KartExtreme KartRider Forums

KartExtreme KartRider Forums (http://kartextreme.net/forum/index.php)
-   Zoomtown (General Discussion) (http://kartextreme.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lag (http://kartextreme.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129)

knowntoown 10-06-2007 09:39 PM

Lag

Everytime i finish a race, i takes forever to finish loading the last 2 pages. Im always the last one, and i think if they kick me before im done, i get kicked off kr w/ something about idle disconnection. Any wasy to fix it?

S00kitUlost 10-06-2007 09:56 PM

Re: Lag

Quote:

Originally Posted by knowntoown
Everytime i finish a race, i takes forever to finish loading the last 2 pages. Im always the last one, and i think if they kick me before im done, i get kicked off kr w/ something about idle disconnection. Any wasy to fix it?

I don't know about that, it could be you just DC'ing. I only get the idle disconnectiong bit when I AFK at the lobby for awhile. I don't know why you lagg/Dc though.

Ekaru 10-06-2007 10:19 PM

It could be your computer, since you have to load data for each racer and put a few character models at the same time.

I DC sometimes also, and I don't lag often, but when I do, it's because my internet is in one of it's moods/someone downloaded a bunch of crap I have to delete. I know at least one person here saw the terror that is my connection when something's up with it(I lag... I HATE MY HOUR LONG LAG SPIKES!).

Try restarting your computer, and if that doesn't help, you may have to upgrade your computer/connection.

Oh, and idle disconnection is when they kick you off because A. You AFKed for a long time or B. Your connection didn't... Well, basically your internet didn't connect for a while.

Sadly, in order to fix your issue, assuming you already restarted your comp, try waiting a while. If you still have that issue, you may have to upgrade your computer and/or get a better internet connection... Maybe someone else knows a way to fix it that's easier?

knowntoown 10-06-2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekaru
It could be your computer, since you have to load data for each racer and put a few character models at the same time.

I DC sometimes also, and I don't lag often, but when I do, it's because my internet is in one of it's moods/someone downloaded a bunch of crap I have to delete. I know at least one person here saw the terror that is my connection when something's up with it(I lag... I HATE MY HOUR LONG LAG SPIKES!).

Try restarting your computer, and if that doesn't help, you may have to upgrade your computer/connection.

Oh, and idle disconnection is when they kick you off because A. You AFKed for a long time or B. Your connection didn't... Well, basically your internet didn't connect for a while.

Sadly, in order to fix your issue, assuming you already restarted your comp, try waiting a while. If you still have that issue, you may have to upgrade your computer and/or get a better internet connection... Maybe someone else knows a way to fix it that's easier?

Well i guess its my computer since i had this in beta. Is there any way to create less lag?

Flameking 10-06-2007 11:10 PM

I'd suggest to close all the other internet related running programs before you start Kart Rider. That should clear up some Ram and make your internet focus only on Kart Rider.

Ive been having some major lag during 8 player item team mode games for some unknown reason. Sometimes I lag so hard, I cant tell where I'm going, sometimes its just minor and I go through the boxes. Iunno. Its random sometimes

knowntoown 10-06-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFlameking
I'd suggest to close all the other internet related running programs before you start Kart Rider. That should clear up some Ram and make your internet focus only on Kart Rider.

Ive been having some major lag during 8 player item team mode games for some unknown reason. Sometimes I lag so hard, I cant tell where I'm going, sometimes its just minor and I go through the boxes. Iunno. Its random sometimes

The thing is it doesnt lag during the game. Just after when they give the rewards and rankings. Also i dont think AIM makes much lag :P

kwesi 10-07-2007 12:05 AM

Is it happening during every race? If not I think its because you're farther than those people who win like they may be from Australia and your comp takes a while to receive the data they receive as well