PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown KR when logging in

Shiryu
10-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Okay, so my friend has a problem with his KR lately on his crappy laptop, but it worked a few times.

But now, when he wants to play, he can't even log in and then it closes down Kart Rider with no notice, sometimes even his MSN (if it's on), and even explorer.exe might go off.
It goes...
"Init...OK!
Mount...OK!
*poof, gone*"

So now he can't play KR anymore >_<, does anyone have an idea what could be going on?
He tried reinstalling (about 5 times) but it never helped.

Any help's appriciated!

Moofey
10-19-2007, 06:31 PM
By what you've just told me, this sounds like a problem with his computer in general if he's losing other programs unexpectedly.

Shiryu
10-19-2007, 06:47 PM
By what you've just told me, this sounds like a problem with his computer in general if he's losing other programs unexpectedly.

Well yeah, his laptop is pretty failure (he can't maple since after a while he gets a black screen/lines across his laptop + overheating -> program failure) although KR worked for a small while.

I mean okay his laptop is quite doomed but there should be a remedy to still play games right? Also, he just told me this happens (unexpected program closures) when he starts <ONLY> KR, anything else still "runs fine".

kwesi
10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
The black lines across the screen happened to me when I was playing maple as well. It was because of overuse or ram or something like that and then my CPU was over heating. My CPU's sensor cool temperature is supposed to be 98 degrees Fahrenheit, but when that scenario happened to me, it was at 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Purple
10-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Does he have AVG?
If so, turn off the resident shield and run it again to download the patch.
Afterwards, I THINK you can put on back the shield but every time they have a patch you need to close the shield.

Shiryu
10-21-2007, 06:15 AM
Does he have AVG?
If so, turn off the resident shield and run it again to download the patch.
Afterwards, I THINK you can put on back the shield but every time they have a patch you need to close the shield.

Nope, he has no AVG, no anti-virus at all (lol >_>) although he said he'd do a virus scan with ad-aware and download avg free and do another scan with that just to be sure.

Overuse of RAM kwesi : I think closing down everything before you play might be a good choice right? Considering how windows live messenger eats RAM.

kwesi
10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
yea. Try closing everything down before you play Kart Rider. I never use MSN live when playing games but I heard it does eat alot of RAM.