KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   [Showcase] KartRider Private Server (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4710)

Fraysa 06-29-2014 01:12 PM

[Showcase] KartRider Private Server

Hello everyone.

My name is Fraysa. I've been developing in the .NET Framework for a few years, and been around the MapleStory development scene about since then. I, myself, was a true fan of KartRider. I played the beta back then in 2007-8 with my friends, it was the best time of my life. It was always my dream to create an emulator for it in my favorite language, C#.

A few weeks ago I wanted to get back to it (once again) and attempt to create an emulator for it. A good friend of mine, csproj, also started working on the same project so we joined together. Diamondo25, a good friend of ours, also came to help. After a few days of work, we cracked the client's encryption and learned about how packets work in KartRider.

Today, I'm more than proud to show you our progress.

NOTE: Please remember that this is a work in progress, so a lot of things are unimplemented. When we are satisfied with the content, we will let a select group of people join for a beta test server. Once that is over, we'll open it publicly (but still, for a set group of people). That's because we want to slowly increase our players' capacity to avoid lawsuits from Nexon or what not.

I will continue to update through this thread.

For any suggestions, rants, whatever... here.

Thanks for reading!

Nova 06-29-2014 05:15 PM

Wow...awesome !!! I wonder why they'd even attempt to throw a lawsuit at you since they scrapped the US version (including Dash) & only make money from the other versions that we are not TECHNICALLY supposed to be on. Anyways, congratulations & thank you sooo much !!!~~

Fraysa 06-29-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova (Post 56806)
Wow...awesome !!! I wonder why they'd even attempt to throw a lawsuit at you since they scrapped the US version (including Dash) & only make money from the other versions that we are not TECHNICALLY supposed to be on. Anyways, congratulations & thank you sooo much !!!~~

Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't want to even begin messing with Nexon so we will keep a low profile and will progress slowly by adding a set amount of players at a time.

Update:

Thanks to csproj, a manipulated version of Diamondo25's MapleStory sniffer (MapleShark) have been created to sniff packets from the Korean KartRider version so we can get some things that we aren't sure of.

Ray Koopa 06-30-2014 07:28 PM

Now that's some big progress and change since the last time I looked into it. When I visited your project the first time, I was absolutely disappointed because I didn't see anything interesting. Now there's much more interesting stuff to see than what I've seen yet.

I'd recommend not to make big noise around this, since I learned that Nexon watches private servers - at least they did in 2009.

Btw, I hope you renamed your project meanwhile, because we really don't want it to be named like the forum, which puts us in a connection which doesn't exist - excuse my paranoia about that.

PS: You also notice the text bug in the gift box? :P

Nova 06-30-2014 09:40 PM

On the whole Nexon thing, I think they abandoned the trademark & everything already...anyways, better safe than sorry !~

Fraysa 06-30-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 56809)
Now that's some big progress and change since the last time I looked into it. When I visited your project the first time, I was absolutely disappointed because I didn't see anything interesting. Now there's much more interesting stuff to see than what I've seen yet.

I'd recommend not to make big noise around this, since I learned that Nexon watches private servers - at least they did in 2009.

Btw, I hope you renamed your project meanwhile, because we really don't want it to be named like the forum, which puts us in a connection which doesn't exist - excuse my paranoia about that.

PS: You also notice the text bug in the gift box? :P

Good to see you again. Well, I do understand you, since there have been a lot of fake developments in the past few years (brian4la, and some other threads around here). Also, that's probably because I've sent you a message pretty soon, when we were still messing with the encryption.

And yes, we have renamed the project. It's called "KartRider" for now because of a lack of a better name, but that's just a project name, so I don't really care about that.

Thanks for the reply!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova (Post 56813)
On the whole Nexon thing, I think they abandoned the trademark & everything already...anyways, better safe than sorry !~

Exactly.

Ray Koopa 07-01-2014 03:42 AM

If you want to name it ZoomKart, for some reason I already got a logo for that :P Just don't name it ΗαckRider, some weird fancy people have an eye on that.

Bonus nostalgia chatter:
Spoiler

Fraysa 07-01-2014 06:46 AM

That does seem like an ear, lmao. Also, ZoomKart is pretty cool. Can I see the logo? Would you grant permission to use it?

Ray Koopa 07-01-2014 07:02 AM

I uploaded the SVG here: http://pacmani.vibeware.net/kartrider/zoomkart.svg
It's not perfect, but you don't notice it when rendering pixel images.
Best use Inkscape to edit it. Use it for whatever you want, but not on shaved cats.

Fraysa 07-02-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMani (Post 56818)
I uploaded the SVG here: http://pacmani.vibeware.net/kartrider/zoomkart.svg
It's not perfect, but you don't notice it when rendering pixel images.
Best use Inkscape to edit it. Use it for whatever you want, but not on shaved cats.

Thanks for the approval.

Also, an update:

We're currently working on channels. Using the sniffer, we were able to sniff some things from KKR. The client reconnects to a given IP when it enters a new channel (for some reason, seems useless, but ok) so we'll have to investigate more on that.

StarsMine 07-06-2014 08:44 PM

Wow, I have not seen god news on this site for a while.

I cant wait to see what you can do with this project. I have hopes and dreams for you to fulfill.

jason199506 07-07-2014 01:49 PM

this is.....................AMAZING!

just want to ask, are you guys located in north america? already thinking about the lag issue after it's up

Animegirl798 07-08-2014 12:56 PM

great!

great job on the KR server Fraysa and no wonder you sound so familiar because i know you from the maplestory scene! :clap:

Nova 07-08-2014 02:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_...ds#Development On a side note, MapleStory memories still give me chills ... Thanks again for the hard work .

Fraysa 07-11-2014 01:14 PM

Sorry for not updating you guys for a while. Diamondo25 managed to create a launcher that uses a special argument in the KartRider executable that allows you to make the client auto login by sending the required information for the account. That way, users can now login properly instead of using Nexon's old launcher (which is hard to manipulate).

Next - Channels and rooms!