KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   DMV Circuit Guides (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Types of Drifting Guide (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147)

Surreal 10-08-2007 01:58 PM

Types of Drifting Guide

This is not my guide.
This is Zdashers guide from the Nexon forums
This guide helped me when I first started to learn advanced drifts.

Normal Boost (basic drift skill)

Description: this is the very first lesson of drifting skills you need to learn, so i highly recommend you to master his skill first before starting any other drifts.

How To Do
step 1.↑→+shift (opposite direction when you drift to left side, this is for all drifts)
step 2. ↑← (hold the buttons so that your kart pulls back on the route)
step 3. right after your drift is almost finished. press ↑

If you did this correctly, you should have a short boost after your drift.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Missile Boost

Description: this boost is not a skill, its just for Item mode.

How To Do
When you get hit by a missile, immediately press ↑ when you land
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2xBoost

Description: this type of drift is the clone of the normal boost, basically, instead of 1 normal boost, you'll have 2 boost instead. Your Boost Gauge will also be doubled.

How To Do

Step 1.↑→+shift
Step 2. ↑←
Step 3. This is where 2xBoost gets hard. Press →+shift right after your Kart head turns to the right position
Step 3.5. press ↑← right after step 3, you should see your kart have the first boost
step 4. ↑ , this is your second boost.
Note* many people gets messed up in the step 3 and 3.5. most is because they do it too fast or too slow, in my opinion, step 3 and 3.5 should entirely take about .5 sec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3xBoost/4xBoost (Multiple Boost)

Description: yes, you can boost as many times as you like. But doing this is not easy, it will take very long to practice, the entire meaning of 3xBoost and so on is just adding 2 steps to the 2xBoost.

How To Do
When you up to Step 3.5 in 2xBoost, instead of press ↑ on step 4, you do the following

Step 4. →+shift
Step 5. ↑← ( these are the steps you need to add in order to continue boosting)
Step 6.↑ (step 6 is and end to 3xBoost and so on)

If you want to do more boost this is what you need to do.

↑→+shift
↑←
→+shift
↑← <------this is double
→+shift
↑← <------this is triple
→+shift
↑← <------this is quadruple
↑ <-------Finished. plus this one, this is 5xBoost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link Drift

Description: this drift skill is same as Multiple Boost, just a little faster.

How To Do
Step 1. ↑→shift   
Step 2. ↑←   
Step 3. → shift
Step 4. ← 
Step 5. ↑  
Step 6. ↑
Note* you shouldn't have much trouble with this skill since you've mastered Multiple Boost

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cutting drift

Description: This Type of drift can be helpful to certain corners and turns in a map.

Step 1. ↑→shift
Step 2. ↑←
Step 3. ↑←shift
Step 4. ↑

Mirror Drift

Description: this is fun way to drift, it is rumored that this drift can get out of any turns. but the cost of that is to slow you down

How To Do
Step 1.Press "→+shift" until you turn back. (unlike other drifts, hold shift a little longer so it turns you back)
Step 2.press "↓" for a little time
Step 3.press "←+shift" until you turn back again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits go to Zdasher from the Nexon forums.

B0WJOB 10-08-2007 08:46 PM

Great guide.
MMOSITE has a guide like this but I like one better - better format :P

Xiphion 10-09-2007 08:32 PM

does anyone know the name of the song used in the multiple drift video?

Lmaonade 10-09-2007 09:06 PM

Thanks, I love you embedded all the videos too... :D

Surreal 10-09-2007 09:27 PM

Haha, I just downloaded the multiple boost song.
It's name is Forever by Savage Genius.

Lolegasm 10-10-2007 07:30 PM

Holy crap! Some of those turns are craaaazy! I doubt I'll ever be that good. Maybe I should just quit now to save myself the embarassment D:

Thanks for the guides, though.

S00kitUlost 10-11-2007 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolegasm
Holy crap! Some of those turns are craaaazy! I doubt I'll ever be that good. Maybe I should just quit now to save myself the embarassment D:

Thanks for the guides, though.

Well said. =/ Me too =X

Rayzr 10-11-2007 08:13 AM

Awesome guide , was gonna post a thread but then found this while searching. >_>

RKBaller 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

I tried 2x boost..but I failed miserably.. Ed, teach me plx. I was waiting for you to come on so I could bug you to teach me. D:<

Surreal 10-11-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh
I tried 2x boost..but I failed miserably.. Ed, teach me plx. I was waiting for you to come on so I could bug you to teach me. D:<

:O
well
you turn
and drift
and drift
and boost
and boost sommore

Jaguar 10-11-2007 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surreal
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajesh

:O
well
you turn
and drift
and drift
and boost
and boost sommore

nice guide :D

Lolegasm 10-12-2007 05:02 AM

Hahahah I'm so bad at drifting D:

I can sometimes get the normal boost after drifting...and have no hope thus far of mastering any of the other ones. Yay for me...

EmiT 10-12-2007 04:22 PM

Just so you people know, 2x boosting on an r4 and 2x boosting on the current OB karts has a big difference due to the speed gap between the cars.

Lolegasm 10-12-2007 08:52 PM

'OB'....'r4'....

