PDA

View Full Version : PC Crashing

Biaz
04-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Any ideas why all of a sudden just trying to start PopKart causes my PC to restart spontaneously? Thanks in advance for any help.

Biaz

extremexx
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Yay!! a new joiner!!

Anyways, I think there was trouble installing Popkart or that your computer is messed. Somehow, something tweaked your registry, so that the command to restart is activated when u open popkart. You probably can't fixing it yourself, I can't either so try reinstalling popkart. If it still doesn't work, reinstall your operating system.

Something like that happened to me too. Once when I clicked something in my start menu, it went to the unistall wizard to unistall my antivirus. But I restarted my computer and it was fixed. Maybe it will work for u too.

OMG, im a nerd.

Disastrous
04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Did you previously hack?

the gameguard will make your computer crash if it detects something.

Biaz
04-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks. I (we) may have to try uninstalling/reinstalling...appears maybe some others were also somehow affected. Didn't hack anything & app had been working just fine until yesterday. But...firewall did 'detect' some baddie in gameguard.des, but it was quite awhile after the trouble started occuring that I ran that 'scan' as a just-in-case try.

Well, tried uninstalling/reinstalling PK, but same problem w/restarting PC when just trying to start the game. Could be my PC is messed up, but since nothing else at all seems to be wrong, can't justify re-installing the OS. So stuck w/no PopKart for now. C'mon KartRider full release!!

extremexx
04-24-2008, 03:19 PM
C'mon KartRider full release!!

XD u might need to wait for a loooooooooonng time.

ProXSky
04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
It happen to me before

Biaz
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
ProXSky,
Ando_O.....? Thanks!

Biaz

Biaz
04-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Well, from a response from GameGuard they don't believe this is a GG issue, but instead a PK issue. I'm not convinced, but now I'm about (not quite, but about) at end of my options, except an OS/XP complete reinstall.

Biaz:argh:

Found the problem...and a work-around only solution! Apparently, the latest patches from GG are causing a conflict with my (and A LOT of others') software firewalls. I'm using Comodo, and had to temporarily, 'permanently' disable my Defense+ mode to make the game work/load. Doesn't appear to impact Windows Firewall, so turned that back on of course. Consensus in the PC security world seems to be that GG needs to get their act together and fix their stuff, as disabling 'normal' firewall operations ain't so cool.

Biaz:sweat:

Dutchkid989
04-27-2008, 01:35 PM
If you use comodo just call it a trusted program.

SilverMane
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
i have seen you around in nakr and popkart

Dutchkid989
04-27-2008, 08:06 PM
i have seen you around in nakr and popkart
Um, who are you talking to? :crazy:

AverageAsian`
04-28-2008, 01:41 AM
Um, who are you talking to? :crazy:
He's talking about me.