PDA

View Full Version : How do you get used to using Fraps in PopKart?

stephen64
04-06-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi everyone.

I have just downloaded fraps and I have just discovered that when recording you lag like hell! I can't even race while recording because I just keep bumping everything. Is there any way of being able to still control your car while recording?

InterNational
04-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Change your FPS.

stephen64
04-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Ok thx. Wtf? I can't view the movie. I can hear the sound, but I can't see the movie. What's wrong?

AverageAsian`
04-06-2008, 01:50 AM
Upload a screenshot of your Fraps Options.
Also, use Fraps Registered.
Google it. I think it's 2.81 ? I'm not sure =/

Yeah, upload the screenshot and I'll comment.
If you don't know how to ...

1. Press Print Screen/Prnt Scrn. A button on your right hand side of the keyboard. Should be next to F12.
2. Open MS Paint.
3. Hold down Ctrl and press v.
4. Save as ... blah blah.
5. Upload it via imageshack.us
6. Click the " Image " icon. Located next to HyperLink (The globe/world icon)

Ummm. Yeah. Have fun. =]

stephen64
04-06-2008, 02:17 AM
K I fixed the viewing problem too. My last question is how do you get the recordings to last more than 30 seconds? Do you have to stop it and start it quickly to make it go continuously?

Okiesmokie
04-06-2008, 02:34 AM
You have to buy (or crack) it to make it go longer than 30 seconds.

stephen64
04-06-2008, 02:36 AM
So the only way to make it longer is if you push the button again.

AverageAsian`
04-06-2008, 02:46 AM
You have to buy (or crack) it to make it go longer than 30 seconds.

No need to buy :P
Or Crack.
You just download fraps reg.

Spyyder0
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
actually if he has the fraps demo installed if he downloads teh cracked one it probably wont work at all. Thats what happens to alot of ppl that install the demo first.

Theres not much u can do about the lag unless you wanna upgrade your pc.

akprince
04-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Select halfsize and 25fps, it shouldnt lag in time attack

Spyyder0
04-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Select halfsize and 25fps, it shouldnt lag in time attack

25fps?! Who can play any game with fps that low? It would be way choppy and unresponsive.

akprince
04-06-2008, 11:35 PM
25fps?! Who can play any game with fps that low? It would be way choppy and unresponsive.

Random Fact: Human eyes can not ditinguish more than 25 frames per second...

I dont think he can set a high fps if his pc is crap

Spyyder0
04-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Human eyes dont see in FPS.

Most ppl stop being able to tell a difference in FPS after 100fps. To me anything under 70fps is choppy as hell, and 25fps just isnt playable for any game.

AverageAsian`
04-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Shit. 25 is wayy to low.
It's really sliced :P
I suppose upgrading your pc.
http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/479465/1//Improve_computer_speed_here.html#
Yes. You improve comp speed w/o buying additional progs and softwares etc.

Spyyder. Teech ma hao to do lazurz :D

Okiesmokie
04-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Random Fact: Human eyes can not ditinguish more than 25 frames per second...

I dont think he can set a high fps if his pc is crap
http://www.daniele.ch/school/30vs60/30vs60_3.html

Spyyder, I'm pretty sure kartrider has a fixed framerate of 60fps, so you lie :( Although, anything below this fixed rate seems choppy to me :[

Spyyder0
04-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Spyyder, I'm pretty sure kartrider has a fixed framerate of 60fps, so you lie :(

Wrong. It doesnt. I run it at 200+ fps at most times, with AA/AF maxed. =o

ss or it didn't happen u say?

k.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/2955/loop105jz7.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2121/mesa14669zn4.jpg
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5751/gold208ap7.jpg

If ur fps is locked at 60 its because you have vsync enabled.

stephen64
04-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Hey my PC is not crap and can anyone send me the link to a cracked version? I can uninstall the one I have at the moment.

Okiesmokie
04-08-2008, 05:22 AM
If ur fps is locked at 60 its because you have vsync enabled.
Ah, I completely forgot about vsync, my bad :(

Ebits21
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Lul.... Anything over 75 fps is basically overkill tho..

When vertical sync is enabled, video cards only output a maximum frame rate equal to the refresh rate of the monitor. All extra frames are dropped. When vertical sync is disabled, the video card is free to render frames as fast as it can, but the display of those rendered frames is still limited to the refresh rate of the monitor. For example, a card may render a game at 100 FPS on a monitor running 75 Hz refresh, but no more than 75 FPS can actually be displayed on screen.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

The refresh rate limits how many frames are actually displayed anyway, It might seem slightly less choppy with a higher framerate than that but nothing is actually displayed on screen.

