PDA

View Full Version : Kart Extreme IRC Tutorial

Flameking
10-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Well it seems some of you have been missing out on the IRC chat action so this is tutorial designed for you to get on and chat it up with the rest of us.

Download the mIRC client
Go to mIRC's Download Page (http://mirc.com/get.html). Choose any of the American or Canadian downloads.

Install the mIRC client and start it up
Once the download finishes, install it on your computer. If you don't want it to be on your computer's program files, you can easily install it onto a USB Key.

Start & Set it up
When the installation is done, start the mIRC program and a box should pop up with the About mIRC. Click continue. You don't need to register after 30 days either. You can use it for as long as you like without paying to register it.

Another box will pop up. Fill in the information if you wish here and go to the menu on the left. Under the connect menu, there should be servers. Click on that and click on add

Enter the following information.

Description: PSIGenix Server
IRC Server: irc.psigenix.net
Port: 6668
Group: PSIGenix
Password: leave it blank

Then click add. Make sure the server you added is selected and then click connect to server.

Wait till the lines stop scrolling down and enter the following line.

/join #kartrider

After you do that, you should be in the room where we will be waiting. ;)

Rules
No Spamming, No Advertising, No Flaming

Hope to see you there-

Congee
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
The ports for psigenix range from 6667 to 7000 I believe, so if 6668 doesn't work for you, try one of the others.

Lolegasm
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Thanks for this guide. I usually hate IRC, because..well...it just seems hard to use haha, but this seems nice and easy to follow, so I'll check it out now.

EDIT: Since I live in Australia, do I download the Australian one? Or will that mean I can't connect to the converstaion in the US/Canada?

another EDIT: I couldn't find the "/join #kartrider" thingy. Is it only up and running at certain times or something?

Antoshi
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
It's all the same thing, Lolegasm, doesn't matter what country you download it from.

Also, you type in "/join #kartrider", and hit enter, and it'll bring you to the channel.

We need more people in this channel! Join us and chat!!

darg
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
do you guys still use the irc channel? i went to it but no one was there :v

InterNational
05-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I do from time to time. Hardly anyone does though. Anyway, I don't play KR much as much as I used to, so it doesn't matter. Plus, all of the guilds I am in, including those outside of KR use Ventrilo, so there isn't much use or point of IRC.

rosie25ky
05-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know or have anything about kartrider for the us? I went to nexon todayand kartrider is no longger there. Has it offically closed down for good? or what ? nexon hasnt left no news or updates about this game. thanks:)

Danteisdabom
05-26-2008, 07:54 PM
i have to, and i want to

donteatcats
06-23-2008, 12:17 AM
going in now

오키스모키
06-23-2008, 04:08 AM
going in now
Do you realise how old this thread is?

CiviCity
06-24-2008, 02:34 PM
Well it seems some of you have been missing out on the IRC chat action so this is tutorial designed for you to get on and chat it up with the rest of us.

Download the mIRC client

Go to mIRC's Download Page (http://mirc.com/get.html). Choose any of the American or Canadian downloads.

Install the mIRC client and start it up

Once the download finishes, install it on your computer. If you don't want it to be on your computer's program files, you can easily install it onto a USB Key.

Start & Set it up

When the installation is done, start the mIRC program and a box should pop up with the About mIRC. Click continue. You don't need to register after 30 days either. You can use it for as long as you like without paying to register it.

Another box will pop up. Fill in the information if you wish here and go to the menu on the left. Under the connect menu, there should be servers. Click on that and click on add

Enter the following information.

Description: PSIGenix Server
IRC Server: irc.psigenix.net
Port: 6668
Group: PSIGenix
Password: leave it blank

Then click add. Make sure the server you added is selected and then click connect to server.

Wait till the lines stop scrolling down and enter the following line.

/join #kartrider

After you do that, you should be in the room where we will be waiting. ;)

i get stuck there..it says *now talking in #kart rider ...what should i do?

오키스모키
06-25-2008, 12:44 AM
i get stuck there..it says *now talking in #kart rider ...what should i do?
There was no need to quote the entire post x_x

This is an extremely old thread, the IRC channel was short-lived, no one goes there any more.

CiviCity
06-25-2008, 10:58 AM
lol.....now where every goes ?

stephen64
07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Lets revive the IRC channel. I think it would be fun.

Rayz
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
nobody there...only wind...