PDA

View Full Version : Locking the topic

amjenger
11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
i don't really think locking a topic just because someone has flamed it is the proper way to deal with dilemas as such.

the topic does not have to do with the person flaming it. ther person flaming is what is suppose to be shut.

Gizmo
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I actually agree with you, your thread about how to join guilds should not have been locked. Dutch, you need to delete some of the posts instead of just locking the thread.

stephen64
11-02-2008, 08:09 PM
I thought he was talking about my fight with Soapko.

RKBaller
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
We can't constantly delete posts just because some people try to stand out. If you don't want us to lock the threads, don't start shit in the first place. Capeesh? Capeesh.

It's not our job to clean up your mess. We have no obligation to keep each and every thread sane. Don't make it our job because we're doing this voluntarily.

darkmario
11-02-2008, 11:13 PM
i aggre with you, but on the otehr hand, when there is a lot of post of flaming, it is really long for the staff to delete them all and to judge what is flaming and what not

stephen64
11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
We can't constantly delete posts just because some people try to stand out. If you don't want us to lock the threads, don't start shit in the first place. Capeesh? Capeesh.

It's not our job to clean up your mess. We have no obligation to keep each and every thread sane. Don't make it our job because we're doing this voluntarily.

It's spelt Kapish, not Capeesh. I'm italian.

Storm
11-03-2008, 01:33 AM
Thats besides the point Stephen. Like Raj just stated, its not the mods jobs nor the admin's either to clean up the mess people start, like flame wars for example. Its not that hard to not start stuff with people, and leave them be, then start something you yourself caused, then get angry when they strike back at you for being an idiot. Play your role as a member on here, dont start nothing that'll cause problems, and you'll be fine. Simple as that...

liquidsin
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree with raj..But SOMETIMES its inevitable to NOt flame some one when they come up with bullshit misinformation and misleading others...I know we should be more mature about this, but damn it gets me so mad to read ignorant crap that make no sense at all. I beleive we do have an obligationto help others specially new members that come in here. We should not just let others misguide them..ive seen situations ppl get flamed for misinforming others..well diserved i say because i relly dont see the reason to act smart and mislead when they are only being idiots.

Soullreaper
11-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I agree with raj..But SOMETIMES its inevitable to NOt flame some one when they come up with bullshit misinformation and misleading others...I know we should be more mature about this, but damn it gets me so mad to read ignorant crap that make no sense at all. I beleive we do have an obligationto help others specially new members that come in here. We should not just let others misguide them..ive seen situations ppl get flamed for misinforming others..well diserved i say because i relly dont see the reason to act smart and mislead when they are only being idiots.

You still dont need to flame them, you just say : "sorry, but its actually this, this and this *provide decent evidence*" Just use common sense and etiquette and you will be fine. Also this is the internet, so dont get riled up about something someone from halfway across the world says to you on a copmuter screen.

liquidsin
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree with you aswell...i just have too much anger and tend to explode easilly....i've been behaving though.

stephen64
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
When I start to argue, I try to be as civil as possible. However, if the other guy is flaming his head off there is no way you're going to get your point across. Raj, if you want to see the flaming stop, temporarily crack down on it real hard to scare people.

RKBaller
11-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I've done that many times, Stephen. I'm notorious for being strict as hell but now I'm starting to loosen up.

Do you know why I started loosening up? Because people sent me hate PMs saying that I'm a strict person, that it's a game forum, and that I'm not their boss so I have no authority to correct them or delete their posts or even lock their threads. But it's all good because they would never say it to my face if I met them. ;D

Who likes Chipotle? Anyone? I'll get you some when I go in a few. :P

Dutchkid989
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
If I started deleting threads with flames in them people would start complaining about the deleted threads.

Storm
11-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Guess flaming serves no purpose, but there will always be people who start stuff for no reason, then complain when they're wrong and being corrected by someone.

Soullreaper
11-04-2008, 02:59 AM
You cant really "scare" people on a internet forum because......well.... its a internet forum :P

liquidsin
11-04-2008, 07:59 AM
You cant really "scare" people on a internet forum because......well.... its a internet forum :P

Are you kidding me...Im pissing my pants right now from Raj's post.
"I SEE MOD PEOPLE" hides under cover....

amjenger
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
i think if a thread has flaming on it, you ( the mods, and im not saying it is your jobs, i know you just want to keep the forum clean, blah blah i don't know what else,) should look how many wurnings that person has, like looking into a student's permanent record or something like that, and if it is more than usual, he/she should be put under Provational timeout, or whatever panishment else you have there. if his,her warnings are not that much, you could let it pass and just tell that this flaming or blah blah should be stoped.

i don't know what else can be done but i think what will work.

Soullreaper
11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
i think if a thread has flaming on it, you ( the mods, and im not saying it is your jobs, i know you just want to keep the forum clean, blah blah i don't know what else,) should look how many wurnings that person has, like looking into a student's permanent record or something like that, and if it is more than usual, he/she should be put under Provational timeout, or whatever panishment else you have there. if his,her warnings are not that much, you could let it pass and just tell that this flaming or blah blah should be stoped.

i don't know what else can be done but i think what will work.

^

Or people could just stop flaming?

Dutchkid989
11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
^

Or people could just stop flaming?

I wish I had the ban/warn buttons.

RKBaller
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Me too..I miss those days..

Err..the warning system isn't working at the moment so we can't warn anyone. Only ban and probational timeouts (basically a temp. ban in fancy words). :/

Dutchkid989
11-05-2008, 05:54 PM
This place has a bug and I can't ban people right now. =(