PDA

View Full Version : Northeu Express 2:28:48

stephen64
05-10-2008, 05:50 PM
_HfJ5Ryr1-w

Tell me what you think! Help me improve my movie-making and racing skills. Please remember to be positive because some people were really mean to me with my last two videos and I almost vowed never to make another one again. So you can tell me to improve, but please say it nicely.

A1Coffee
05-10-2008, 06:04 PM
ew...
it looks so sloppy

first of all the best way to start out is to find a strategy.
then just play smooth and optimize your drifts
and by play smoothly i mean make sure you follow the strategy and your drifts don't make you have to turn to get to the next turn

stephen64
05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you for calm and positive comments.

First of all, it's probably hard to notice but I actually do have a stratergy. My game recorder is extremely laggy so optimizing is incredibly hard. I do need to improve my drifts and I have recently have just learned to double (which I didn't do in the video). I didn't really notice a time when I didn't drift enough to make a turn.

I should have done my recording today because I a better time but nevermind.

c1neK
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
steph imo skip 1st drift and optimize whole rest and try keep as close to walls as you think you can right now :)

A1Coffee
05-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank you for calm and positive comments.

First of all, it's probably hard to notice but I actually do have a stratergy. My game recorder is extremely laggy so optimizing is incredibly hard. I do need to improve my drifts and I have recently have just learned to double (which I didn't do in the video). I didn't really notice a time when I didn't drift enough to make a turn.

I should have done my recording today because I a better time but nevermind.

you slowed down on the u-turn before the big blue boost tube and some other points O_O

오키스모키
05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
steph imo skip 1st drift and optimize whole rest and try keep as close to walls as you think you can right now :)
You don't have to skip the first drift, just make sure you get a full N2O by the second drift, if you don't, the first is pointless.

stephen64
05-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I am really surprised that for once people are being really positive about my videos. I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Spyyder0
05-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I suggest recording multiple runs and try to make it look as smooth as u can and try not to hit walls if possible. You could also try to get a cam and record races without lag and fraps the cam playback later.

But if im recording a run like this one while racing with fraps running then I record atleast 15 times and use the one with the smoothest/fastest run.

I know music is preference, but I dont really see rap music ever going well with kartrider. =\

stephen64
05-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Believe it or not, I did several runs and that was the fastest/best one. I just choose songs I like. I don't care if it suits it or not. Lul.

AverageAsian`
05-11-2008, 03:45 AM
Please don't act as if " OMG You guys actually said something kind "
We are trying to help you. Take in constructive criticism.

G4m3ShArK
05-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah ?? what did you say constructive noodle..... ?

c1neK
05-11-2008, 11:25 AM
You don't have to skip the first drift, just make sure you get a full N2O by the second drift, if you don't, the first is pointless.

right but then u will have to sweap 4th turn and imo that actually slow down pro karts a lot ;/

A1Coffee
05-11-2008, 11:47 AM
right but then u will have to sweap 4th turn and imo that actually slow down pro karts a lot ;/

Sweep > Multiple

k

DPLxCheez
05-11-2008, 01:57 PM
fail :[
watch some other vids of northeu on youtube and learn

extremexx
05-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Uhhh, hundreds of times better than what i can do. i suck at drifting. that's y i play item and always get 1st place but in speed, ehhhhh, its embarassing

XxLxX
05-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Lolz!!! Me And Ma Sister Luv Making Fun Of This Song. Xd

DiscoStar
05-11-2008, 05:22 PM
that u should avoid the crashes is kinda obviously ...

additionally u are not drifting enough , there are a lot of parts where u would need nitro , but u just dont have one ^^
if thats a taktik , its a bad one... just copy it from other vids

Spyyder0
05-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Uhhh, hundreds of times better than what i can do. i suck at drifting. that's y i play item and always get 1st place but in speed, ehhhhh, its embarassing

u suck at drifting cuz u dont get drifting practice, everyone sucked at speed when they first started, it takes a while to get decent but its so much fun when u get there. :D

stephen64
05-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Exactly! I am not quite as advanced as others at the moment, but it doesn't stop me from making videos. Otherwise i get really bored.