KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do you drive with your left hand or right hand on KartRider? (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3696)

Fobo911 12-28-2009 09:25 PM

Do you drive with your left hand or right hand on KartRider?

In the tutorials of the game, they tell you to use the arrow keys to navigate the kart. I assume that encourages everyone to use their right hand to drive and their left hands to drift and use items.

However, when I played Mario Kart, I used my left hand to drive. When I played F-Zero, I used my left hand to drive. From Gran Turismo to ATV Offroad Fury, I use the left hand.

This doesn't just go with driving games; lots of games (ie. Counter Strike, Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario Bros., etc. etc.) have you move the character or object with the your left hand via directional pad or the W, A, S, and D keys.

So I felt a bit weird when I first played NAKR with the arrow keys. It just felt awkward to drive with my right hand.

So I went through a crisscross-arm method, putting my left hand on the arrow keys and my right hand on the left Shift and Ctrl keys, and it worked pretty well.

Then a few months ago, I realized you can use the W, S, A, and D keys to drive the kart as well, so that made life easier for me. :thumb:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well, all of that said, I'm going to assume that the majority of you guys drive with your right hand. I'm just wondering how many people had the sexiness to switch to their left hand like the good old days with those gaming system controllers. :yes:

Ray Koopa 12-28-2009 09:48 PM

I drive with my right hand and use ctrl, alt, shift, space, a and d for shaking, r for retiring and q for a surprise (hehe) even if I am a lefty. I also use the mouse on the right, just btw.

DaFlameking 12-29-2009 02:27 AM

The movement of the Kart with my right hand and the CTRL, SHIFT with my left hand all the way at the end of the keyboard. =O

VarsityKart 12-29-2009 09:29 AM

Ahaha, I'm also one of the people who drive with their left hands, WSAD is definitely good for us XD, been using left hand to control or drive since......I started gaming ! (When I was like 3 years old)

DaFlameking 12-29-2009 12:38 PM

Could we have used gaming controllers to play KartRider? I remember I tried in the past but I can't remember the end result or know where it is to try again. =x

I also play a vast amount of racing games ever since I was young but I never actually noticed the big change when going to KartRider's mirrored controls.

Ray Koopa 12-29-2009 01:48 PM

You need JoyToKey to be able to play with a gaming controller.

lilshadow69 12-31-2009 01:05 PM

you can also use z and x for nos and drift ... or the num pad on the right or soemthing ><;
(sometimes i wonder if i couldnt make crazyer things by using 2 shift buttons and stuff *giggles* )

seems like some keyboards cant press more than 2 or 3 keys simultaneously

DriftPlasma 01-01-2010 11:22 AM

somehow i cant do link drift with right hand on directional keys but i can do it with left hand on WASD, even tho i play righthanded

ManSoNoob 01-01-2010 12:39 PM

i play right handed when it comes to Racing games FPS/MMORPG Games right/left hand but for kartrider its right

lilshadow69 01-01-2010 03:35 PM

the only time i would use both left hand and right hand to race is if im itching, smoking up or eating something ... ^^;

Loading 01-09-2010 05:16 AM

racing:(assumingly no mouse actions)right
mmorpg:right
fps:(95% of the time)left

Dragonflame66 09-03-2010 08:28 PM

A unique question O_O. I switch depending on the course.(habit o-o)

09-11-2010 09:28 PM

I drive with my right hand

lilshadow69 10-29-2010 10:41 PM

i used to eat and drive or drive and smoke back in the days ... that got me to switch hand during race ><;;

map 10-31-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fobo911 (Post 47887)
However, when I played Mario Kart, I used my left hand to drive. When I played F-Zero, I used my left hand to drive. From Gran Turismo to ATV Offroad Fury, I use the left hand.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Well, all of that said, I'm going to assume that the majority of you guys drive with your right hand. I'm just wondering how many people had the sexiness to switch to their left hand like the good old days with those gaming system controllers. :yes:

In my opinion you can't compare the types of control at all, because with game controllers you use your thumb and you can't do this on the keyboard. But maybe it's just a matter of habit.