PDA

View Full Version : Dropping By

Kirk
03-13-2011, 12:17 AM
So after a very odd urge to play kartrider again, after the open beta in north America never opened,so I started playing popkart.

Then I found this forum, and decided to look around.
-
The name is Kirk, as you might have probobaly guessed.
I'm pretty fluent in Chinese as I have already taken classes for it for 10 years already. My vocabulary is much better for traditional characters, but right now I'm trying to get the hand of both traditional and simplified. My first language is still English though.

I was considering on joining KKR instead because of the faster content.. But it's not really fun if you can't understand anything.

Hope to meet some new people here, people seem pretty active. My ign in popkart is 李科汶, if anyone wants to contact me. ^_^

DaFlameking
03-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Welcome Kirk. Glad you found us! We have a split community that plays KKR and Popkart (and other versions of KR). We're all waiting just like you. :x But we should be able to help you out with almost anything you might need.

Ray Koopa
03-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi.

That's interesting, I didn't know you have to re-learn Chinese to speak the simplified version. Howzit for native speakers?

Kirk
03-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Its no issue for speaking.
Its just a matter of writing and recognizing characters, since most people are usually fluent in only one. Most of the people starting to learn Chinese now are learning the Simplified version, but they used to teach the Traditional version.

I say if its your native language then converting either way shouldn't be too hard, as there are many similarities between the two sets of characters.

Ray Koopa
03-14-2011, 03:31 AM
Ahh ok. I thought it's completely different.

Must be hard to recognize the characters if they are just 8 pixels high, like in PopKart, isn't it?