PDA

View Full Version : Midgame karts flashing

poopoopaul
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm sure you guys have discussed this before, but I can't seem to locate this problem mentioned in previous threads.

I'm playing on vista on my laptop, and around 1.5-2 laps into a race, the karts start flashing, so I can't lock on to anyone. Also, there is no sound of the karts or weapons or anything, only the game music.

It's some glitch I can't figure out, is it just vista?

When I run the game at home on my desktop with XP, wireless, the game runs fine, so I'm sure it's not lag.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Paul

shroum
02-19-2008, 02:51 PM
well you are useing vista. It messed up my computer too could do any thing predymuch.... My sugjection ( I spelt that rong dident I =0 ) is that you go back to xp.

Spyyder0
02-19-2008, 03:52 PM
sugjection ( I spelt that rong dident I =0 )
suggestion. :D

I've seen ppl blink from lag, could be the pc, try updating to xp and see if it fixes it.

shroum
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM
suggestion. :D

I've seen ppl blink from lag, could be the pc, try updating to xp and see if it fixes it.

wouldent it be down gradeing? o_O

Spyyder0
02-19-2008, 03:59 PM
lol. no, not even close. its definitely an upgrade. There is nothing good about Vista, it doesnt even look that pretty.

shroum
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
true dident think of it that way I ment it in the order of newer stuff.... o-o

DaFlameking
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Try this if you havent already.

Before starting up the game, Right Click your shortcut Icon for KartRider and then go to properties.

There should be a compatibility tab. Go to it and check the box to run the game in a different version. Since your using Vista, all the other versions of Windows should be there so pick Windows XP. Click Apply then Ok.

After that, try the game. If it still doesnt fix it, restart your computer (sometimes it takes a restart to make the changes effect) and open up KartRider again.

Hopefully that should work

Heres a picture to help to get you where your going.
http://kartextreme.net/images/troubleshoot.gif

poopoopaul
02-24-2008, 04:37 PM
I tried running the xp version on windows vista per your suggestion, but still happens. Any other ideas?

InterNational
02-24-2008, 05:51 PM
What's your connection speed, what's your ISP and are you on a laptop or a desktop? Are there any other people accessing your network during the time you're on? (If you're internet is not secure, neighbors can hack into your connection rather easily)

kenfireball
02-24-2008, 08:33 PM
What's your connection speed, what's your ISP and are you on a laptop or a desktop? Are there any other people accessing your network during the time you're on? (If you're internet is not secure, neighbors can hack into your connection rather easily) You can ry downgrading to xp just search that in google i have vista and everythign runs fine for me.

G4m3ShArK
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Even if it doesnt help your KR problem you should rly go back to xp ... Its good for everything you do