PDA

View Full Version : Error 114

Nach0Boy
10-26-2007, 11:33 PM
So. I didn't get any help from SW. I was referred by someone there. Here is the original post.

An error occurred running KartRider.(114)
Please restart the game after you exit the unnecessary program.

I have played the game when it was released again which was around the beginning of the month. I stopped after a few days and now my friend wants me to play again. I opened the game and it started updating GameGuard. Then it gave me that error. I ignored it and re-opened the game again. Same error. I go restart, same outcome. I reinstall and same outcome. I download EXE A on the site and reinstall, same outcome. I download EXE B on the site and reinstall, same outcome. My friend is playing just fine, so I ask her to give me all her file infos of her folder. I find out that the Data folder, GameGuard folder, and KartRider.exe are different sizes. I asked her to send me all those files which took about 4-5 hours through AIM. So all together I spent about 7 hours trying to fix this error and it STILL DOESN'T WORK. This has really pushed it. I finally decided to post this in the forums for help.
SO PLEASE MTV PIMP MY RIDE.

Anthony
10-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I think you should close all progs go to your task manager and see whats "unnecessary" that is running. Close all your prog and try again.

Nach0Boy
10-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Already tried that.

Jaguar
10-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Didn't chicken have this problem?

Surreal
10-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah he did.
It's in the protl forum.
didnt say how he fixed it though.

Flameking
10-27-2007, 09:17 PM
well tell him to get his butt over here and give some assistance >_>

my view on this is that you have a program running that gameguard doesnt allow to be running at the same time when playing kart rider.

programs such as msn messenger or probably fraps or something is still in the windows task manager processing. try looking there and close them and restart the game.

if that doesnt work, we'll ask chicken >_>

albinus
01-27-2008, 07:44 PM
hey guys

i also installed kart rider but having same the same problem error 114 cant find the solution

running vista and i have no programs running that harms can harm the game

can you guys help

THanks

InterNational
01-27-2008, 08:16 PM
^It's because of vista. Vista has a way of ruining several things.