it like that too.
(I can't stand any cash shit)

If at all I would've just put permanent options for a -tiny- cash amount on sale, and the limited ones for an acceptable Lucci price.

But at least you could try the game a little, see how many items you get (since I was assured its not a waste to open those boxes). And not insta-check a shop "OMG ALL CASH WTF FUCK YOU" and act like assholes.

Maybe create a private server yourself if you know it all better.

Though some of points are totally agreeable, some are just blatant jokes.
2. Hello Neckson
5. Customer Service? Do you think csproj is the secret boss of a 100-people group waiting at the phone?
6. BTC if at all. S. #2

call_0217 06-03-2016 10:51 AM

http://cafeptthumb2.phinf.naver.net/....jpg?type=w740

Rainbow 5 Box(Storm Blade HT 30days , Blue Hammer 25 units)

KoMx889 06-03-2016 12:57 PM

ok. what's the point?

Mandu` 06-03-2016 02:36 PM

Pacmani-

How are we acting like assholes? csproj wanting money for a vanilla Kart Rider seems more like a douchebag to me. You don't just go and give people a bare minimum pserv game and say give me money for good items. That's just good ol' common sense.

오키스모키 06-03-2016 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 58069)
Looks like Okiesmokie has a great overview about what the server is used for. Especially on a server which hosts touchy stuff. Nice!

So, people, if you don't want to understand how this works, and obviously nobody of you does, we can close this thread, and this was the last chance you had for a private server. If everything you people do is bitch around, then that's what you all get =)

One last try for all the slowpokes in here, this is how I got it explained:

- Sign in
- Go to your garage
- Go to your items
- Go to the secret box tab
- Click the yellow box
- You get a lot of presents (lottery, character, kartbody, paint, goggle, balloons, starbands, etc)
- Gain a little RP, get new boxes, use them over and over
- Profit

If you are super lazy and want a direct approach to get what you wish for, you need to buy items with small donations. Because that's the tiniest thing someone who goes through all the shit and legal issues to host a server like this can expect, right?

Right.

If you think $300 a month for a dedicated server to host at most four people online at a time is normal, then you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. That is absolutely ridiculous for the amount of resources that are required to run such a small-scale server. Maybe fifteen years ago when there weren't super affordable solutions out there that cost may have been justified, but as it is right now, paying that amount is just complete ignorance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 58071)

I haven't been begging. If you look at my post history, I have been against private servers since the NA Beta ended. Specifically for this reason. There is absolutely no reason to play on a private server if it has nothing different from the official server. The ONLY reason there would be would be if you didn't have to spend cash to be on equal ground, and that is obviously not the case here.

Ray Koopa 06-03-2016 06:05 PM

And you still cannot realize a server can host more than one piece of shit game from 2004 at once.

Also, you are not "people".

Nova 06-03-2016 06:18 PM

Guys, chill out ~ Pacman, even you said you wouldn't run the cash aspect like that lol. Anyways, your (Pacmani) idea on the tiny cash amounts is probably a good compromise. Make it easier to get the karts with the boxes but allow a small amount of cash to be used to just buy them outright. Much, much better than the current option that I've been hearing where people are paying sums that are equal to the real servers'.

We haven't even heard from csproj or his korean partner about what they think about these ideas. I think these issues are legitimate & shouldn't be "asshole" territory when some dudes are showing up on the forums attempting to make $$$ off of a pserv & we don't even know them all that well. csproj has been here for a bit now, but it's literally only to drop news on a pserv that now looks like a huge $$$ grab.

Stop name calling LOL . No reason to go to those levels when this issue isn't a personal attack on anybody .

P.S.: KartRider is not so much a "shit game", but more like a good game run poorly. Once someone finds out how to run these types of PC Kart games + upgrades on KR's strengths, etc. we'll see a new juggernaut in PC gaming.

+ Pacmani's idea on monetary issues seems pretty good.