Edit: How did you get the fps in your screenshots mun?

InterNational
04-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Lul.... Anything over 75 fps is basically overkill tho..

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate

The refresh rate limits how many frames are actually displayed anyway, It might seem slightly less choppy with a higher framerate than that but nothing is actually displayed on screen.

Edit: How did you get the fps in your screenshots mun?
Depends on your video card. If you have one from Intel then maybe so. However, nVidia's cards are so durable and pro that this won't render it useless. It doesn't kill the card, really.

Soullreaper
04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
pfft I swear spyder knows how to use PaintShop Pro ;)

Spyyder0
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Its fraps, open fraps and it will show u your fps, and if u hit Print Screen, or F4 it will save those numbers from fraps on the ss.

pfft I swear spyder knows how to use PaintShop Pro ;)
lul, PaintShop Pro is nub.

Okiesmokie
04-08-2008, 05:20 PM
What Ebits said is definitely not the case. I've disabled vsync and kartrider is now running a lot smoother than it was before. (I was even able to get fraps running at a decent rate)

Ebits21
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
What Ebits said is definitely not the case. I've disabled vsync and kartrider is now running a lot smoother than it was before. (I was even able to get fraps running at a decent rate)

Well vsync forces your graphics card to wait for the screen refresh; turning it off lets the graphics card go as fast as it wants, allowing for a "smoother feel" to the video. Basically the frames that are displayed will seem less choppy.

That doesn't change the fact that your screen will only refresh at a certain rate (75 mhz or 75 fps is typical). With vsync on and off you would get 75fps (regardless of what fraps says), the difference with it off is that transitions between frames will be much smoother since the graphics card isn't waiting.

@International.. The refresh rate of the screen ultimately limits how many frames are actually perceived per second. A top of the line graphics card might be pumping out 500fps but only 75 of those frames will actually be updated on the screen, regardless of whether or not you have a geforce or an intel or whatever.

Okiesmokie
04-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Well vsync forces your graphics card to wait for the screen refresh; turning it off lets the graphics card go as fast as it wants, allowing for a "smoother feel" to the video. Basically the frames that are displayed will seem less choppy.

That doesn't change the fact that your screen will only refresh at a certain rate (75 mhz or 75 fps is typical). With vsync on and off you would get 75fps (regardless of what fraps says), the difference with it off is that transitions between frames will be much smoother since the graphics card isn't waiting.

@International.. The refresh rate of the screen ultimately limits how many frames are actually perceived per second. A top of the line graphics card might be pumping out 500fps but only 75 of those frames will actually be updated on the screen, regardless of whether or not you have a geforce or an intel or whatever.
fps isn't just about rendering time, it's also about time taken for logic.

Ebits21
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
fps isn't just about rendering time, it's also about time taken for logic.

Frames per second does include logic, physics, and anything else your doing.

Here's a very basic overview of a game loop that you would create when programming.

initialize()
running = true;

while(running)
{
processinput() // this will set running = false for a quit command input
gamelogic()
render()
}

It basically records any input that it's given, uses that input etc. to calculate game logic, physics, etc. Then it calls for the render.

So the render (frame) is never created until the game logic is over. Therefore whatever readout your getting for fps includes game logic, simply because the logic is always calculated before the frame is rendered.

Either way, this doesn't change what I was saying earlier anyway :crazy:

Edit: ok, there's one exception. If they multithread the game loop then what you're saying might be true :) (Logic would be updated slower than fps tho, somewhere around 20hz. Calculating game logic is easier than rendering. So the render will lag well before the logic does).

akprince
04-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Sooo much techy stuff around here. I am confused @_@.

All I can add is that my game ran smoothly when I record at 35fps halfsize setting.

InterNational
04-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Sooo much techy stuff around here. I am confused @_@.

All I can add is that my game ran smoothly when I record at 35fps halfsize setting.
It ran smoothly at 35 fps? How the hell...? Lol..

Anyway, @ Ebits: Maybe so, but just the fact that it does have more fps makes it run smoother.

akprince
04-09-2008, 01:32 AM
It ran smoothly at 35 fps? How the hell...? Lol..

Anyway, @ Ebits: Maybe so, but just the fact that it does have more fps makes it run smoother.

Well most of my record times I got during fraps so...

stephen64
04-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Does anyone have a link here?

InterNational
04-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Ah, I completely forgot about vsync, my bad :(
How does one cancel out vsync?

Ebits21
04-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Should be in your video card settings (This depends on your specific card, though).