PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions anyone?

RKBaller
10-06-2007, 05:51 PM
We're giving you all a chance to suggest anything to improve the site.

It can be anywhere from these stupid bracket code things to go away ([LOL][/ROFL]) to something else I can't think of.

So yeah, suggest..and we'll take it in to consideration if it's a good idea.

-Rajesh & DaFlameking :!:

(P.S if it is really a suggestion, post it in this so it will be organized and all in one thread, instead of a bajillion threads, thanks.)

Khaine
10-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I know that PhBB isnt exactly the easiest to Admin, but Custom skins that look good would do, the stock Skin annoys me.

Virtuoso702
10-07-2007, 08:33 AM
This forum looks a little bit too standard...
For some reason, I like Sleepywood's lay-out better. ^^

RKBaller
10-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Lol, Sleepywood has been up for how long? Oh yeah, 3 years and has donations. This forum has been up for 5 months, 3 of those months everyone being inactive. This is also the original layout the forum came with, we know about the skin issues.. It will take time for us to get better skins though, and I too like SW's layout. If things go well, next month, or a few months after, we will switch to vB.

Khaine
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Lol, Sleepywood has been up for how long? Oh yeah, 3 years and has donations. This forum has been up for 5 months, 3 of those months everyone being inactive. This is also the original layout the forum came with, we know about the skin issues.. It will take time for us to get better skins though, and I too like SW's layout. If things go well, next month, or a few months after, we will switch to vB.
I'm sure you can do good enough with this without funding.
Also, Sleepywood.net uses the vBulletin system, which you have to pay for.
This is PhpBB, it's free...to an extent, I know that a Domain name costs and other aspects.

Congee
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I mentioned it in some other thread..
but if you guys are gonna create rooms to play each other, should probably name them after the forum so people go "wth is that" and come visit.

RKBaller
10-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Jw, is advertising allowed on KR? I mean publicly. I'm scared to put it on game titles so I say the site name before and after a race.

Takashi
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Advertising isn't anything bad. I've told a few of my buddies about the site and told them there is a kart rider community available to hang out at. Putting the site in the game room title isnt a bad idea though

Surreal
10-07-2007, 03:56 PM
lol
I name games Kartextreme.
:]
It's probably not allowed, but who cares.

Garry
10-07-2007, 11:46 PM
:idea: I think this site should have some type of timer... or something. For example, like Basil Time from w w w.BasilMarket. c o m (Maple Story)... it has its own time so that people can contact eachother by that time so that they can trade in the game. This site should have a certain time so that we can race certain people at that time.

Congee
10-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I think that's a good idea, though I don't know if they can do that on this forum (unless we can disable people from choosing their time zones). I suppose they could put an "official" forum time on the front page though.

RKBaller
10-08-2007, 10:46 AM
It will be ether EST or PST. D:<

Lolegasm
10-14-2007, 12:46 AM
I totally have suggestion.

We should have a Burning Zone of our own, please. I want to rant about stuff D:

Flameking
10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
we're not sure if a burning zone would fit here but we'll consider making it available if more people support the idea. Ranting isn't always good ya know ;)

Lolegasm
10-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah, but sometimes people have rants about KR. Lots of people on sw.net would be all like "wtf kart rider is lame" etc.

And there are heaps of things in life to complain about too....

BZ please D:

Congee
10-16-2007, 09:00 AM
I also see no harm against having a BZ section here.
So what if it is supposed to be a mirror of SW?
Not all the people here have access to SW anyway.

Lmaonade
10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, cause god knows Lmaonade always has beef with people online.

._.

Jaguar
10-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm not a member at SW.

Anthony
10-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I dunno if it can be possible. But maybe have our own KartExtreme Vent server? :D It'd be REAL fun in item mode and fun in Speed mode. :P

Lolegasm
10-25-2007, 04:47 AM
^ What do you mean by that?

I was having an idea that maybe we could have KartExtreme rooms (titled "KartExtreme") which are private to only the forum's members.

This could be done by having a universal password given to all KartExtreme members.

It's just an idea, so people from the forums can race with each other more often and get to know each other better.

Anthony
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
^ What do you mean by that?

I was having an idea that maybe we could have KartExtreme rooms (titled "KartExtreme") which are private to only the forum's members.

This could be done by having a universal password given to all KartExtreme members.

It's just an idea, so people from the forums can race with each other more often and get to know each other better.
I mean like having our own Ventrillo Server(Talking online) So we can communicate to each other while racing. Thought it'd be fun.

Garry
11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
I think that's a good idea, though I don't know if they can do that on this forum (unless we can disable people from choosing their time zones). I suppose they could put an "official" forum time on the front page though. There is got to be a way! It would be awesome if we had one. :(

Anthony
11-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I got another suggestion. An animated banner. Dao char is short as hes driving up he drifts then smoke comes out and once the smoke clears out it says Kartextreme forums that'd be so cool o.o

Garry
11-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Cool! I never thought of that. Thats a good idea. Why don't someone make one? :P

Anthony
11-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Ooh lookie new skin and an ok looking banner xD Please put my suggestion into consideration. I would do the banner myself but im a photoshop newbie :(

Garry
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm only good in paint program. Anyone have any Photo Shop tutorials? :?
Any other ideas or suggestions?

RKBaller
11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
If you guys want to make us this super-kewl-awesome-leet banner, then all power to ya! :O

Garry
11-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Does that mean we don't have anyone to make our ideas come real? :(

Anthony
11-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Does that mean we don't have anyone to make our ideas come real? :(
Sadly no Lets go find a pro artist that supasses me and lolegasm

Garry
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Does that mean we don't have anyone to make our ideas come real? :( Sadly no Lets go find a pro artist that supasses me and lolegasm Hehe. Well... that'll be hard, won't it? :oops:

Lolegasm
11-16-2007, 03:04 AM
^ Yes, it will be very hard. Infact, it's impossible. I'm too good for anyone to surpass me.