..please explain? o.O

RKAddict 10-12-2007 09:29 PM

There are different types of karts. We currently only have C1.

order =
C1
E2
G3
R4
PRO
SR

OB = open beta

Takashi 10-13-2007 12:50 AM

someone told me that its not possible to chain link, 2x, 3x boost with the karts we have now (cuz they were too nub). is this true? or no? I haven't been able to pull any of them off. I'm not sure if it was me or just what that guy said was true

RKAddict 10-13-2007 01:15 AM

That is incorrect. It is possible to double boost, link boost, and combo boost.

People who aren't able to do it in a practice kart will not be able to do it in an R4 either and vice-versa.

Lolegasm 10-13-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RKAddict
There are different types of karts. We currently only have C1.

order =
C1
E2
G3
R4
PRO
SR

So is it just the same kart becoming more powerful?

eg: Marathon C1 -> Marathon E2 -> Marathon G3 -> Marathon R4 etc

Or is it completely new karts as the type of them becomes better?

eg: Marathon C1, Solid C1, Burst C1 etc -> *New kart* E2, *Another new kart* E2 etc

Jaguar 10-13-2007 08:17 AM

Keeps the same name goes from mara C1 to Mara SR but there are some karts that just have a few like the panda kart. there is only a panda G3 and a Panda PRO.

OnqueoMahia 10-13-2007 10:44 AM

D: I'm still having trouble with the Multiple Boost one, but the cutting drift is pretty straight foreward. :D

RKAddict 10-13-2007 11:14 AM

yeah, and there are also other special karts, like the RL car ones. There are also motorcycles. And just some random karts.

Then there's the Plasma series. There isn't any C1, E2, G3, R4, PRO, or SR plasma. They're kind of a separate series in between PRO and SR.

There's Plasma PT, FT, PXT, and FXT (right?)

PXT's boost lasts twice as long and is slightly harder to get.
FXT's boost lasts half as long and is very easy to get.

Lmaonade 10-13-2007 02:38 PM

I want to learn to mirror drift to rape people behind me in item mode... :O

OnqueoMahia 10-14-2007 09:09 PM

I'm having a TON of trouble trying to even do the Combo Boost. xD

Any tips? ._.

RKAddict 10-14-2007 09:23 PM

can you double boost? (you gotta know double boost before you can combo)

Dinosaur 10-14-2007 09:47 PM

EDIT: Actually.
Can someone tell me more about mirror drifting? Like, how does it help you own people in Item Mode? O_O

Jaguar 10-15-2007 06:38 AM

If you are in first and you have a missile, you mirror drift and shoot the person behind you. It also works in team if you are in front of the other team and you don't want to slow down, do ^

OnqueoMahia 10-15-2007 09:20 PM

I almost got the Multi-Boost down. <3! Just a few more timing kinks to work out and I'll be getting pro times. :D

Rayzr 10-16-2007 01:05 AM

I can't do the boost after the turn all the time.. it's because im scared it wont work so i press it too early..

EmiT 10-16-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmaonade
I want to learn to mirror drift to rape people behind me in item mode... :O

Watch the mirror drift video, and notice the direction for the first drift is relevant to the turn. That should give you some insight on mirror drifting. Basically it's hold shift down and turn like you do for a U-Bend, and ctrl then shift and turn again.

iamj 10-16-2007 05:28 AM

Can you do waterbomb mirror drifts? ie m drift and shoot the bomb behind you? or will it show up infront of u instead o.o

Jaguar 10-16-2007 08:20 AM

infront of ya......

SkyHookII 10-16-2007 09:20 AM

Wow, very interesting. I'm having a lot of trouble doing these, mostly because they're a bit hard to remember.

Bobs 10-16-2007 02:31 PM

Quick question about double/continous drift. Instead of -> + shift, <- + ^, -> + shift, <- + ^. I do this and it seems to work just want know if it is not as good. -> + ^ + shift, <- ^, -> + ^ + shift , <- + ^. I just am always used to holding up.

RKBaller 10-18-2007 05:17 PM

I JUST CANNOT GET DOUBLE BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M JUST ABOUT READY TO KILL ORION! D:<

Bobs 10-18-2007 05:21 PM

Double drifting is easily doing it effectively is the hard part.

Flameking 10-20-2007 05:01 PM

yea. i sat down today and told myself, Im gonna learn double boost today. It took 29 mins and after a lucky attempt, I got more motivated and managed to pull it off after some tries. Im good with it about 70% but thats good enough for me xDD

I use it like 1/7 attempts in real races and it helps at some places. X_X dedication. Now i gotta do link and cutting >_<

GreenPuff 10-20-2007 05:59 PM

lol Flame you told me while we were still playing

Surreal 10-20-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFlameking
yea. i sat down today and told myself, Im gonna learn double boost today. It took 29 mins and after a lucky attempt, I got more motivated and managed to pull it off after some tries. Im good with it about 70% but thats good enough for me xDD

I use it like 1/7 attempts in real races and it helps at some places. X_X dedication. Now i gotta do link and cutting >_<

Lay off trying to Link boost until you can effectively double alot.
Cut drift is good to practice though.

Rayzr 10-27-2007 09:38 AM

I can't 100% my normal boost T__T

Infact i can barely do it at all ... it's about only 30% that i do the boost. Does anyone have any tips ? Whenever i try i always crash so is there a way to stop turning then boosting?

GreenPuff 10-27-2007 04:52 PM

I can 50% double boost