KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   LOOKING FOR A SENSEI !!! [w/ video(s)!!!] (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4968)

Nova 03-31-2016 04:09 PM

LOOKING FOR A SENSEI !!! [w/ video(s)!!!]

Ok, so I've been chillin' & just messing around until something dawned on me. Now, I've played against pro gamers, seen time attack vids, blah blah blah, and have noticed something strange. For some reason, it feels like no matter what - even with the correct drifts at times - my kart is slower than regular. This isn't some sort of cop out to hide that I lack skill or something, this is a legitimate problem that may or may not be occurring due to something other than drift skill. If otherwise, let me know ASAP.:sweat:

Some people (like my old friend flipfl0p) believed it to be my kart, but now I've got a black knight +4 & still deal with the same problem. Some (like my friend Lee) thought that it could be my keyboard since I use a laptop membrane thingy instead of a mechanical keyboard, but I haven't tried the mech one yet due to other peeps saying that it's probably not the keyboard that could give me those +5 secs or w/e. Then there's some others (like WheelieRider) who believe it has to do with drag drifting, lines, counter-steering, etc. that I may not be doing right. The thing about that is, that was told to me by a korean friend of mine, is that if the speed was regular instead of potentially slower than normal, then all of the problems (lines, drag, etc.) would sort themselves out. However .. check out my vid @ 9:40, watch that specific map, & then watch the Squash vid & see how fast that is compared to mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKZTyCVTmA4 - My vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N77xlAgqj6M - Squash vid

Somebody please teach me wtf is going ! I'm pretty close to being able really, really good, but there's something holding me back. It feels like Rock Lee & the weights he had on all the time. I NEED SOMEBODY TO HELP ME TAKE THEM OFF!

Side Notes:
-Whenever I play against pro gamers, I can easily keep up with them - thus getting outrageous times, but for some reason I can never get these scores by myself. For example, I've 1v1ed JDW & I could get under 1 40 on freeway every single race with him, but by myself - even with no mistakes - I can only hit like 1 40.

-My regedit is...
Default: 2 0 48
InitialKeyboardIndicators: 2
KeyboardDelay: 0
KeyboardSpeed: 48

-I care too much about this game...

I am looking for a sensei to tell me what is wrong . Thanks in advance, my dear friends !

tjdans7236 04-02-2016 02:34 AM

First of all, I'm nowhere near as good as you, so I'm not in the position to critique lol

But I'm assuming you already know about the technique of 톡톡이?

Also, if you were often running as 2nd place against the pro gamer, your speed as a 2nd place would be slightly higher than normal due to the game mechanics... I don't know if you knew that already...

Nova 04-02-2016 06:49 AM

I guess 톡톡이 is like the 'tok tok' method everybody talks about ?

A1Rice 04-02-2016 09:58 PM

Hey nova, are you USA l Nova? If so, I think i met you in game. SgtHartman

tjdans7236 04-02-2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova (Post 57842)
I guess 톡톡이 is like the 'tok tok' method everybody talks about ?

Yeah the technique where you speed up during the drift by tapping one key arrow repeatedly...

I'm so bad at it lol

Nova 04-03-2016 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Rice (Post 57843)
Hey nova, are you USA l Nova? If so, I think i met you in game. SgtHartman

Yeah, you did !! LOL ! We went like, 39-6 with EXTW ! :thumb::thumb:

@tj yeah, I've just now begun to get it down a bit ... time to spam practice T_T the skill is such a hassle .

A1Rice 04-03-2016 09:37 AM

yeeeeeeeee and i just need to practice other maps than freeway and beach lol

tjdans7236 04-03-2016 03:17 PM

Yeah 톡톡이 is a hassle...

I'm a level 73, so I figured now it's well overdue that I move up to the 매우빠름 channel... I'm having difficulty adjusting though. And all the pros are in that channel... For now, I think it's just that I have to get used to it. The builds are screwing me over though. I keep on using 빠름 builds out of habit and I crash into the wall lol

Noodlebrain 04-05-2016 11:54 AM

The comparison video that you have isn't really the best; I'm pretty sure overall speeds got nerfed sometime after the first New karts were released.
That New Cotton also has perfect/near perfect floater bonuses (they used to be stronger than the upgrade system we have now); can't apply those to any karts after New Cotton.

KoMx889 05-01-2016 06:19 AM

i see u have tencent qq on ur desktop. whats ur qq number? so i can add u

Nova 05-01-2016 06:39 AM

Send me your # here or through pm; I don't know how to find my number, LOL .

KoMx889 05-01-2016 05:01 PM

Sent

Nova 05-01-2016 07:42 PM

Added