Anyway, time for a real suggestion.

I think that mods should have a difference in appearance to normal members. Whether it's a different coloured name/glove, or a staff sign next to their name (like in sleepy), I think they should have something to differenciate them from the normal members.

Anthony
11-16-2007, 10:12 PM
^ Yes, it will be very hard. Infact, it's impossible. I'm too good for anyone to surpass me.

Anyway, time for a real suggestion.

I think that mods should have a difference in appearance to normal members. Whether it's a different coloured name/glove, or a staff sign next to their name (like in sleepy), I think they should have something to differenciate them from the normal members.
Yea I was thinking the same thing maybe make rainbow star gloves only acquirable to mods and reg membs can't get it.

RKBaller
11-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Once again, PhpBB is bad for all that stuff. :S Wait for vB, and hopefully we'll have all that stuff. :o

Lolegasm
11-17-2007, 06:34 AM
^ Oh, ok. Does vB cost more or something?

Anthony
11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
From what I've heard hosting one is like 160$. o.O

SpeedShmeed
11-19-2007, 10:07 PM
maybe we should adv. a bit / have a donation section?

Twisted
11-20-2007, 01:32 AM
maybe we should adv. a bit / have a donation section?
This forum is too small to get donations, isn't it? There aren't that many active members.

SpeedShmeed
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Well ads by google is pretty easy advert, why not just give us a referal link or something, and our members can send it out places if your consernd about members

and btw, we are the ones asking for this. why not be apart in getting it?

RKBaller
11-20-2007, 01:39 PM
If anyone is willing to donate..vB..yah... >_>

It's true that this forum is small, but I posted somewhere before that sleepywood.net was the same in it's starting point, mirite? So give it some time..and don't ditch us. :P

Sheep
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
*ditch*

SpeedShmeed
11-20-2007, 02:08 PM
i was looking at our compitition, and i realesd that, the dmv section is almost everywhere!

i saw the same drift guide a bunch of times

the most amount of members i saw was 987...

RKBaller
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
PM me the site. <_<

Surreal
11-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes the drift guide is everywhere.
It's not mine.
It's a guy from Nexon forums.
I credited him with making the drift guide in my post.

Flameking
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
i think we have more needed guides/information than other sites out there. and that general drifting guide is everywhere.

InterNational
11-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Removing the post count requirement to view the ghost database or imposing spam warnings, please. Not that anyone has spammed really to get their 10 posts, but it's going to happen sooner or later. Having the requirement without warnings given out is just encouraging people to spam.

RKBaller
11-29-2007, 05:32 AM
It;s easy to monitor spam because it's not like SW where people post every second. I check if people spam too, so I got that covered. ;D

vortexmatum
12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
i have 10 psts but i cant get into database

rxdazn
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
i have 10 psts but i cant get into database

I see 3 posts.

Maybe KE only has post count for some sections like SW does.

RKBaller
12-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Naw, post count is in every section except Poop and here (at least to my knowledge).

He spammed "lol," "nice," etc. to get his 10 posts so I deleted them..a warning system would have been much better. :S

PROslDanny
12-30-2007, 04:16 PM
It will be ether EST or PST. D:<

I think it should be PST, since the game is in PST... well Nexon is in Los Angeles, the KR website's time is PST, etc... [/b]

Ebits21
01-21-2008, 08:01 PM
We need a popkart/korean version subforum..... The one thread is just going to keep getting longer XD. Seems like you'd have to do something about it eventually.

... I know you guys want to keep this a NAKR forum, but I don't think that a subforum will ruin the focus of the site. Tons of people on here play both and will gladly play the English version once more stuff comes out (It gets old playing with people you can't talk to!).

A lot of people on here play other versions and have plenty to say about them.... why not let kartextreme be the best place to talk about them???

Pretty plox o.0

Flameking
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
We need a popkart/korean version subforum..... The one thread is just going to keep getting longer XD. Seems like you'd have to do something about it eventually.

... I know you guys want to keep this a NAKR forum, but I don't think that a subforum will ruin the focus of the site. Tons of people on here play both and will gladly play the English version once more stuff comes out (It gets old playing with people you can't talk to!).

A lot of people on here play other versions and have plenty to say about them.... why not let kartextreme be the best place to talk about them???

Pretty plox o.0

yes, we already planned a popkart/kkr subforum since the beginning of this month but we will probably do it after the decision for a vb.

Ebits21
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Pretty plox o.0

yes, we already planned a popkart/kkr subforum since the beginning of this month but we will probably do it after the decision for a vb.

Nice, my suggestion was pre-approved, lol.

Manj
01-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Ya the KKR/PK sub-forums would be useful, because its hard to discuss in only one thread when there are plenty of things to discuss about it.

Gizmo
02-28-2008, 06:00 PM
i found Smfforfree to be a good forum host, has a good layout

0O0KiM0O0
10-27-2008, 03:25 AM
May I ask????
How can I join to KKR or POPKART?????
I can't seem to sign up there . . . .
I have only a North American Kartrider Account . . . .

G4m3ShArK
10-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Old threads zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Gizmo
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
You can tell that it's old because there is a post by Manj in it.

melhady
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM
This is a really old thread, I dont know if anyone is going to look at this but. I want to suggest if someone could post like a walk through PopKart and what the menus do and such, because im lost in that game and dont really understand the menus and such. I know it would be a pain to create but it would benefit so many people. :)